• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I am not a racist and i am with him.

Was Philando Castile resisting arrest?

No he was not. Yet he mentioned a gun in his right pocket and reached for it. Officers daily have guns puled on them. i think in that case the officer thought he was going to pull a gun. Yet in many of these cases they are felons reaching for weapons.

Actually, what we have is thread in which the OP put up an exceptionally well balanced essay about self-control, personal responsiblity, and personal pride. You may not have had the time to read it? Why am I not surprised?

You and those like you are always so busy blaming others for your own failures that you don't have time to grow up and face the truth. Being a worthwhile, contributing member of our society requires more than a few tattoes, a potty mouth, and a pair of pants that don't fit. Grow up.

and thats why the school cafeteria worker deserved to die

Do you know what happened? Were you there?

Like the Dallas police chief said … those in comfortable safe chairs judging the officer? i actually think in that case the officer heard him say he had a gun in his right pocket and then he reached in his right pocket and the officer had a split second. it is terribly sad yet who does that?

There are a few instances of of the many where there is police wrong doing and I am not justifying this yet the BL:M anti police at the cost of any thug is just plain wrong.

Or maybe he was stoned and thus more stupid than normal.

Like BIG MIKE in Ferguson.

Just a thought.

yep or maybe he was gun downed unjustly by a cop

No he was not. Yet he mentioned a gun in his right pocket and reached for it. Officers daily have guns puled on them. i think in that case the officer thought he was going to pull a gun. Yet in many of these cases they are felons reaching for weapons.

Go figure:

Since 2007 U.S. gun manufacturers have more than doubled their output. For the years I have detailed (1986 – 2012) over 164 million new firearms have been manufactured or imported and sold in the United States. In 2014 it is just beginning to slow down, but is still above 2012 levels, which was a record high by a wide margin. By the end of 2014, I fully expect to see this number approach 200 million. The Congressional Research Service put the number of civilian firearms ownership in the United States at 310 million back in 2009: 114 million handguns, 110 million rifles, and 86 million shotguns
Gun Ownership By The Numbers | The Daily Caller

t saddens me that what little is left of the black civil rights movement is spent defending thugs, hustlers, drug dealers, and troublemakers such as Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Freddie Gray, Alton Sterling, and Philando Castile. Can you believe we’ve gone from honorable causes like fighting for the right of black people to attend college to defending black criminals who foolishly mouth off against, run away from, and fight with the police; police who are putting their lives on the line to protect us from criminals?

those people may very well need some defending though

Can’t the protestors at least defend young black men of honor, quiet heroes going against the grain by wearing their pants around their waist; refusing thuggery, weed-smoking, and hustling; those who marry one woman, have all their kids with that one woman, proactively raise those kids to be successful, productive citizens, and love only their wife and no other woman; those who work an honest job with integrity, intensity, and discipline, no matter how menial the work? (Note: selling illegal cigarettes on the street or bootleg CDs on the corner doesn’t count as honest work!)

not all of these things seem relevant to not deserving to be shot

Philando Castile did not seem like much of a fug and he was not necessarily mouthing off running or fighting the police

If a protest were held against the oppression of such young black men, I’d be the first to join in. Yet every time I hear of a black man being killed by the cops, he’s not the man I just described. He’s almost always a criminal thug I have no desire to defend. Hardly our best, and hardly what Dr. King died for.

you know maybe people who aren't the best can be treated in ways that are worng to and perhaps they cna be treated wrongly more often because of ther race as well

t saddens me that what little is left of the black civil rights movement is spent defending thugs, hustlers, drug dealers, and troublemakers such as Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Freddie Gray, Alton Sterling, and Philando Castile. Can you believe we’ve gone from honorable causes like fighting for the right of black people to attend college to defending black criminals who foolishly mouth off against, run away from, and fight with the police; police who are putting their lives on the line to protect us from criminals?

those people may very well need some defending though

Why is the color of man's skin more important than the content of his character? Please, answer my question.

Sorry if someone robs a store and then tries to grap an officers gun they will likely end up shot.

I certainly wouldd expect to be if I did that.

When I read reports of LA County Sheriff’s unloading 120 bullets into a vehicle that is leaving I'd have to say yes.

They managed to block it in a residential neighborhood in Compton, where they squeezed out 120 rounds at its unarmed driver, 44-year-old Winston Hayes, who is also African American.

The shooting reportedly lasted 18 seconds and peppered several residential homes nearby. One stray bullet tore through a neighbor’s closet, blowing a hole through his hat. Investigators found another spent round lodged in the stucco wall of an elementary school two blocks away
Video: Officer Involved: Shooting at suspects in cars is dangerous, LA sheriff found, so why didn't it stop? | 89.3 KPCC

1. On what basis are these particular people "thugs? The writer doesn't know any of these people. How dare he dismiss their witness when he knows not of the circumstance. How arrogant to rush to judgement to suit his convenience.
2. Resisting arrest is not a capital crime AND, even if it was, the police do not get to be judge, jury and executioner.

