• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I actually won the Newegg Shuffle....however

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Like everyone, I have been trying to buy a new graphic card for almost 2 years. I enter the Newegg Shuffle every day to try to win a 3060 or 3070 card, been doing it for a year and a half.

Yesterday, I won....however, I won something that I mistakenly clicked, sure it was a 3070ti card, but it was bundled with a motherboard, that I don't need, so that added 400 bucks more to the bill...so I punted on it. It came to over $1300, bad timing as my credit card was just banged for a hotel and a last minute flight purchase for me and my mate as we got stuck in San Diego trying to non-rev home (retired airline, free standby tix).

My bad.....still looking for a good 3060 or 3070ti. Best Buy has had a 3060 with one fan available lately, but I don't think it has enough umph for the dough ($649).

Oh well, the pipeline is getting a bit better in regards to graphic cards now that they are making cards that suck at bitcoin mining.

Like everyone, I have been trying to buy a new graphic card for almost 2 years. I enter the Newegg Shuffle every day to try to win a 3060 or 3070 card, been doing it for a year and a half.

Yesterday, I won....however, I won something that I mistakenly clicked, sure it was a 3070ti card, but it was bundled with a motherboard, that I don't need, so that added 400 bucks more to the bill...so I punted on it. It came to over $1300, bad timing as my credit card was just banged for a hotel and a last minute flight purchase for me and my mate as we got stuck in San Diego trying to non-rev home (retired airline, free standby tix).

My bad.....still looking for a good 3060 or 3070ti. Best Buy has had a 3060 with one fan available lately, but I don't think it has enough umph for the dough ($649).

Oh well, the pipeline is getting a bit better in regards to graphic cards now that they are making cards that suck at bitcoin mining.
I have no idea what you just said, but you should definitely dump her.

Turning down a 3070ti at that price when you could have sold the mobo. Interesting.

Kinda in the same situation regarding a GPU.
Just built a new system (z690 Hero (rma complete), i9-12900k etc...), but I am in no hurry for a new GPU and will patiently wait until they are more readily available and better priced.

Hope you have better luck getting what you want.

Nice!

I am still running on a 2060 that I bought right before the market went haywire.

If you are anywhere near a Micro Center, drop by on a Monday or Tuesday. You may catch them with a 3070 in stock, and their prices are pretty darn good. Before Christmas last year I happened to be picking up an order at one, and they actually had several 3060s and 3070s (Ti's as well) in stock. The 3070ti was around $800.

You can't depend on their site for these, they don't show up. I was looking at their site when I was at the store and they didn't show a single one in stock while there definitely were.

Back
Top Bottom