• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I’m Pro-Choice: Change My Mind Without Calling Me A Baby Killer

Aunt Antifa

Vaccinated-American
Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
So: I do not subscribe to any moral values placed on fetuses. I do not place any societal value to a fetus (or I should say outside of the respective person(s) intimately involved with a given fetus. Clearly they value and cherish, to which I certainly say bless!). I do not buy into the arbirtrary nature of “heartbeats” and “brainwaves.” We end human life - actual real on the planet persons - every day via any number of decisions based on factors other than “heartbeats and brain waves.”

I do not care when “life” begins, as I have stated - a fetus has no intrinsic value to a society outside of what the carriers of that fetus wish it to have.

So where does this leave us? Why should I ever agree to allow anyone control or say in my own body? What is the justification for this massive intrusion into my privacy when anyone threatens to ban abortion?

So: I do not subscribe to any moral values placed on fetuses. I do not place any societal value to a fetus (or I should say outside of the respective person(s) intimately involved with a given fetus. Clearly they value and cherish, to which I certainly say bless!). I do not buy into the arbirtrary nature of “heartbeats” and “brainwaves.” We end human life - actual real on the planet persons - every day via any number of decisions based on factors other than “heartbeats and brain waves.”

I do not care when “life” begins, as I have stated - a fetus has no intrinsic value to a society outside of what the carriers of that fetus wish it to have.

So where does this leave us? Why should I ever agree to allow anyone control or say in my own body? What is the justification for this massive intrusion into my privacy when anyone threatens to ban abortion?
The statement highlighted suggests that you are beyond convincing. I wouldn’t want to waste my time.

Then it’s weird you took action to specifically do that.
Not weird at all. I’m just giving you an honest perspective from the other side as to what the problem is in regards to your challenge. It’s like being asked to run a race where you have no chance of winning.

Not weird at all. I’m just giving you an honest perspective from the other side as to what the problem is in regards to your challenge. It’s like being asked to run a race where you have no chance of winning.

Gotcha. Tootles.

So basically: “We cannot construct a rational argument that does not play to jesus or emotions”.

You mean she made such a good point that you cannot think of even one rebuttal and so are giving up, .

You mean she made such a good point that you cannot think of even one rebuttal and so are giving up, .

It’s weird, none of em got a thing to say.

Because none of this has to do with swaying anyone. It’s always about control.

No point in farting against thunder.
Regardless of the hypocrisy of her argument, her bitterness outweighs any pitifully small logic her responses may of included.

Regardless of the hypocrisy of her argument, her bitterness outweighs any pitifully small logic her responses may of included.
She made it clear that she’s unpersuadable. Throughout the abortion debate the definition of life and it’s viability outside the womb of a woman has always been a factor. Even the SC acknowledged that that factor was a compelling component determining at what point abortion is not an acceptable option except in cases where the life and/or wellbeing of the woman was at stake. To exclude that element from discussion makes this effort to persuade a non-starter.

She made it clear that she’s unpersuadable. Throughout the abortion debate the definition of life and it’s viability outside the womb of a woman has always been a factor. Even the SC acknowledged that that factor was a compelling component determining at what point abortion is not an acceptable option except in cases where the life and/or wellbeing of the woman was at stake. To exclude that element from discussion makes this effort to persuade a non-starter.
While I can understand, in certain but minimal circumstances the need for a doctor, to carry out a termination, it's still abhorrent, and a criminal offence.
It must be terrible and horrific for any women ever coming to terms with the very opposite her existence screams. But you get exceptions to every rule.

While I can understand, in certain but minimal circumstances the need for a doctor, to carry out a termination, it's still abhorrent, and a criminal offence.
It must be terrible and horrific for any women ever coming to terms with the very opposite her existence screams. But you get exceptions to every rule.

Cite the law.

I understand your need to bring an emotional element into this as you have demonstrated very little in the way of a sensible argument. But could you point out where in her op you find bitterness or even hypocrisy.

It’s weird, none of em got a thing to say.

Because none of this has to do with swaying anyone. It’s always about control.
The thread is already going down the same old road. Highlander is trying for an emotional plea and overtill wants to pretend that it is all about killing viable babies.

I understand your need to bring an emotional element into this as you have demonstrated very little in the way of a sensible argument. But could you point out where in her op you find bitterness or even hypocrisy.
Why, a closed book, is a closed book. It's not going to open of its own volition. Her bitterness and hypocrisy are in every word she writes.
Perhaps the lady should listen to a few Jordan Peterson videos, who most eloquently, will explain her dilemma her tribalism, and her tyranny.
Have a nice day.

If that’s the party of your body where you feel your pro life arguments come from, I’ll take you at your word.

Why, a closed book, is a closed book. It's not going to open of its own volition. Her bitterness and hypocrisy are in every word she writes.
Perhaps the lady should listen to a few Jordan Peterson videos, who most eloquently, will explain her dilemma her tribalism, and her tyranny.
Have a nice day.

If I want to read about male astrology, I’ll look up libertarianism.

Thus far your posts in this thread have consisted of personal attacks, claims of your own arguments emanating your asshole, and a troll attempt by name dropping someone you think is gonna make me soooo mad.

I guess this is the “science” yall swear you follow on this issue. Shrug.

So far: abortions should be legal cause JORDAN PETERSON.

I mean, I guess it’s something?

Why would a fetus have no intrinsic value? you know what that means, right?

Why would a fetus have no intrinsic value? you know what that means, right?

Yup. I used the words I meant to.

Fetuses have no value. What part of that is unclear?

Yup. I used the words I meant to.

Fetuses have no value. What part of that is unclear?
ok, but why do they have no intrinsic value? What if i said you have no intrinsic value?

ok, but why do they have no intrinsic value? What if i said you have no intrinsic value?

It’s a financial term that means no worth. I extrapolated it on to an item that meets that definition.

You would be factually incorrect. I am a person on this planet contributing to this society in any number of tangible, quantifiable means.

Same cannot be said of fetuses. Who add nothing.

Do you really think foetuses have zero value? So society shouldn't commit resources to caring for or protecting them in any circumstances? That might render the abortion issue much simpler but I think it raises more questions than it answers.

There is a massive range between "ban abortion" and the unconditional choice position you seem to be taking. Are you only interesting in pointlessly arguing the political extremes or would you be willing to consider the complexities and imperfections in the middle-ground that is reality?

Do you really think foetuses have zero value? So society shouldn't commit resources to caring for or protecting them in any circumstances? That might render the abortion issue much simpler but I think it raises more questions than it answers.

There is a massive range between "ban abortion" and the unconditional choice position you seem to be taking. Are you only interesting in pointlessly arguing the political extremes or would you be willing to consider the complexities and imperfections in the middle-ground that is reality?

I stated fetuses have as much value as those who wish to have them place on them. To the rest of us, there is no value. I am not opposed to HEALTHCARE, so no, I do not wish to strip people who choose to have children of access to it.

My position isn’t extreme. Pro life folks wish to control women’s bodies. I’m unclear as to why this is “complex” other than folks have a superstitious attachment to fetuses usually based on religion.

Last edited:
If I want to read about male astrology, I’ll look up libertarianism.

Thus far your posts in this thread have consisted of personal attacks, claims of your own arguments emanating your asshole, and a troll attempt by name dropping someone you think is gonna make me soooo mad.

I guess this is the “science” yall swear you follow on this issue. Shrug.
Not at all, I agree the futility of discussing a complex issue when, there can be no discussion!

And let's keep the discussion out of the sewer, please. I'm not really interested if my opinion makes you mad, it's my opinion, it's my democratic right to express this opinion. That's what makes you mad!

Back
Top Bottom