• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How To Talk To Anti Gun People

What would "prove the SD value of a gun" to you? Is a single example sufficient, or is there some other quantifiable requirement?
There is no correlation between crime rates and gun ownership that data can support
There is also no data that shows how guns have saved lives when interacting with criminals
I’m just pointing out the lack of qualified data
Carrying or having a gun for self defense is an act of faith that I agree with
I’ve carried concealed daily for 18 years
I can’t prove that it will help, but I know that if I need it, I’ll have it
I carry more for my family than myself
Anti folks just don’t seem to worry about protecting themselves or loved ones

There is no correlation between crime rates and gun ownership that data can support
There is also no data that shows how guns have saved lives when interacting with criminals
I provided the data supporting defense gun use.

What does this have to do with the existence of "the SD value of a gun"?

Just so I'm inferring the correct understanding here, you're claiming that no such data could possibly exist that would indicate any correlation between crime rates and gun ownership, at any level? Are you limiting this to positive correlation?

Doesn't a single anecdote of someone using a gun to protect themselves from a violent criminal disprove this universal claim?
Define "qualified data".
Okay.

What does this have to do with the existence of "the SD value of a gun"?

Just so I'm inferring the correct understanding here, you're claiming that no such data could possibly exist that would indicate any correlation between crime rates and gun ownership, at any level? Are you limiting this to positive correlation?

Doesn't a single anecdote of someone using a gun to protect themselves from a violent criminal disprove this universal claim?

Define "qualified data".

Okay.
What a waste or ****ing time
Stupid post devoid of logic and common sense
Don’t bother me again with this childish shit

Horseshit
Quotes and biased data mean nothing
I linked to the data.. and provided you quotes of the results of that data.
You are free to provide your critique of why you conclude the data is biased.

Do you have anything to actually add?

Some of us are sick of gun culture and are smart enough to know how criminals get guns, (straw purchases.) We think it's ridiculous to buy a gun, to protect yourself from the guns criminals get from you in the first place. You create this little war and enjoy playing the character.

I don't. I'd just get rid of the guns. Therefore I'd get rid of the need for one.

Shit happens occasionally, but in America, we create a bigger problem, and we could fix it but we have this 2nd Amd that will guarantee you an excuse to not fix it.

Death and fear from our high gun ownership seem worth it to the majority in this country. Therefore the best one can hope for is some gun legislation to cut down the gun death totals.

I don't think the police need guns either.

I watch those militias and know that if they practice that much, and have all the gear they will "start" an "opportunity" to use it eventually. Hence Jan.6th. There will be more of this, I'm sure.
The statement on his T Shirt says enough. Americans think drawing blood and a person's last breath is necessary for protection. It's not.

So no, this guy in the video doesn't convince me of anything.

I've used that before, in the USA, the police would've shot that man dead in a heart beat.

Back
Top Bottom