• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to get Trump Re-elected

Good4Nothin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I think it would be pretty easy. Just continue making him look like a persecuted hero. Investigate, investigate, investigate, and make sure you come up with nothing.

And don't forget to slam religion whenever you get a chance. That will motivate the religious right.

So I think you Democrats won't have a problem getting a second term for Trump, if that's what you really want.

I think it would be pretty easy. Just continue making him look like a persecuted hero. Investigate, investigate, investigate, and make sure you come up with nothing.

And don't forget to slam religion whenever you get a chance. That will motivate the religious right.

So I think you Democrats won't have a problem getting a second term for Trump, if that's what you really want.

Can't say you don't live up to your username. :peace

As a user who multiple times failed to live up to their user name, you would be an expert in that subject

Trump has a problem in that he has lost a lot of support he once had from independents. It's independents that put Trump into the White House to begin with. They went to Trump 46-42 over Hillary with 12% voting third party. That 12% voted against both Hillary and Trump. Unless the Democrats come up with another Hillary Clinton type candidate, those 12% who voted against both are liable to vote for the Democratic nominee. In 2016, 57% of independents disliked Trump, but 70% disliked Hillary leading to Trump winning the least wanted to lose vote. Questions 10 and 11.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

How likely is it the Democrats nominate someone more disliked by independents than Trump as what happened in 2016? You have to remember 54% of independents voted against Trump in 2016. 42% for Hillary and the 12% for third party candidates. Without Hillary on the ballot in 2020, I do think Trump will have a very hard time gaining reelection and winning independents once again.

But then who knows? The Democrats managed to nominate about the only Democrat, alive or dead that could possibly lose to Trump in 2016. They very well could repeat that again in 2020. You see, the democrats haven't learn a vital lesson. Candidates matter.

You forget that it is the Independents who put Trump in the White House. The same independents he has pissed off with his childish actions, shutdown, and lies.

We already know there are Trumpbots out there who would re-elect Trump even if he raped an underage girl. Thankfully they are of the minority and can go to hell.

Trump has a problem in that he has lost a lot of support he once had from independents. It's independents that put Trump into the White House to begin with. They went to Trump 46-42 over Hillary with 12% voting third party. That 12% voted against both Hillary and Trump. Unless the Democrats come up with another Hillary Clinton type candidate, those 12% who voted against both are liable to vote for the Democratic nominee. In 2016, 57% of independents disliked Trump, but 70% disliked Hillary leading to Trump winning the least wanted to lose vote. Questions 10 and 11.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

How likely is it the Democrats nominate someone more disliked by independents than Trump as what happened in 2016? You have to remember 54% of independents voted against Trump in 2016. 42% for Hillary and the 12% for third party candidates. Without Hillary on the ballot in 2020, I do think Trump will have a very hard time gaining reelection and winning independents once again.

But then who knows? The Democrats managed to nominate about the only Democrat, alive or dead that could possibly lose to Trump in 2016. They very well could repeat that again in 2020. You see, the democrats haven't learn a vital lesson. Candidates matter.

They could have found a dead cat and dressed it up, and it would have done better than Hillary. (BTW, my Democrat friends say Hillary was hated because she is a strong woman. I told them no, it's because she is a strong hate-able woman).

The other way is to think that your opinion as a keyboard warrior matters. It's doesn't. I remember how the left hated Ronald Reagan, OMG. And he ended his term as one of the nations most revered presidents. Most people have tuned out the haters. It's just been too much too long.

Trump will win on the economy. The left is dour now and they are going to run their equivalent of a "Bob Dole", or in their case someone they hope to use to put ideas out into the public square to build momentum for 2024. The economy is going to keep improving unless something stops it. The best the House can do is fiddle with some regulations to try to stall it, but those can be swiftly challenged and create bad publicity.

Personally, I hope the democrats will surrender and fix the things the US needs fixed.

Particularly infrastructure. Environmental reg's have to be put aside and/or streamlined to get anything done. Obama admitted that "There are no shovel-ready jobs". Trump as a construction guy, knows this. The only way to get infrastructure done is slash the BS and get going. Most is repairing old stuff. Why do you need and environmental review for that?

Today, environmental regulations are used as a weapon. In California public works projects are getting their Envrio-reg's waived to get things done. (mass transit, stadiums, freeway alterations, etc.) that everyone else has to live with. WTF? Yeah, they get it. They can't build either unless they set aside the reg's.

Typical one-trick pony with blinders on crapping threads like a middle schooler popping off in class.

Last edited:

Persecuted hero?

Hoo boy.

You're making the office of the president of the United States sound like a pity lay.

As a user who multiple times failed to live up to their user name, you would be an expert in that subject

At least my username is not a fictional character. It's been against one this whole time!

Persecuted hero?

Hoo boy.

You're making the office of the president of the United States sound like a pity lay.

It's you progressives who are created the image.

Economist/YouGov???

LOL!!

Dismissed.

The investigations make him look like an incompetent criminal, since six of his close advisors have been indicted and counting.

The best way to get Trump reelected would be to run Hillary against him again.

The investigations make him look like an incompetent criminal, since six of his close advisors have been indicted and counting.

The best way to get Trump reelected would be to run Hillary against him again.

:2razz:

At least my username is not a fictional character. It's been against one this whole time!

Sure it is. Your user name was ModerateGOP when you were neither moderate or GOP and now its NeverTrump when you are so obsessed with Trump that most of your posts are about him.

Yes mine is a fictional character but I picked my screen name 20 years ago and stuck with it :shrug:

Sure it is. Your user name was ModerateGOP when you were neither moderate or GOP and now its NeverTrump when you are so obsessed with Trump that most of your posts are about him.

Yes mine is a fictional character but I picked my screen name 20 years ago and stuck with it :shrug:

That's the fundamental difference between conservatives and progressives. Conservatives aren't open to change.

No rational adult actually thinks that Trump looks like a 'persecuted hero'.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

That's the fundamental difference between conservatives and progressives. Conservatives aren't open to change.

No. Since we already have everything figured out, why should we change?

Yes. Online polls are useless. Heck, they are worse than polls with bogus sampling numbers.

Generally yes, but YouGov is recognized as a legit polling organization by all political organizations.

Generally yes, but YouGov is recognized as a legit polling organization by all political organizations.

YouGov is an online poll.

Back
Top Bottom