• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Many Gun Laws Did Obama Sign?

Perhaps you would try reading my posts as I outlined exactly which areas in which Obama is against the 2nd Amendment. I am not playing out this style of argument with you, you go look at the thread, I am not rearguing the same thing over and over with you because you are being willfully ignorant of earlier posts and arguments.

A perfect example of cognitive dissonance. Ignore or deny any information that conflicts with existing beliefs~~wiki

You can't prove anything.

You lose.

Can you imagine what the world calls a person who asks them to prove a negative? Great because it applies to you.

A perfect example of cognitive dissonance. Ignore or deny any information that conflicts with existing beliefs~~wiki

cognitive dissonance is not ignoring or denying........it is an inability to process the information.........as if the brain short circuits but differs from Senior Moment and Brain Fart

How about you not play this game where you ran away from arguments previously and now act like they did not occur. Peruse the thread with the search for my posts. I already outlined them. I will not continue to do so because you refuse to find them and read them. This thread isn't even that large.

Posts 118, 157, 174 (ttwt78640), 183 (Reverend HellHound), 184, 205 (Crimefree), 207 (Jaeger19), and that's enough I would think.

You have tried to now move the goalposts to state Obama should be trying to repeal the 2nd or he is pro 2nd Amendment. That is a false argument and you know the burden of proof on that is impossible. Incremental change is always the goal because they know their end plan would lose elections.

Isn't it past time you quit ignoring other arguments made in the thread?

Once again - there is nothing in any of those links that shows what anti gun legislation that Obama has passed. I read every listed post, and not a'one was a bill that Obama has passed.

You guys can't do it.

Once again - there is nothing in any of those links that shows what anti gun legislation that Obama has passed. I read every listed post, and not a'one was a bill that Obama has passed.

You guys can't do it.

Could it possibly mean the answer is zero?

If not..........Please list the ones he did.........

Could it possibly mean the answer is zero?

If not..........Please list the ones he did.........

Sure the answer is zero. They can't back up a damned thing they say, nor can they define "anti-gun". All they have is BS.

I'm going for ice cream.

Sure the answer is zero. They can't back up a damned thing they say, nor can they define "anti-gun". All they have is BS.

I'm going for ice cream.

Me too............I'll buy

I'm going for ice cream.

its dishonest for gun banners to make the following insinuation

"because Obama did not sign any gun control legislation, that proves he is not anti gun"

that is the claim you all are trying to float

its dishonest because the congress never sent him any substantive gun control bills

so no matter what his INTENT is-he never had an opportunity

the Dem majority knew sending him a gun control bill would kill then in the mid term elections

they didn't want it being used against them in 2012. and in 2014 they were out of power in the senate

so we look at OTHER indications of his intent

and USING HIS COMMENTS AND HIS executive actions and NOMINATIONS its obvious he is ANTI GUN RIGHTS

and what is great is the gun restrictionists won't rebut this so it stands as TRUE

You guys can't do it.

That isn't the point of the thread. The point of the thread is that Obama is somehow pro-2nd Amendment BECAUSE he has not signed legislation. The burden isn't passing the legislation, the burden is proving he is anti-2nd by showing intent and willingness to sign such legislation if presented to him.

You have proven that he has not signed such legislation. We have proven that he would if it were presented to him, by previous statements, legislative support in both the Whitehouse, as a state senator in Illinois and as a US Senator.

You clinging to a portion of the argument and locking off the burden of proof is a stupid argument and ignorant of the facts.

Keep moving those goalposts, its worked so well in the past.

That isn't the point of the thread. The point of the thread is that Obama is somehow pro-2nd Amendment BECAUSE he has not signed legislation. The burden isn't passing the legislation, the burden is proving he is anti-2nd by showing intent and willingness to sign such legislation if presented to him.

You have proven that he has not signed such legislation. We have proven that he would if it were presented to him, by previous statements, legislative support in both the Whitehouse, as a state senator in Illinois and as a US Senator.

You clinging to a portion of the argument and locking off the burden of proof is a stupid argument and ignorant of the facts.

The Obama fan boys who pretend he's not anti gun would have a legitimate argument if OBAMA had vetoed say an Assault weapon ban presented to him when his party controlled congress. Guess what, the Democrats were too afraid of getting their asses handed to them to push for a gun ban even after all the mileage the crocodile tear- crying frauds made of Sandy Hook

cognitive dissonance is not ignoring or denying........it is an inability to process the information.........as if the brain short circuits but differs from Senior Moment and Brain Fart

It is an unwillingness to process resulting in rejection.

Take it up with wiki the attribute and citation are clearly stated. You are aware wiki is open source and can be corrected.

Dissonance is felt when people are confronted with information that is inconsistent with their beliefs. If the dissonance is not reduced by changing one's belief, the dissonance can result in restoring consonance through misperception, rejection or refutation of the information, seeking support from others who share the beliefs, and attempting to persuade others
~~Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

You guys can't do it.

