• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'How Did We Get Here?' A Call For An Evangelical Reckoning On Trump

They are usually more interested in religious conversion than effective support in the form of dollars or food. I was part of one of those Christian groups (St Vincent DePaul Society of the Catholic church), despite the fact that they knew that I was a Humanist, for years but I left when the religious aspect became so odious that I could not rationalize being part of it. The charity was previously meted out on the basis of need when we often built a coalition to assist us among the various local churches and aid groups, but the priest took over and made it very obvious that his goal was more parishioners and would turn away people in need who didn't come to mass or refused to convert because they were members of another church. About 2/3s of the members left with a 6-month period of him taking over.

Many Churches now move away from neighborhoods to areas that are not directly connected to a "community"... therefore, they don't have what existed before, which was a responsible sense unto the community. There are "empty churches" through out cities now... and new building being built in areas that are not in the heart of any particular community. Even buying and selling these mega structure as churches has become a profit model. Some Churches now have pastors who are multi-millionaires and some of their membership struggles to pay the rent or buy their kids school uniforms. There are some churches that ask their members to submit a copy of their income tax returns...
surely everyone read the story of the Pastor who told his congregation he needed a new jet plane.

Televangelist Jesse Duplantis Says He Needs $54 Million For A Private Jet Because ‘Demons’ Fly Commercial

Money-hungry preachers come in all shades. In 2015, you had Creflo Dollar who claimed he needed a $65 million private jet, which he disturbingly received. Now there is white Louisiana-based televangelist who is asking his followers to give him $54 million for his own personal plane Jesse Duplantis has several reasons why he needs a jet and one of them has to do with demons.
end quote

Back
Top Bottom