• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How bad a choice Hillary was

They are still sucking the oxygen out of the media atmosphere. We still have the "will Clinton run again?" storyline which won't die. But I actually hadn't heard from them for a few weeks so after I decided to start this thread I figured I should do a last minute search to see if they were still making news ... and sure enough ... Hillary in the news again today.

Folks say the media are in the Democrats' tank, but as long as they think it's a good idea to keep running Clinton stories they put the lie to the idea that they're interested in Democratic wins. They're just there for the story, and Clintons draw clicks.
How is this hurting America?

The more oxygen the Clintons suck out of the media atmosphere, the harder it will be for someone who might be able to beat Trump to start generating the press they need to carry them through the arduous process, and the more the Clintons fire up enthusiasm on the right to get to the polls.

You still seem not to grasp how bad Hillary had to be to lose to Donald Effing Trump. So I don't know what else to say to you.

There was nothing wrong with Hillary. As Secretary of State, she was voted the most popular politician in America. But once she declared her candidacy, the Fox News Propaganda machine (along with some help, apparently, from Russian intelligence services?) cranked up the **** pipe and doused her with it.

That will happen to whoever wants to run against the right. Even Santa would all of a sudden be rumored to be running a child pedopilia ring out of a pizza joint in DC or something. Whoever runs again them better put on their hazmat suit and be ready to be doused. That's American politics today for ya.

Please remember that HRC was someone the GOP had already been attacking and stigmatizing for 25 years when she ran against Trump. That alone made her a lousy choice. She had little if any grace or charisma so she couldn't excite the masses of indie voters she needed to win. She didn't even excite partisan Demos. She needs to go away. 2008 was her best shot and it didn't work out - Obama was more appealing. HRC needs to get out of the way and let the dems move on.

The more oxygen the Clintons suck out of the media atmosphere, the harder it will be for someone who might be able to beat Trump to start generating the press they need to carry them through the arduous process, and the more the Clintons fire up enthusiasm on the right to get to the polls.

You still seem not to grasp how bad Hillary had to be to lose to Donald Effing Trump. So I don't know what else to say to you.

There is nothing else you can say to me because you have shown nothing to say they are HURTING the country. I think the midterms have shown they had no s effect on the outcome.

If Hillary runs again, she will lose by an even larger margin than 2016.

I know that I won't bother voting if she wins the Democratic primary.

You are not listening...which is your problem to solve.

Your problem to solve is what have they done to HURT the country. They certainly had no negative effect on the outcome of the midterms.

Your problem to solve is what have they done to HURT the country. They certainly had no negative effect on the outcome of the midterms.

Her refusing to accept responsibility for her lose and trying to blame everyone or thing else is a bad example that hurts the nation.
Going from Love Trumps Hate to Never Compromise is hurting the nation.
Hillary downplaying the seriousness of her husabands poor behaviour encourages others to do the same and hurts our nation.

They are still sucking the oxygen out of the media atmosphere. We still have the "will Clinton run again?" storyline which won't die. But I actually hadn't heard from them for a few weeks so after I decided to start this thread I figured I should do a last minute search to see if they were still making news ... and sure enough ... Hillary in the news again today.

Folks say the media are in the Democrats' tank, but as long as they think it's a good idea to keep running Clinton stories they put the lie to the idea that they're interested in Democratic wins. They're just there for the story, and Clintons draw clicks.

Hate to break it to you, but the media is obsessed with Clinton.

My husband said he would never vote for Trump. Every month or two as the dramatic 2015-2016 general election season unfolded I would ask him again to make sure he was still never Trump. Sure enough. No way no how.

And then suddenly, he was absolutely going to vote for Trump because the alternative would be voting for Hillary and that left him no choice except Trump. He wouldn't go third party. He wouldn't stay home. He wouldn't vote Hillary. That left only Trump. Maybe he would have voted for the Democrat if Republicans still picked Trump and Democrats had anyone else other than Hillary.

That is why I want Hillary to go away and let the rest of the world move on. For the love of humanity, Secretary Clinton, get out of the way so Trump and the Trumpsters won't have you to use to fire up enthusiasm. ... and so we can come up with someone viable to beat him. Please do not turn the next general election into a Hillary circus. Let the new people, whoever they are, duke it out in the primary season and find a way to earn media attention for themselves as something other than the B story to your storyline.

Please.

