• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How can Trump say he's doing his best to fight Covid-19?

THanks for the answer. You didnt explain why it didnt lead to more deaths. Because you cant...because it did.

It's fact...now history and continues today...he minimizes the virus and masks and social distancing and pushes to reopen everything.

That lie and lack of leadership, encouraging people to not to things to remain safe, led to thousands of unnecessary deaths. If you disagree with that, you'll have to explain it...because it's a fact. People who social distanced for months and didnt get sick....PROVING IT WORKED...got tired of it...it's hard, people werent working, etc. So when they attempted to slowly re-open, people just blatantly blew thru the new guidelines...

And at that point AGAIN, a moron more concerned about re-election than people's lives continued to minimize the danger and push for reopening...contradicting and berating medical professionals and pressuring them to change guidelines and their own recommendations FOR HIS BENEFIT.

Or are Americans just idiots? People in other countries believed their leaders and interestingly enough...all did better in terms of death rates. Our infection and death rates are the worst in the world, by far. Care to explain why those leaders could lead their countries without panic and The Donald failed miserably with the worst record on the globe?
Lursa,
Talk about a dog with a bone. You would've made a great interrogator for the police.
You would shut off the cameras and make everyone leave the room and then you would work on the guy who didn't agree with you. Pound him with accusations until he got tired of denying them. Anything you want him to say he'll say as long as you stop.
But, as the suspect in the interrogation, I would quietly ask:
How many deaths you want to hang on Trump for not alarming the people six months ago? 10,000?; 50,000? 100,000? Give me a number I can work with.

By the way, at the risk of being further pummeled, the U.S. is ninth on the list of countries with high death rates.
I know you can't accept that because you want Trump to be responsible for the highest death rate in the world.

You go on and on about stuff nobody's asking. I'm not asking for a critique of my post, just answers. What a waste of words.

Less words = visuals. Let's see the source for 9th in the world.

Please answer my questions first before asking more. Jeez...do you not understand how discussions work? :doh

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

If he made attendees at his rallies wear masks in order to adhere to the guidelines, what do you think would happen to the effectiveness of his rallies?
Of course, that is not the moral question to be asked. It is simply the reality of the situation.

His attendees would be safer, as well as their loved ones.

Trump does almost 100% of the talking. All what they need to do is cheer, and that can be done with a mask on.

If Trump is truly committed to stopping the spread, he would put aside his own ego for the sake of the country. But we know that's not going to happen.

There's no way spinning the fact that Trump values himself over human lives.

Back
Top Bottom