• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do you like Danish pastry? - With raisins or with small pieces of chocolate?

How do you like Danish pastry?

• with raisins

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • with small pieces of chocolate

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • both

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • neither

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Here in Germany there are two kinds of people: Some who love raisins and some who love with small pieces of chocolate in their pastry.
How about you?

When I think Danish pastry I think jam or custard, not raisins or chocolate. And I prefer strawberry. If the raisins and chocolate are in addition to that, then neither.

These pain aux raising or raisin Danish pastry spirals use the classic Danish pastry dough filled with pastry cream and rum-soaked raisins. The laminated dough results in a rich, buttery, tender yet flaky pastry.

I'm a chocolate lover so.....

(not that I wouldn't scarf down the one with raisins)

I'm a chocolate lover so.....

Slightly Rich Chocolate Danish Pastries​

Thanks for this, now I will have to run down to the pastry shop and purchase some of this wonderful stuff. lol

I like my Danish pastry right from the American bakery in town. They have a sign that says "we use bleached white bro-mated flour. We are not responsible for your health"

History

The origin of the Danish pastry is often ascribed to a strike amongst bakery workers in Denmark in 1850. The strike caused bakery owners to hire workers from abroad, among them several Austrian bakers, who brought along new baking traditions and pastry recipes. The Austrian pastry of Plundergebäck soon became popular in Denmark and after the labour disputes ended, Danish bakers adopted the Austrian recipes, adjusting them to their own liking and traditions by increasing the amount of egg and fat for example. This development resulted in what is now known as the Danish pastry.

I think there may be a difference in German danish and American danish. Chocolate and raisins must be European. Most danish here if filled with custards and jellies and jams.

I think there may be a difference in German danish and American danish. Chocolate and raisins must be European. Most danish here if filled with custards and jellies and jams.
In Germany Danish pastry often comes in the form of "Schnecken":

Schnecken are a type of sweet bun or roll of German origin. Today schnecken can be commonly found in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Israel, southern Brazil and the USA.

The name Schnecken means snails in German and refers to the shape of the pastry. The bun is still common in Germany and Austria (in some regions as Schneckennudel[1]), where the name is Schnecke (which is the German singular of Schnecken), and in other parts of northern Europe. They are more commonly known as escargots (snails) or pain au raisin in France. Popular variants are Nussschnecken (filled with nuts and often raisins as well), Mohnschnecken (with a poppyseed filling) and Zimtschnecken, which are quite similar to cinnamon rolls.

A Danish with raisins. If I want a chocolate pastry, there’s Pain au Chocolat. Jam or custard sound like donut fillings and I hardly ever eat those.

I like my Danish pastry right from the American bakery in town. They have a sign that says "we use bleached white bro-mated flour. We are not responsible for your health"
I prefer businesses that don’t proudly poison their customers.

Here in Germany there are two kinds of people: Some who love raisins and some who love with small pieces of chocolate in their pastry.
How about you?
Chocolate makes everything better 😋.

In Germany Danish pastry often comes in the form of "Schnecken":

YES! Those are American sticky buns! filled with sugary cinnamon and often nuts and raisins coated in a sugary sticky mess that rocks!

I prefer making a free choice to eat what I want.
No one’s stopping you from making stupid decisions. Unless of course the FDA comes to their senses and bans the carcinogenic potassium bromate, like it is in Canada and the EU.

I am going to suggest something different. Pine nuts. They go well with something like strudel providing a bit of sweet crunchiness to go with the soft texture of strudel.

And yes, I know strudel is not german but close enough.

I'd like a big 'warm' cinnamon roll with frosting, raisins, and chocolate chunks, drizzled with caramel. 😋

Back
Top Bottom