• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How did we ever survive without online shopping? (1 Viewer)

Third world gives you access to all the cheap products, when I was in afghanistan they were selling iphone models before they hit the states, except the ios because they employees would copy the hardware and sell them under names like myphone guy phone you phone etc. The downside being it had a modified android to work on iphone hardware, like I said those chinese needed access to the software to counterfeit it.

Another favorite was a knockoff of a general electric fridge made by the chinese and sold by the afghan locals, the brand name was admiral electric, clearly similar enough to let you know it was a knockoff but far off enough no one was going to do anything about it.

That's the first I've ever heard of a GE knockoff brand from China called Admiral Electric, but if I had to choose between the 2, I'd probably go with the 'AE' product, considering how crappy so many GE electronic devices have become(microwave ovens, etc)

It doesn't seem that long ago that I was laughing at what seemed like a ridiculous notion, of ordering common, everyday stuff online and having it mailed to you! It just seemed SO lazy, and it made me wonder if society was going to become a bunch of couch potatoes who never leave their houses, because literally every item you'd normally go to a store to buy, would be dropped off on your front porch! Is it any wonder why the regular people you see in the background in movies & tv from the 60s, 70s and 80s were generally skinny? Now, despite less saturated fat and more healthy menu items, society looks MUCH heavier on average?

:lol: OK dude. I'd rather get my exercise in other ways, than fighting crowds to shop. Walking (running, jogging) through the woods, going to the gym, playing with the kids in the park - anything is better than "getting exercise by fighting crowds."

I just hate shopping, online or otherwise. Spending money on things I dont need, makes me cry inside

That's the first I've ever heard of a GE knockoff brand from China called Admiral Electric, but if I had to choose between the 2, I'd probably go with the 'AE' product, considering how crappy so many GE electronic devices have become(microwave ovens, etc)

I actually googled that last night after I remembered that brand, and there is an admiral electric corporation by whirlpool, I am guessing they mashed the two together to make one name. Fyi many of those chinese brands are not internationally recognized brands and some are not even recognized in china, many of our items we would buy in the bazaar looked like someone pieced them together from whatever china's version of radioshack or fry's electronics was with a cheesy name thrown on it.

Edit: doubt you would want the chinese knock off product anyways, it worked but the name in english but the back panel was in chinese, the power cord was for 220v which looked like a dryer corder attatched with screws with a cheap olastic cover over the terminal. Reality is you get what you pay for in the counterfeit capitals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom