• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do you think the SCOTUS decision re abortion will impact the midterms....the General?

Lots of chatter on the other threads on the rightness/wrongness of the decision and arguments for/against abortion but not much on the political consequences. I am of the opinion that if....big if.... the Dems can nail the messaging on this it could shift the dynamics and make the midterms less of a bloodbath for the Dems. Maybe even result in the Dems holding on. I think that is especially true in the Senate where vulnerable Dems just became less vulnerable and some GOP Senate seats just got more vulnerable. I think it may play in down ticket too. This could be a huge get out the vote initiative......be interesting to watch.
Absolutely the democrats could not have hoped for a better gift. The republicans have overplayed their hand and they're going to pay for it in the midterms.

Quite an interesting comment given that the first things every republican candidate for any job has said for 40 years is that they are pro guns and anti abortion.

Given that this impending decision does not outlaw abortion, but merely punts it to the states, there will be no more important issue in the upcoming mid terms.

It's the economy. #1.

There are more important issues than state control of abortion laws.

Not every issue has the power to mobilize voters. This one does.

The Dems could capitalize on it if they weren't such ******s.

Republicans just committed suicide.

Back
Top Bottom