• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I’m Pro-Choice: Change My Mind Without Calling Me A Baby Killer

Ah yes the old tried and true " Answer hostage" scenario. Besides I'm 100% positive you and I have a completely different definition of "innocence " anyway - making that answer moot.
OK 🤷 Then it's pretty odd you criticized my questioning it.

Ah yes the old tried and true " Answer hostage" scenario. Besides I'm 100% positive you and I have a completely different definition of "innocence " anyway - making that answer moot.

CCAE6868-885C-4779-9E9A-3CABC20DB336.jpeg

You do know we can *see* the shit you ”like” on these screens, yeah?

I would say anyone who gets an abortion is by definition not "anti-abortion" but then there are truly medically necessary abortions where the real "choice" should be. A woman can be anti abortion in the sense of abortion for fashion sake/on demand and be faced with her physical death if she herself doesn't have one. Watch a little one man show called "Time flies when you're alive" by Paul Linke - many women make the choice to forgo their own (literal) life to give life to another human so humanity can move forward. Others choose to live and let go their offspring. This is where the "choice" in pro-"choice" should be located. We have to make medical decisions every day - most organ transplants require one person to die so that others may live. The "plug" is pulled so this can proceed. No one takes it lightly when it does and it is done for the sake of life - not "lifestyle" - as the recipient of an donor organ must meet ongoing behavior criteria to even be considered for a transplant.
LOL Nice try justifying a whole lot of conservative Christian compartmentalization with a few life or death cases. Your problem, among others is that you don't understand It doesn't take a math genius to notice that the 350,000 abortions done for evangelicals and Catholics can't be accounted for by looking at the 1.3% of all abortions done for risk of death medical reasons. You are trying .............. points for trying ............... very trying. LOL

If you can wait a few minutes I'll dig up some fun stories told by abortion clinic workers about evangelicals getting abortions. Good times!

LOL Nice try justifying a whole lot of conservative Christian compartmentalization with a few life or death cases. Your problem, among others is that you don't understand It doesn't take a math genius to notice that the 350,000 abortions done for evangelicals and Catholics can't be accounted for by looking at the 1.3% of all abortions done for risk of death medical reasons. You are trying .............. points for trying ............... very trying. LOL

If you can wait a few minutes I'll dig up some fun stories told by abortion clinic workers about evangelicals getting abortions. Good times!

Here you go: compartmentalization as interpreted by anti-abortion conservative Christian women who get abortions.

"At the clinic I worked at, we used to put a pink sticky note on their charts to give a heads-up to the back office staff. That way you'd be prepped for the hostility.'

She faced that hostility herself. 'I had a woman tell me I would burn in hell as I held her hand during her abortion,' she recalled.

'Another woman refused to wait in the same waiting room as the other patients because she didn't think she was "irresponsible" the way they were. We obliged to protect our other patients from her hostility.

Yet another woman laughed and told the doctor performing her procedure that she thought he should go to jail. After he had performed the abortion, of course,' she went on.

Another woman 'became furious when we told her we needed consent to perform the abortion'. 'She threw magazines from our waiting room at our staff after we told her we wouldn't do it without her signing consent forms. She tried to schedule with us several times. We kept referring her out.

'My years working in the clinic made me realize that a lot of "pro-life" people are willing to make exceptions for themselves or their loved ones. They just lack the empathy to understand that everyone seeking abortions has the same need that they do.'

There is also evidence of this brand of hypocracy among some anti-abortion politicians. Republican Representative Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania was outspoken in his anti-abortion stance, and co-sponsored a 20-week abortion ban bill. But in 2017, he resigned when a woman named Shannon Edwards, whom Murphy admitted to having an affair with, said he pressured her to get an abortion. 'You have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,' she allegedly texted him, according to documents obtained by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Meanwhile, Republican Representative Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee recorded himself pressuring his mistress into getting an abortion in 2000. The tape surfaced in 2012.

More to come.

Here you go: compartmentalization as interpreted by anti-abortion conservative Christian women who get abortions. More to come.

A SURVEY BY A CHRISTIAN RESEARCH GROUP SUGGESTS 70 PERCENT OF WOMEN WHO'VE HAD AN ABORTION IDENTIFY AS CHRISTIAN.
KRISTINA MARUSIC 12/03/2015
"Less than a week after evangelical Christian Robert Dear killed three people and wounded nine others with a semiautomatic weapon at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs -- ostensibly to protest killing, which he believed was taking place at that clinic -- a Christian research group has released the findings of a national survey containing a startling revelation: 70 percent of women who have abortions in the U.S. are Christians, and 23 percent of those women identify as Evangelical Christians.

The survey, which polled 1,038 women who'd had abortions from across the U.S., found that almost 40% of those women were attending a Christian church once a month or more at the time of their abortion, but that a majority of the women who attended church regularly kept their abortion a secret from their church community, mostly out of fear of being judged or condemned. Almost half of the women agreed that "pastors' teachings on forgiveness don't seem to apply to terminated pregnancies," and 54 percent agreed that churches "over-simplify decisions about pregnancy options."

Even sadder? Sixty-four percent of the women agreed that "Church members are more likely to gossip about a woman considering an abortion than help her understand her options."

Disturbingly, there's also anecdotal evidence to suggest that Christians who have received abortions are among the most vocal opponents of abortion rights (à la Pennsatucky on "Orange Is The New Black").

In her recent memoir "My Life On The Road," journalist and activist Gloria Steinem writes, "When I visit clinics, I've learned to ask the staff if they have ever seen an [anti-abortion] picketer come in, have an abortion, and go back to picketing again. From Atlanta to Wichita, the answer is yes. Yet because staff members see the woman's suffering and guard her right to privacy, they don't blow the whistle."

Steinem says that when she initially expressed disbelief over these stories, a clinic staff member explained to her "that women in such anti-abortion groups are more likely to be deprived of birth control and so to need an abortion. Then they feel guilty -- and picket even more."

Can I get you some more heart warming stories of "Christian" women compartmentalizing?

Alive, yes, most do (other than when it is likened to a couch) but "human" - no, people do not see it as human. If it is "okay" to disrupt the human life cycle before the human is "fully formed" then you'd have until they are roughly 20 years old since humans are still developing up to that point - the brain being the last thing to be fully formed.

Show one person currently posting that says a fetus inside a woman's body is not human.

Show one person currently posting that says a fetus inside a woman's body is not human.

The people who say it is a "parasite" . There seem to be quite a number of those here.

A SURVEY BY A CHRISTIAN RESEARCH GROUP SUGGESTS 70 PERCENT OF WOMEN WHO'VE HAD AN ABORTION IDENTIFY AS CHRISTIAN.
KRISTINA MARUSIC 12/03/2015
"Less than a week after evangelical Christian Robert Dear killed three people and wounded nine others with a semiautomatic weapon at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs -- ostensibly to protest killing, which he believed was taking place at that clinic -- a Christian research group has released the findings of a national survey containing a startling revelation: 70 percent of women who have abortions in the U.S. are Christians, and 23 percent of those women identify as Evangelical Christians.

The survey, which polled 1,038 women who'd had abortions from across the U.S., found that almost 40% of those women were attending a Christian church once a month or more at the time of their abortion, but that a majority of the women who attended church regularly kept their abortion a secret from their church community, mostly out of fear of being judged or condemned. Almost half of the women agreed that "pastors' teachings on forgiveness don't seem to apply to terminated pregnancies," and 54 percent agreed that churches "over-simplify decisions about pregnancy options."

Even sadder? Sixty-four percent of the women agreed that "Church members are more likely to gossip about a woman considering an abortion than help her understand her options."

Disturbingly, there's also anecdotal evidence to suggest that Christians who have received abortions are among the most vocal opponents of abortion rights (à la Pennsatucky on "Orange Is The New Black").

