• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How does anyone who joins Obamacare know that their insurer will not abandon them

Stone

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
like so many insurers have already abandoned their customers?

Answer, they do not................

PS When their insurer does drop out, they will BEG for Trump care

When an insurer leaves the market they send a notification to their customers.

Describe the difference between Obamacare and Trumpcare, if you can.

Yeah, I've been dumped twice now...come April I can get Medicare, thank goodness, and be done with this nonsense...

I don't know how to break this to you, but if you live on most of this planet, you live an "at will" life for the most part. Until recently your health insurance carrier could drop you for any one of those pesky little reasons in the fine print. It was done all the time. It is done by every type of insurer and most employers. Hell, you can even be dropped by the wife and kids. Life has never been fair and Obamacare had nothing to do with that rule. My suggestions? Be prepared, execute well, and learn how to read a contract or pay someone to do it for you because every thing you sign up for has one. Even this site.

I don't know how to break this to you, but if you live on most of this planet, you live an "at will" life for the most part. Until recently your health insurance carrier could drop you for any one of those pesky little reasons in the fine print. It was done all the time. It is done by every type of insurer and most employers. Hell, you can even be dropped by the wife and kids. Life has never been fair and Obamacare had nothing to do with that rule. My suggestions? Be prepared, execute well, and learn how to read a contract or pay someone to do it for you because every thing you sign up for has one. Even this site.

Yeah, the only difference is the blankety blank red tape the O Care puts you through each and every year of proof of income...that I am looking forward to living without...

Describe the difference between Obamacare and Trumpcare, if you can.

Their is no Trumpcare as of yet, because the GOP is going to make the public BEG for it...................

and they will

Yeah, the only difference is the blankety blank red tape the O Care puts you through each and every year of proof of income...that I am looking forward to living without...

In my life, I have only had to be self insured for two years. Tried to get insurance but with my wife's history, I was just about laughed at. Other than that we've had employer sponsored insurance since 79. As a note, my company was just bought last week. The investment group sold us to a large family held corp. Our plan is pretty decent and they stayed with BCBS and premiums stayed relatively unchanged for the third year in a row. Makes it kind of hard for me to accept others rocking my boat for me and telling me it's for my own good.

So the difference with Obamacare is that insurers no longer drop individuals, they drop EVERYBODY..............

This is progress?????????????????????????????

LOL

Their is no Trumpcare as of yet, because the GOP is going to make the public BEG for it...................

and they will

How about at least a plan? It's been 8 years of promise. Anything?

That is a painful truth. And the what's really obscene is that they can dump you, and you have to pay more than you can afford to take them to court if they dumped under false pretenses. You may go broke and then die trying to do that. It would probably be better for you family if you just died and didn't do the "go broke" part.

"At will" basically means either party can walk away at any time.

So the difference with Obamacare is that insurers no longer drop individuals, they drop EVERYBODY..............

LOL

Why exactly are you laughing? Allstate left California after the Loma Prieta Earthquake and State Farm left Louisiana after Katrina. (I could have those reversed) Insurers have a history of taking their ball and going home whenever they don't like the condition of the field.

LOL

Okay. You liked the system where insurers drop only the people that make claims, not the ones that just pay and pay and pay. Just like auto insurance.

What's the point of insurance again?

I've been dropped by two, over very poor reasons, and it took more then a little time to find one with a workable premium.

I could still do without the death panel though.

Maybe you're forgetting what TrumpCare would've done.

Here's a refresher:

CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 14 million more people would be uninsured under H.R. 1628 than under current law. The increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number projected under current law would reach 19 million in 2020 and 23 million in 2026. In 2026, an estimated 51 million people under age 65 would be uninsured, compared with 28 million who would lack insurance that year under current law.
Community-rated premiums would rise over time, and people who are less healthy (including those with preexisting or newly acquired medical conditions) would ultimately be unable to purchase comprehensive nongroup health insurance at premiums comparable to those under current law, if they could purchase it at all—despite the additional funding that would be available under H.R. 1628 to help reduce premiums. As a result, the nongroup markets in those states would become unstable for people with higher-than-average expected health care costs. That instability would cause some people who would have been insured in the nongroup market under current law to be uninsured.
Over time, it would become more difficult for less healthy people (including people with preexisting medical conditions) in those states to purchase insurance because their premiums would continue to increase rapidly.
People living in states modifying the EHBs who used services or benefits no longer included in the EHBs would experience substantial increases in out-of-pocket spending on health care or would choose to forgo the services.
Although the agencies expect that the legislation would increase the number of uninsured broadly, the increase would be disproportionately larger among older people with lower income—particularly people between 50 and 64 years old with income of less than 200 percent of the federal poverty level . . . For older people with lower income, net premiums would be much larger than under current law, on average
However, the agencies estimate that about one-sixth of the population resides in areas in which the nongroup market would start to become unstable beginning in 2020. That instability would result from market responses to decisions by some states to waive two provisions of federal law, as would be permitted under H.R. 1628.

No one was begging for this garbage when it went down in flames and no one ever will beg for it.

Back
Top Bottom