Talk about people wanting to blame others and take no personal responsibility: dismissing the repeated events of excessive force by police, largely directed at blacks, is blaming others and taking no personal responsibility. Are people here actually that thick that they think there is no problem? That it is all the fault of the black man? What an ugly commentary on Americans...

It amazes how many people on this board lack compassion, introspection and a sense of social responsibility; how many function with ice in their veins?

You see, unlike those men recently shot, I do not fear for my life from the police. Quite the contrary, my life is made safer by the police who stand between me and people like Sterling, who is much more likely to break into my car or stick me up at night compared to any harm that might come to me from a police officer. The fact is, the police are not shooting black men like me. Why? Because I am not a criminal, and when the police stop me, I politely do what they say, and they leave me alone. I do not run away, fight back, or mouth off. It’s really pretty simple.

Why is no one asking how these men’s families and communities failed them so badly that they became criminals or thugs? If you look up “tough” in the dictionary, my grandmother’s picture will come up. If you were raised under her and acted up, after she got done with you you’d wish the police had gotten to you first. I’m glad my father was raised in such an environment. Discipline happens in the home, and it starts early. When it doesn’t, the police are left to clean up the mess of deeply broken human beings who were already doomed before their first interaction with the law. It’s totally unfair to ask the police to treat hardened criminals with kid gloves.

again we seem to be assuming the mistakes people have made in the lives automaticky mean the police were right to kill

there's definitely a smart way to deal with the police and some shootings are surly justified but i dont think they all are

How did we get here? The Welfare Industrial Complex has produced generational government dependence that has devastated black families and communities and created the criminal underclass of black thugs the police are killing today. I wonder what Black Lives Matter has to say about that? Will they unequivocally call for an end to the welfare, food stamps, and government subsidized housing that have replaced the black father, and thus return the role of family provider to the black man where it belongs, not the government?

political ranting

1. On what basis are these particular people "thugs". The writer doesn't know any of them. He is rushing to judgement as a matter of his convenience.
2. Resisting arrest is not a capital crime AND, even if it was, the police do not get to be judge, jury and executioner.

Talk about people wanting to blame others and take no personal responsibility, dismissing the repeated events of excessive force by police, largely directed at blacks, is blaming others and taking no personal responsibility. Are people here actually that thick that they think there is no problem? That it is all the fault of the black man? What an ugly commentary on Americans...

It amazes how many people on this board lack compassion, introspection and a sense of social responsibility; how many function with ice in their veins?

Yea it amazes me when people lack compassion and logic. Felons with guns resisting arrest or grabbing an officers gun is a lethal threat to the officer or other citizens.

Will they call for a complete end to illegal immigration and to burdensome regulations and taxes that make hiring Americans too expensive? After all, these things reduce wages, increase unemployment, and harm the ability of young black men to get jobs that provide for a family. My guess: don’t hold your breath. It’s just so much easier to blame the police, white privilege, and institutionalized racism.

more political ranting

1. On what basis are these particular people "thugs? The writer doesn't know any of these people. How dare he dismiss their witness when he knows not of the circumstance. How arrogant to rush to judgement to suit his convenience.

Talk about people wanting to blame others and take no personal responsibility, dismissing the repeated events of excessive force by police, largely directed at blacks, is blaming others and taking no personal responsibility. Are people here actually that thick that they think there is no problem? That it is all the fault of the black man? What an ugly commentary on Americans...

It is also amazing how many are guilt ridden, pathos mongering phonies who would rather stir discontent than fix what is broken. Of course, fixing what is broken requires work and why would anybody on welfare want to work?

Yet amid all the hype, let us not lose sight of reality: No matter how much the media attempts to stir up racial strife, the fact is about 70 black people are killed by other black folks for every one killed by a white police officer. White police killings of black people are simply a non-issue compared to what black people do to each other, unfortunately.

Appeal to Worse Problems - TV Tropes

It is also amazing how many are guilt ridden, pathos mongering phonies who would rather stir discontent than fix what is broken. Of course, fixing what is broken requires work and why would anybody on welfare want to work?

I will say the OP wa snot so much about social services and case by case some people really need them and some do not.

Yet working or on public services --- if you are a thug and pull a gun or seem to on an officer you might get shot regardless of race or gender.

So no, despite the prevailing atmosphere of hysteria, I’m not afraid of being killed by the police. Quite the contrary: sadly, the data shows I’m much more likely to be victimized by a fellow black man than by a white police officer. So may the police remain sharp, aggressive, and strike fear into criminals so the good people don’t become victims.

good for him but that dosent men the peoel killed by police weer so bad they deserved to die

Yet amid all the hype, let us not lose sight of reality: No matter how much the media attempts to stir up racial strife, the fact is about 70 black people are killed by other black folks for every one killed by a white police officer. White police killings of black people are simply a non-issue compared to what black people do to each other, unfortunately.

Appeal to Worse Problems - TV Tropes

Stop running away from the truth. "Fix the big problems, and the little problems will take care of themselves."

Back
Top Bottom