In her recent memoir "My Life On The Road," journalist and activist Gloria Steinem writes, "When I visit clinics, I've learned to ask the staff if they have ever seen an [anti-abortion] picketer come in, have an abortion, and go back to picketing again. From Atlanta to Wichita, the answer is yes. Yet because staff members see the woman's suffering and guard her right to privacy, they don't blow the whistle."

Steinem says that when she initially expressed disbelief over these stories, a clinic staff member explained to her "that women in such anti-abortion groups are more likely to be deprived of birth control and so to need an abortion. Then they feel guilty -- and picket even more."

Can I get you some more heart warming stories of "Christian" women compartmentalizing?

Yes, and Rachel Dolezal identifies as "black". Tony McGinn identifies as a dog. Kat Lyons identifies as a cat. Doesn't make it so.

You can call yourself anything - doesn't make it so. Just because they call themselves Christian doesn't mean they are.

View attachment 67317920

You do know we can *see* the shit you ”like” on these screens, yeah?
I 100% agree with that question so there is an issue with that? It is of value to know who does and does not consider it the human life cycle or something else altogether (a k.a. the people who insist it is a case of parasitism instead of human reproduction.)

You can call yourself anything - doesn't make it so. Just because they call themselves Christian doesn't mean they are.

LOL "Christian" is what you say it is not what people lay they are. LOL. That's called the Mashmont addendum to the Mashmont corollary to the Mashmont axiom that "God and I get to decide stuff"

LOL "Christian" is what you say it is not what people lay they are. LOL. That's called the Mashmont addendum to the Mashmont corollary to the Mashmont axiom that "God and I get to decide stuff"
Correction:
Christian is what you say it is not what people say (not lay) they are

I 100% agree with that question so there is an issue with that? It is of value to know who does and does not consider it the human life cycle or something else altogether (a k.a. the people who insist it is a case of parasitism instead of human reproduction.)

Human reproduction is the result. “Paratism” is the process by which the fetus survives.

Are you sure you’re arguing the terms you meant to here? Are you sure you meant to use the phrase “parasitism”?

Human reproduction is the result. “Paratism” is the process by which the fetus survives.

Are you sure you’re arguing the terms you meant to here? Are you sure you meant to use the phrase “parasitism”?

Yes
I meant parasitism - there are many here who erroneously refer to the offspring as a parasite.
I'm thinking they are confused with the term parasitic twin - a birth defect

Yes
I meant parasitism - there are many here who erroneously refer to the offspring as a parasite.
I'm thinking they are confused with the term parasitic twin - a birth defect

So you don’t think a fetus grows via a parasitic process? They’re not living off the host at all?

So you don’t think a fetus grows via a parasitic process? They’re not living off the host at all?

No a parasitic process requires one separate species to live of another entirely different species. Human reproduction is human reproduction - scientifically - it is not a parasite - scientifically.

No a parasitic process requires one separate species to live of another entirely different species. Human reproduction is human reproduction - scientifically - it is not a parasite - scientifically.

”separate species” is not part of the definition. Just that one organism feeds off another.

It seems your own confusion about these terms has kept you from understanding the arguments as laid out by folks on this board you keep accusing of butchering a concept you don’t seem overly familiar with.

No, it does not. A parasite can be of the same species. That has been shown here before, quite recently, in fact.

You do realize that this whole parasitism issue was brought on by the anti-abortion movement's insisting that the fetus has separate and equal rights because it is an entirely new and different person, wholly and separate from the mother because it has DNA that is different from hers. Which, if that is true then the fetus can be called a parasite. And parasites in humans can be legally killed.

We can drop the parasitism tease when the anti-abortion people drop the equally silly fetus as a separate individual person semantic and biological contortion.

Impossible. Fetus aren’t people. I believe a fetus is a life. Just not an important one.

Would you have accepted that argument from slavers? If not, why not?

Would you have accepted that argument from slavers? If not, why not?

Someone that doesn't understand the difference between the enslavement of a living human being and the abortion of a non-sentient, unaware 1st trimester fetus isn't smart enough to have an intelligent opinion about either slavery or abortion.

Back
Top Bottom