• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How can you explain the American GOP voting against limiting the price of insulin?

Unnecessary and irrelevant to the point I made. “The American government doesn’t have the authority to set prices for insulin”.

Regulating price and setting price are distinctly different processes.
The US government is saying (or attempting to say) "You cannot sell Insulin for more than _[fill in the blank]_.". That is NOT "setting" a price, that is "regulating" a price.

Since you don't appear to quite understand the difference between "regulating" and "setting", don't appear to understand what the US government is actually attempting to do, and persist in ignoring what the laws of the United States of America actually are, the odds on your being correct on this point are roughly equivalent to those of Mr. Trump being sworn in as the President of the United States of America on 04 JUL 22.
Again, a fact not in dispute.

The confusion is all yours.
See above.

The US government is saying (or attempting to say) "You cannot sell Insulin for more than _[fill in the blank]_.". That is NOT "setting" a price, that is "regulating" a price.
Good that you’re finally recognizing the difference.
Since you don't appear to quite understand the difference between "regulating" and "setting",
The only misunderstanding has been on your part. The record on that is clear.

Its called BIG PHARMA and lobbyists who line their pocket. But wait, the GOP is pro life!!! LOL.

I guess that I should take it as a compliment that you are "winning" the argument by claiming my position as your own and ascribing your own position to me.

You are all not seeing the big picture. The overpriced insulin is not the problem, it is the outcome of the big problem. The big problem is that unregulated capitalism always ends up in a monopoly situation that allows for overpriced insulin, or the gauging of people by the energy companies. I could go on, but the more you deregulate and the smaller the number of companies providing a product, the greater chance that the companies left in the market will collude to raise prices to the max. This is how a drug that has been on the market for over 50 years and cost pennies to produce can cost up to $400.00 a vial. I think we can all agree that it is not due to the cost of R&D.

I guess that I should take it as a compliment that you are "winning" the argument by claiming my position as your own and ascribing your own position to me.
Claim whatever makes you feel better.

The record of our comments is clear. ;)

You are all not seeing the big picture. The overpriced insulin is not the problem, it is the outcome of the big problem. The big problem is that unregulated capitalism always ends up in a monopoly situation that allows for overpriced insulin, or the gauging of people by the energy companies. I could go on, but the more you deregulate and the smaller the number of companies providing a product, the greater chance that the companies left in the market will collude to raise prices to the max. This is how a drug that has been on the market for over 50 years and cost pennies to produce can cost up to $400.00 a vial. I think we can all agree that it is not due to the cost of R&D.
I never lost sight of the problem. It isn’t about deregulation. On the contrary, the pharmaceutical industry is one of the most heavily regulated industries in the United States.

The problem is a mixture of monopolies, patent games, and long term out of control lobbying practices.

Big money and bought and paid for politicians

Who do you think wrote the regulations?

No rational person can deny that Republicans have been the defenders of the profits of the health care industry and big pharma for decades

easy peasy......they know their supporters have nothing on their minds but guns and homosexuals and the flag......they won't even notice......and when they do just blame it on Biden

Back
Top Bottom