• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I am not a racist and i am with him.

Yet amid all the hype, let us not lose sight of reality: No matter how much the media attempts to stir up racial strife, the fact is about 70 black people are killed by other black folks for every one killed by a white police officer. White police killings of black people are simply a non-issue compared to what black people do to each other, unfortunately.

Appeal to Worse Problems - TV Tropes

I believe I have seen Bill Cosby make that exact point but in a more broad sense, making the argument that the smartest thing for blacks to do at the moment is to stop whining about their alleged abusers, get off their asses, and attempt to build a better life.

He did not get very far, and not because he is a twisted sex fiend.

That would be like work, and everything.

Being a victim is easier.

Last edited:
Sorry if someone robs a store and then tries to grap an officers gun they will likely end up shot.

I certainly wouldd expect to be if I did that.

or if some 1 tries to put ther hands in the air

I believe I have seen Bill Cosby make that exact point but in a more broad sense, making the argument that the smartest thing for blacks to do at the moment is to stop whining about their alleged abusers, get off their asses, and attempt to build a better life.

He did not get very far, and not because he is a twisted sex fiend.

protesting racism seems like it would make for a better life

nothing worng wiht focusing on other problems and they may very well be worse problems but using them to brush off something else is some bull****

Stop running away from the truth. "Fix the big problems, and the little problems will take care of themselves."

but you seem to be the one running away police racism is not a thing or justified becase of black on black violence realy?

protesting racism seems like it would make for a better life

nothing worng wiht focusing on other problems and they may very well be worse problems but using them to brush off something else is some bull****

The "Justice" system is a disaster, making this all about the subsection of this disaster called the grievances of the black community is brain numbingly stupid.

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
MLK

And yet we find that America @2016 is EXACTLY that stupid.

but you seem to be the one running away police racism is not a thing or justified becase of black on black violence realy?

I am starting to think that there are members here who would rather climb a tree to cry about ONE wrong than to stand on the ground and fix them all. If your group is willing to ignore the hundreds of deaths as a result of black-on-black violence to perpetuate an agenda built around one as yet unresolved case, then I would have to conclude that you are disingenuous at best and disgusting at worst.

The "Justice" system is a disaster, making this all about the subsection of this disaster called the grievances of the black community is brain numbingly stupid.

MLK

And yet we find that America @2016 is EXACTLY that stupid.

yes focusing on 1 problem and excluding all else stupid got it

dismising 1 kind of injustice out of hand by using another even a larger 1 as an excuse still dishonest bull****

Yet amid all the hype, let us not lose sight of reality: No matter how much the media attempts to stir up racial strife, the fact is about 70 black people are killed by other black folks for every one killed by a white police officer. White police killings of black people are simply a non-issue compared to what black people do to each other, unfortunately.

Appeal to Worse Problems - TV Tropes

In the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown in the US, a number of pundits and politicians downplayed the seriousness of possible police misconduct by saying that black-on-black crime is far worse, falling squarely into this trope.

I am starting to think that there are members here who would rather climb a tree to cry about ONE wrong than to stand on the ground and fix them all. If your group is willing to ignore the hundreds of deaths as a result of black-on-black violence to perpetuate an agenda built around one as yet unresolved case, then I would have to conclude that you are disingenuous at best and disgusting at worst.

You are aware are you not that the DC ELITE have long been making the choice to not work to solve problems because they want to campaign on them, they see profit in keeping America's problems not solved....right?

I dont expect DP members to be better humans than the DC ELITE.

That would be dumb.

definitely know how you feel swear there's a bunch of bastards on hear who won't consider that racist and excessive violence is directed at black people by the authorities becase there's to much black crime

not like these people are most in need of being able to trust and reach out to the police for help or anything

In the wake of the shooting of Michael Brown in the US, a number of pundits and politicians downplayed the seriousness of possible police misconduct by saying that black-on-black crime is far worse, falling squarely into this trope.

Fantasy/Fact, this is what matters.

We have become a nation full to the brim with Mumbo-Jumbo.

It is now all about stuff like who says what and what our emotional response to the speaker is and what the speaker might or might not have done 40 years ago....

:screwy

yes focusing on 1 problem and excluding all else stupid got it

dismising 1 kind of injustice out of hand by using another even a larger 1 as an excuse still dishonest bull****

Stupid is trying to make the Officers Mess (The black Experience) ship shape when the boat(America) is sinking.

Stupid is trying to make the Officers Mess (The black Experience) ship shape when the boat(America) is sinking.

and we're back to the appeal to worse problems

tell you what when the alien zombi russians invade or yellowstone erupts ill ignore racism

tell you what when the alien zombi russians invade or yellowstone erupts ill ignore racism

Well then, you just go right on out there and have yourself a nice day, Pilgrim.

YES!

We need to relearn how to prioritize threats and problems.

Very few people possess this skill anymore, and this is a huge ****ing problem.

YES!

We need to relearn how to prioritize threats and problems.

Very few people possess this skill anymore, and this is a huge ****ing problem.

no in this case you can multi task

at least till are comrades from beyond the stars and the grave show up

Even when you multitask you prioritize problems, though I saw some research about a year ago that says that if we do multi-task we will on average do the work less well. Slower too I think they said.

You are up a creek without a paddle.

Are you ready to concede?

:cowboy:

I have heard, though I don't know from first hand experience, that coming back from a long peyote trip can be a bit of a bummer.

Very interesting. The most remarkable sentence seemed to me:
"How did we get here? The Welfare Industrial Complex has produced generational government dependence that has devastated black families and communities and created the criminal underclass of black thugs the police are killing today. "
This is rather tricky for us all, as it says that we successively initiated a set of policies over 60 years based on a type of thinking that does not work. The ideology has taken hold of political thought in all areas of society and has created a large base of citizens whose lives depend on it. After all, it puts the thinking behind the civil rights movement in question. It will be very difficult to identify and unwind the policies that are gnawing at our roots.

Even when you multitask you prioritize problems, though I saw some research about a year ago that says that if we do multi-task we will on average do the work less well. Slower too I think they said.

You are up a creek without a paddle.

Are you ready to concede?

:cowboy:

no still just figure you would rather ignore this and that it immoral and pointless to do so

Very interesting. The most remarkable sentence seemed to me:
"How did we get here? The Welfare Industrial Complex has produced generational government dependence that has devastated black families and communities and created the criminal underclass of black thugs the police are killing today. "
This is rather tricky for us all, as it says that we successively initiated a set of policies over 60 years based on a type of thinking that does not work. The ideology has taken hold of political thought in all areas of society and has created a large base of citizens whose lives depend on it. After all, it puts the thinking behind the civil rights movement in question. It will be very difficult to identify and unwind the policies that are gnawing at our roots.

becase black people are just lazy criminals who need the threat of death to be decent people

like people would rather attack wellfair then racism

no still just figure you would rather ignore this and that it immoral and pointless to do so

Figuring out what matters and how much is pretty much the entire trick to living life well.

You might want to think on that some.

Figuring out what matters and how much is pretty much the entire trick to living life well.

You might want to think on that some.

life matters equal treatment under the law and its enforment matters

what are you working on that you have to ignore those things?

becase black people are just lazy criminals who need the threat of death to be decent people

like people would rather attack wellfair then racism

That is not at all, what I read out of that. I am not even really sure that I understand how anyone could. Would you be willing to explain your statement?

That is not at all, what I read out of that. I am not even really sure that I understand how anyone could. Would you be willing to explain your statement?

what i seem to get from a lot of people and the op article is that black people have so much crime becase to many of them just leech off of the government so they abandon ther familys and jobs and dont worck which leads to more crime

and that we need to make them fear for the survival and wellbeing of themselves and ther families so they will worck and form strong families that will reduce crime by giving people more discipline and better role models
and once the crime rate is down ( it bieng the only problem that should matter concerning african americans ) the police wil no longer be justified in discriminating against black people out of fear that they are more likely to be dangerous criminals and will therefore stop said discrimination

black problems are largely the fault of black people and the only thing you can blame society in general for is givng them welfare

Back
Top Bottom