Who said there was. It was claimed that your asinine assertion Obama was not a gun control supporter is utter crap ad it is. You have not refuted that statement nor have you shown Obama was anything other than a rabid gun grabber, You have offered not one shred of evidence to support a claim that Obama's intents were anything other than to support gun control. The fact is you are impotent to support your own claims and have done nothing but avoid the facts in an absolutely disgusting display of arrogance, dishonesty and outright provocation of anger..

The point of the thread is absolutely correct, and not a'one of you pro gun guys has been able to prove it wrong.

That's the point as well.

The point of the thread is absolutely correct, and not a'one of you pro gun guys has been able to prove it wrong.

At least youre consistent, you are incapable of a logical argument; only arguments based in fallacies. Three threads now?

At least youre consistent, you are incapable of a logical argument; only arguments based in fallacies. Three threads now?

You're not listening, but instead, like a politician pushing useless rhetoric, you're avoiding the question to blather on about what YOU want the subject to be.

The subject: president Obama has not signed ONE anti-gun bill in the entirety of his executive tenure.

THAT'S what you're avoiding, because you guys don't want to admit it.

You're not listening, but instead, like a politician pushing useless rhetoric, you're avoiding the question to blather on about what YOU want the subject to be.

The subject: president Obama has not signed ONE anti-gun bill in the entirety of his executive tenure.

THAT'S what you're avoiding, because you guys don't want to admit it.

Rebuttal: not signing such legislation does NOT make him pro-2nd amendment. Which is the other half of the argument which you have failed to address. Which we have addressed repeatedly. But you have ignored since it takes a wrecking ball to your argument. Because your point is destroyed you continually try to limit the argument pretending that the point is proven by not signing legislation never given.

You do not get points for opportunities not presented much the same as you do not get interest for money not deposited. There is nothing to admit, you are making a logically false argument.

Rebuttal: not signing such legislation does NOT make him pro-2nd amendment. Which is the other half of the argument which you have failed to address. Which we have addressed repeatedly. But you have ignored since it takes a wrecking ball to your argument. Because your point is destroyed you continually try to limit the argument pretending that the point is proven by not signing legislation never given.

You do not get points for opportunities not presented much the same as you do not get interest for money not deposited. There is nothing to admit, you are making a logically false argument.

MY point was: a president he's never signed anything anti-gun dude. That's all I said and I'm exactly right. That other BS you guys have been tryin to shovel has ZERO to do with that fact.

That's it - end of story.

MY point was: a president he's never signed anything anti-gun dude. That's all I said and I'm exactly right. That other BS you guys have been tryin to shovel has ZERO to do with that fact.

You do not prove he is pro 2nd amendment with JUST that point. There is other evidence to be considered. The greater question remains: is he pro-2nd amendment? The answer is, no, he is not.

and no one has denied that Obama did not sign gun control laws. The dishonesty comes from the insinuation that Obama is not anti gun. THE ONLY REASON HE SIGNED NO GUN CONTROL LAWS IS THAT CONGRESS NEVER PRESENTED HIM WITH ANY SUCH LAWS

Who said there was? It was claimed that your asinine assertion Obama was not a gun control supporter is utter crap and it is. You have not refuted that statement nor have you shown Obama was anything other than a rabid gun grabber, You have offered not one shred of evidence to support a claim that Obama's intents were anything other than to support gun control. The fact is you are impotent to support your own claims and have done nothing but avoid the facts in an absolutely disgusting display of arrogance, dishonesty and outright provocation of anger..

The fact Obama is a gun grabber has not been disputed. It is a fact you cannot deny. Nor can you show he refused to sign any gun control legislation. That is a fact you have not disputed and shows Obama is a rabid gun grabber.

Last edited:
The only thing that stopped Obama from taking more aggressive legislation on gun rights is that eight foot hurdle called the USSC.

The only thing that stopped Obama from taking more aggressive legislation on gun rights is that eight foot hurdle called the USSC.

He is trying to pave that way for his successor. It is really stupid of citizens to think the governments courts will protect them from government

I think its actually something else-

the timidity of the Democrat majority -when it existed-to subject itself to the sort of reaping that happened in 1994 when Clinton's idiotic gun ban caused massive Democrat losses. once the GOP controlled one of the houses, there was no real chance the infection of gun banning would manifest itself legislatively.

I think its actually something else-

the timidity of the Democrat majority -when it existed-to subject itself to the sort of reaping that happened in 1994 when Clinton's idiotic gun ban caused massive Democrat losses. once the GOP controlled one of the houses, there was no real chance the infection of gun banning would manifest itself legislatively.

While the proposed ban was riding a high, 80% support from the public government was right behind it as this showed very little fall out from a ban However there was no legislation in the wings and messing about for a year allowed normal momentum to die despite every effort of gun control to keep it a hot topic of discussion. Without support no government would touch it. That is all there is to it public support. Politics is not difficult or complicated. It is always about POWER. Power is the only currency of politics.

It is about time firearm owners learnt to play this game and win. The rules are not what they want it to be but what works and a win is not possible without public support. For once I would love to see firearm owners fighting smart and going after ensuring a majority public support.

Back
Top Bottom