• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Huge Polling Swing Now "Virtually Guarantees" Election Outcome

COTO

Panthera Uncia
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
From CSNN:

Tuesday national polling data indicates an unprecedented swing in American voter sentiment, which many experts are now saying "virtually guarantees" the outcome of the 2020 Presidential race. Chris Jones, senior analyst with Jones-Farber Humanistics, explains: "We've never seen a trend this strong or sustained since we began collecting data in the 1970s. If the trend continues for even two more days, the chances of the other candidate winning the election drop to near-impossibility." Grant Riettman, professor of political science at Chamberlain University, offers a similar prognosis.

Officials from both parties were quick to respond to the news, alternately calling it "definitive" and "meaningless". Jeff Mendez of the American Voter Action League hailed the news as a "triumph of democracy", stating: "This trend confirms what we've known all along, and what we've been saying all along, that everyone who's been speaking out against our party, our mission, and the will of the American people is wrong, always has been wrong. Now the numbers are there to prove it." Editorials run by the Daily Beast and the Breitbart News Network likewise affirm the significance of the trend, giving the 2020 election an air of being concluded although ballots are still being cast.

Other polling firms and political scientists have warned that a measurable, if small, chance remains of party fortunes reversing in the coming days. ...​

Based on this data, it's not premature to say that the 2020 Presidential race is over.

Congrats, all you local nuts. Your guy won, fair and square. 👍

And my condolences to the other party.

You didn't say who was winning.

Looks like you mean Biden.

We don't want to leave any chance for Trump being re-elected.

The first point about Trump is Pence; the biggest factor in 2016 besides astrology.

The evangelical Pence managed to dominate the Resonant Mind, who would go with these Theocrats in an instant if I was not much more careful than 2016.

I say, "See here, these Christians are not fit to rule because they're not connected to reality."

Still they would serve a purpose and produce a result, but why, do I need that? Did Pence preach to Un?

Devastation is plentiful, I don't need it in the White House.

My White House is not a showcase for your Religion or morality.

And we want the Senate with the House so we can repeal the tax bill.

Otherwise we bleed until the midterms when we again ask the public, "Would you trust a Democratic President with both Houses of Congress?"

From CSNN:

Tuesday national polling data indicates an unprecedented swing in American voter sentiment, which many experts are now saying "virtually guarantees" the outcome of the 2020 Presidential race. Chris Jones, senior analyst with Jones-Farber Humanistics, explains: "We've never seen a trend this strong or sustained since we began collecting data in the 1970s. If the trend continues for even two more days, the chances of the other candidate winning the election drop to near-impossibility." Grant Riettman, professor of political science at Chamberlain University, offers a similar prognosis.​
...​
Officials from both parties were quick to respond to the news, alternately calling it "definitive" and "meaningless". Jeff Mendez of the American Voter Action League hailed the news as a "triumph of democracy", stating: "This trend confirms what we've known all along, and what we've been saying all along, that everyone who's been speaking out against our party, our mission, and the will of the American people is wrong, always has been wrong. Now the numbers are there to prove it." Editorials run by the Daily Beast and the Breitbart News Network likewise affirm the significance of the trend, giving the 2020 election an air of being concluded although ballots are still being cast.​
Other polling firms and political scientists have warned that a measurable, if small, chance remains of party fortunes reversing in the coming days. ...​

Based on this data, it's not premature to say that the 2020 Presidential race is over.

Your link is broken.

If there is one thing I have learned from being a poll judge, it isn't over until it is over.

Due to experience as a poll judge, I can almost guarantee you is that on Election Day, there will be a ton of robo-calls telling people not to bother to vote for one of two reasons:

First, because one candidate is SO far ahead that there is no chance for the other to catch up.

Second, they will lie and say the election had been called before the polls are closed.

This will happen in an effort to drive down the number of people going to the polls or to convince those is line to go home. The calls will come from the side whose candidate is trailing and they will use voter roll call lists to contact the voters of those who candidate is in the lead, NOT their own people. In one primary, I saw that happen from one local Democrat to another and the other three times were done by Republicans during the Maryland general election for governor. That is just Maryland, but am aware that it happens in just about every state.

So, if you get a call telling you one of those two things, don't listen to them, stay in line to vote if you haven't already. And call your local Board of Elections and if you have the number that called you, report it.

If there is one thing I have learned from being a poll judge, it isn't over until it is over.

Due to experience as a poll judge, I can almost guarantee you is that on Election Day, there will be a ton of robo-calls telling people not to bother to vote for one of two reasons:

First, because one candidate is SO far ahead that there is no chance for the other to catch up.

Second, they will lie and say the election had been called before the polls are closed.

This will happen in an effort to drive down the number of people going to the polls or to convince those is line to go home. The calls will come from the side whose candidate is trailing and they will use voter roll call lists to contact the voters of those who candidate is in the lead, NOT their own people. In one primary, I saw that happen from one local Democrat to another and the other three times were done by Republicans during the Maryland general election for governor. That is just Maryland, but am aware that it happens in just about every state.