Hillary's biggest problem was with independents. Independents, the non-affiliated voter really didn't like her. They didn't like Trump much either, but really disliked Hillary. Only 27% of independents had a favorable view of Hillary, 70% unfavorable. Meanwhile 40% of independents view Trump favorably, 57% unfavorably. Questions 10 and 11.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

This caused independents to vote for Trump, the lesser of two evils or the one independents least wanted to lose by a 46-42 margin over Hillary. 12% of all independents voted third party against both major party candidates.

It's not that the Democrats didn't have advance warning about Hillary Clinton either. Back in February of 2016 a poll showed 56% of all Americans, America as a whole wanted the Democrats to nominate someone other than Hillary Clinton. The Democrats ignored most of America, nominated Hillary anyway which was their absolutely right to do so. But by ignoring America as a whole and especially independents, Donald Trump is now president.

Hillary, like Trump brings out the strongest feeling from someone. It was either love or hate, either one with no middle ground. My advice to Democrats for 2020, nominate someone that appeals to independents, that doesn't turn them off or get them angry at you for whom you nominated. Do that, then you're home free. I guarantee you a win.

Your Dem leadership doesn't give a rat's ass what YOU want and your fellow rank and file Dems will take whomever they are given.

Kind of sucks to be a Dem, doesn't it?

That's funny since you guys chose the criminal, foul-mouth, cheating, non family value man like Trump. You have NO room to talk about ANYTHING con. :lamo

They lost the election to Donald Effing Trump. Not much more damage they could do than that ...

They need to do everything possible to give someone else a chance to make a fresh start to undo what they did. That means not taking the attention away from the Democrats who might be able to fix their mess.

Last edited:
Her refusing to accept responsibility for her lose and trying to blame everyone or thing else is a bad example that hurts the nation.
Going from Love Trumps Hate to Never Compromise is hurting the nation.
Hillary downplaying the seriousness of her husabands poor behaviour encourages others to do the same and hurts our nation.

You are living in the past. None of what you have said in any way currently hurts our nation.

Hate to break it to you, but the media is obsessed with Clinton.

Which makes the onus on the Clintons even greater to make moves to stop from doing more damage to the nation. They can't help it if the media looks for stories in spite of their best efforts to stay out of the headlines. But they could stop trying to make headlines. If they gave a damn about anyone but themselves.

If Hillary runs again, she will lose by an even larger margin than 2016.

I know that I won't bother voting if she wins the Democratic primary.

You mean she'll only get two million more votes?

They lost the election to Donald Effing Trump. Not much more damage they could do than that ...

Then need to do everything possible to give someone else a chance to make a fresh start to undo what they did. That means not taking the attention away from the Democrats who might be able to fix their mess.

And I am sure given the midterms the Dems are making strides toward fixing the mess that Trump has created. It is time to move on from the Clintons. As I said before they are done in politics.

You are living in the past. None of what you have said in any way currently hurts our nation.

Your are downplaying the harm the Clinton's are doing to our country. We will not agree on this issue.

Your are downplaying the harm the Clinton's are doing to our country. We will not agree on this issue.

Since no one has proven to me that they are hurting the country you are right. We agree to disagree.

Which makes the onus on the Clintons even greater to make moves to stop from doing more damage to the nation. They can't help it if the media looks for stories in spite of their best efforts to stay out of the headlines. But they could stop trying to make headlines. If they gave a damn about anyone but themselves.

I am sorry but I think the blame should be placed on the media for it’s obsessive reporting on the Clintons.

The political reporter jonathon Allen wrote an article in Vox describing how the media treats Hillary Clinton differently from other political candidates. Allen describes this different treatment as “the Clinton rules”

The Clinton rules are driven by reporters' and editors' desire to score the ultimate prize in contemporary journalism: the scoop that brings down Hillary Clinton and her family's political empire. At least in that way, Republicans and the media have a common interest.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw0f-ULyBVLkZnipHJykNtk-&ust=1545264848736869

Old habits die hard.

And I am sure given the midterms the Dems are making strides toward fixing the mess that Trump has created. It is time to move on from the Clintons. As I said before they are done in politics.

You're in denial. They're in denial. Let's hope the nation can survive you and them and Trump.

I am sorry but I think the blame should be placed on the media for it’s obsessive reporting on the Clintons.

That is part of it. But the Clintons have spent a substantial part of the last two years trying to create headlines, so it's not all on the media's obsession with them. They're still trying to take the spotlight.

Please list the influential positions the Clintons currently hold.

... And who else is in denial?

The Clintons.

*facepalm*

If you won't even bother to keep up with the topic of the thread, then this really is hopeless.

Goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom