• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How long until the next high profile mass shooting (don't count the daily ones)?

I'm hoping this thread goes at least 2 months before we hear about the next one. Way too many lately.
It's good to be optimistic. Unfortunately, I'd bet you are incorrect.

Why? They're not doing anything.

Then you're not watching.

President Biden just signaled an end to America's longest war
He's announced new higher taxes for the rich
Ended the Keystone pipeline
Restored environmental protection (Alaska drilling halted etc)
Announced a date (May 1st) when everyone will be vaccinated against COVID - and then brought the date forward
Rejoined the Paris Climate Control
Already signed more Executive Actions (48) than any of the last three presidents

Not a day wasted on the golf course in sight

You want do nothing? - how about a day in the life of president Trump watching hours of TV in "executive time" and sitting tweeting and re-tweeting ad infinitum.

Then you're not watching.

President Biden just signaled an end to America's longest war
He's announced new higher taxes for the rich
Ended the Keystone pipeline
Restored environmental protection (Alaska drilling halted etc)
Announced a date (May 1st) when everyone will be vaccinated against COVID - and then brought the date forward
Rejoined the Paris Climate Control
Already signed more Executive Actions (48) than any of the last three presidents

Not a day wasted on the golf course in sight

You want do nothing? - how about a day in the life of president Trump watching hours of TV in "executive time" and sitting tweeting and re-tweeting ad infinitum.

We're talking about gun control.

But if he said everyone will be vaccinated against Covid-19 by May 1, well that's a big a doozy as his lies about gun control.

We're talking about gun control.

But if he said everyone will be vaccinated against Covid-19 by May 1, well that's a big a doozy as his lies about gun control.

No, Biden has not done anything yet on gun control, but you'd be wrong to say "they're not doing anything".

THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS...

2 DAYS

So much for the infinitesimal odds of being caught up in a mass shooting, that the gun lobby likes to preach to us....
if there is a mass shooting of 8 people every day in a year that is still less than 3500 a year. out of what 350 million. do the math

if there is a mass shooting of 8 people every day in a year that is still less than 3500 a year. out of what 350 million. do the math

Nothing to be worried about then...

Except for those caught up in the Indianapolis shooting...there was a 100% chance of being shot for them.

So much for the infinitesimal odds of being caught up in a mass shooting, that the gun lobby likes to preach to us....
i've always been really interested in the opinions of people after their loved ones are gunned down. does their opinion change?

There's even a term for it. "Going Postal" is that common.

I don't know what definition CNN uses, but there are a lot of mass shootings.

EzGiEsrXIAsidm2

I don't know what definition CNN uses, but there are a lot of mass shootings.

Hardly any according to the gun lobby...in fact if you go right back to Cain killing Abel it's something like 0.000000000000000001% of all murders.

I'm hoping this thread goes at least 2 months before we hear about the next one. Way too many lately.
I agree about there being way too many, we need more good people to get and carry guns and to get proper training so they can be effective in stopping mass shootings before they happen.

I guess we're making up for the lost time, last year.

Mass shootings and police brutality. We're back to 2019, minus an insane president.

Me? No. I'm just little old Tlrmln. Democrats are in charge now.
Democrats aren't in charge. They hold a slight lead in the House but the Republicans hold a lead in the Senate. The House is voted on every two years whereas with the Senate its every six years. In less than two years we will vote for new members in the House and there could be a red wave.

Mass shootings and police brutality. We're back to 2019, minus an insane president.
we have a senile president and a low wattage vice president

Back
Top Bottom