So, if you get a call telling you one of those two things, don't listen to them, stay in line to vote if you haven't already. And call your local Board of Elections and if you have the number that called you, report it.
All the cheating is being done by the trumpublicans, from slowing down he mail, to invalidating people's votes, even if they're postmarked by election day.

The Dems have never done anything like that!

From CSNN:

Tuesday national polling data indicates an unprecedented swing in American voter sentiment, which many experts are now saying "virtually guarantees" the outcome of the 2020 Presidential race. Chris Jones, senior analyst with Jones-Farber Humanistics, explains: "We've never seen a trend this strong or sustained since we began collecting data in the 1970s. If the trend continues for even two more days, the chances of the other candidate winning the election drop to near-impossibility." Grant Riettman, professor of political science at Chamberlain University, offers a similar prognosis.​
...​
Officials from both parties were quick to respond to the news, alternately calling it "definitive" and "meaningless". Jeff Mendez of the American Voter Action League hailed the news as a "triumph of democracy", stating: "This trend confirms what we've known all along, and what we've been saying all along, that everyone who's been speaking out against our party, our mission, and the will of the American people is wrong, always has been wrong. Now the numbers are there to prove it." Editorials run by the Daily Beast and the Breitbart News Network likewise affirm the significance of the trend, giving the 2020 election an air of being concluded although ballots are still being cast.​

your link doesn’t work, the parent site linked doesn’t even exist and searching parts of the article get 0 results on google except for this forum post.

where did you get that article?

All the cheating is being done by the trumpublicans, from slowing down he mail, to invalidating people's votes, even if they're postmarked by election day.

The Dems have never done anything like that!
anyone want to tell him?

Ah. I appear to have made the satire too subtle. :oops:

Disclaimer: The OP is satire, written by me. The COTO Satirical News Network (CSNN) doesn't actually exist. The absurdity, of course, is that the article goes on and on about sure election victory without ever once mentioning which party is winning. I thought this would be more recognizable as satire.

Mea culpa. Please don't shoot me. 🙁

Ah. I appear to have made the satire too subtle. :oops:

Disclaimer: The OP is satire, written by me. The COTO Satirical News Network (CSNN) doesn't actually exist. The absurdity, of course, is that the article goes on and on about sure election victory without ever once mentioning which party is winning. I thought this would be more recognizable as satire.

Mea culpa. Please don't shoot me. 🙁

I got it. Nice job.

Marist (an A+ rated poll group on 538) has Biden up by 4-5 points in two polls. If that holds up and Biden wins Florida its over. Period.

I always knew INSERT CANIDATE HERE was going to come out on top. Leave it to INSERT POLITICAL PARTY HERE to sway the election like this with their underhanded, malicious tactics devised by INSERT CONTROVERSIAL POLITICAL FIGURE HERE.

It guaranteed, guys. One of the candidates is gonna win. Suck it, losers.

I do think the entire Trumpian phenomenon will result in much debate and many books in the coming years. Not sure what historians decades from now will think. I for one have never EVER seen so many members of the incumbent's own party and even former members of his own administration working on concert with the opponent to defeat him and I am old as dirt!

Some will look at these last two weeks as Donnie putting the final nail in his own coffin. I happen to think that Donnie's multiple malignant pathologies literally foretold where Donnie would be at this point in the campaign......busted, having drawn to him the same sort of cutthroat charlatans that he is himself, they raped his campaign war chest making dumb mistakes and taking their cuts in the process. Utterly incapable of helping himself, he continues to insult and debase his own supporters and attracts nobody outside of his base to him. Finally the utter folly of treating COVID like a political event as opposed to the public health crisis that it was was the coup d'grace. Jared cheering him on did not help as Jared is as corrupted, rotted and debauched as Donald and so is Princess Ivanka

No question that losing Florida would sink any hope Donnie thinks he has.

It guaranteed, guys. One of the candidates is gonna win. Suck it, losers.

Unfortunately, even THAT is not a guarantee. Under certain scenarios the electoral college vote could be a 269/269 tie. There is an even number of electoral votes available to win. Someone would eventually win, but it would be a huge mess.

I always knew INSERT CANIDATE HERE was going to come out on top. Leave it to INSERT POLITICAL PARTY HERE to sway the election like this with their underhanded, malicious tactics devised by INSERT CONTROVERSIAL POLITICAL FIGURE HERE.
😅

We could really use form-fillable versions of these DP boilerplates. Imagine the time people would save by just filling in the blanks.

Some will look at these last two weeks as Donnie putting the final nail in his own coffin. I happen to think that Donnie's multiple malignant pathologies literally foretold where Donnie would be at this point in the campaign......busted, having drawn to him the same sort of cutthroat charlatans that he is himself, they raped his campaign war chest making dumb mistakes and taking their cuts in the process. Utterly incapable of helping himself, he continues to insult and debase his own supporters and attracts nobody outside of his base to him. Finally the utter folly of treating COVID like a political event as opposed to the public health crisis that it was was the coup d'grace. Jared cheering him on did not help as Jared is as corrupted, rotted and debauched as Donald and so is Princess Ivanka
Just... supposing... he is reelected, would you make any changes as to how to view the election in 2024?

Back
Top Bottom