• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Votes in Favor of Illegal Immigrant Voting

IIRC it started out as just school board elections. Now this.

First, Moonie Times isn't a mainstream media outlet.

Second, this is just Moonie Times garbage. Go head OP and tell us where it says in the bill that illegal immigrants can vote.

Oh wait at the end of the article they mentioned they can't. So really there's nothing here even with that lie.

Good job OP.

Second, this is just Moonie Times garbage. Go head OP and tell us where it says in the bill that illegal immigrants can vote.

Oh wait at the end of the article they mentioned they can't. So really there's nothing here even with that lie.

Good job OP.

You don't see it as the first step? Or you just think it's just harmless fun?

Do you have the text of the measure?

Were they doing anything substantially different than supporting municipalities who allow the aforementioned school board elections?

If you want us to get up in arms about them pushing for the undocumented to vote in federal elections, you need to provide some actual quotes to show that this outrage actually happened.

You don't see it as the first step? Or you just think it's just harmless fun?

I think Republicans are completely against making it easy for people to vote and Cocaine Mitch's refusal to even bring this to a vote is direct evidence of that.

Do you have the text of the measure?

Were they doing anything substantially different than supporting municipalities who allow the aforementioned school board elections?

If you want us to get up in arms about them pushing for the undocumented to vote in federal elections, you need to provide some actual quotes to show that this outrage actually happened.

I guess clicking on the link didn't suffice.......no I don't have the exact bill that the article referenced, handy.

I just figured it was enough to spark a discussion, it could be absolutely ado about nothing.....or it could not be, I just find it remarkable that they put that wording in there regardless of the law, as they would be the ones that would be able to change that law when/if they want to.

To me, it looks like a first step towards that direction.....which should warrant discussion.

I think Republicans are completely against making it easy for people to vote and Cocaine Mitch's refusal to even bring this to a vote is direct evidence of that.

So....just to clarify, you are completely ok with illegal immigrants voting in any election they want to?

I have not had any problems voting.
What I do object too is non citizens and or illegal aliens voting in our elections.

When you say "people" are you supporting of just anyone of age to be able to vote regardless of citizenship?

So....just to clarify, you are completely ok with illegal immigrants voting in any election they want to?

Address the topic of your thread. Show us the part of the bill you think says illegal immigrants should be allowed to vote.

I have not had any problems voting.

Republicans are so typical in their responses. You didn't have problems, ergo that means it's easy for everyone, right? Problems aren't real until you experience them firsthand.

There are a lot of issues with our voting system. Georgia and North Carolina are two examples of that.

What I do object too is non citizens and or illegal aliens voting in our elections.

What does that have to do with this bill?

Address the topic of your thread. Show us the part of the bill you think says illegal immigrants should be allowed to vote.

He won't because he can't because it's not true. We both know this.

He's simply parroting what he's been told to believe.

I asked you a question that is part of the article, why won't you answer it?

But here, "“We are prepared to open up the political process and let all of the people come in,” Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and hero of the civil rights movement, told colleagues as he led opposition to the GOP measure.

The 228-197 vote came as part of a broader debate on Democrats’ major legislative priority this year, HR 1, the “For the People Act,” which includes historic expansions of voter registration and access, as well as a major rewrite of campaign finance laws."

Direct quote from John Lewis.

Just to clarify, you are completely ok with over the top rabid right fearmongering.... :roll:

You don't want a discussion, you want fellow travelers to line up and rail against something so minor as local school boards...

First step??? This reminds me of those idiotic social conservatives who ranted if we allow gay marriage there would be the first step toward humans marrying farm animals... :doh

I'd be more worried about southern 'conservative' election officials trashing absentee ballots.... :peace

I guess clicking on the link didn't suffice.......no I don't have the exact bill that the article referenced, handy.

I just figured it was enough to spark a discussion, it could be absolutely ado about nothing.....or it could not be, I just find it remarkable that they put that wording in there regardless of the law, as they would be the ones that would be able to change that law when/if they want to.

To me, it looks like a first step towards that direction.....which should warrant discussion.

You don't have the wording but you find it remarkable that they put that wording in there.

Color me unimpressed and unoutraged. If the exact wording comes to light, I'm guessing there won't be any fire at all to justify the smoking headline.

Just to clarify, you are completely ok with over the top rabid right fearmongering.... :roll:

You don't want a discussion, you want fellow travelers to line up and rail against something so minor as local school boards...

First step??? This reminds me of those idiotic social conservatives who ranted if we allow gay marriage there would be the first step toward humans marrying farm animals... :doh

I'd be more worried about southern 'conservative' election officials trashing absentee ballots.... :peace

Thanks for telling me what I want,

Now....tell us why you think this is or is not a good idea?

Good job OP.

The moonie Times knows that the idiot goons that read their tripe won't make it very far past just the headlines... and of course share that headline on facebook. It's now their echo-chamber works.

You don't have the wording but you find it remarkable that they put that wording in there.

Color me unimpressed and unoutraged. If the exact wording comes to light, I'm guessing there won't be any fire at all to justify the smoking headline.

I assumed you wanted the exact bill, and the wording they used, when I said it was remarkable the wording was in there, I took the article at it's word and they summarized what was in there,

Seriously, this shouldn't be this hard,

And everyone wonders why politicis are rancid right now? Can't even ignite a discussion.....that's just sad.

I assumed you wanted the exact bill, and the wording they used, when I said it was remarkable the wording was in there, I took the article at it's word and they summarized what was in there,

Seriously, this shouldn't be this hard,

And everyone wonders why politicis are rancid right now? Can't even ignite a discussion.....that's just sad.

Tres got it for you seeing how you were too lazy to apparently.

So, sjmay... point out in that text what backs you up.

You might as well admit you are just cutting and pasting a lying story where you didn't make past the headline.

I asked you a question that is part of the article, why won't you answer it?

But here, "“We are prepared to open up the political process and let all of the people come in,” Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and hero of the civil rights movement, told colleagues as he led opposition to the GOP measure.

The 228-197 vote came as part of a broader debate on Democrats’ major legislative priority this year, HR 1, the “For the People Act,” which includes historic expansions of voter registration and access, as well as a major rewrite of campaign finance laws."

Direct quote from John Lewis.

You just quoted the article which says nothing. What does "open up the political process" mean? What does "let all of the people come in" actually mean? Moonie Times seems to think it means illegals, but I have yet to see any evidence of that. Why can't you quote the bill that shows where it says illegals should be allowed to vote?

Why are you quoting literal fake news if you hate fake news so much?

Tres got it for you seeing how you were too lazy to apparently.

So, sjmay... point out in that text what backs you up.

You might as well admit you are just cutting and pasting a lying story where you didn't make past the headline.

Nope, Tres nailed it, I got past the headline, figured it warranted a discussion, but yea, Tres nailed it and rightfully so,

But I appreciate you proving how everything political is just absolute rancid,

BTW is it possible to change the title etc, it would be interesting to see just what changes they made to the Campaign Finance Laws, apparently it they were massively rewritten.

You just quoted the article which says nothing. What does "open up the political process" mean? What does "let all of the people come in" actually mean? Moonie Times seems to think it means illegals, but I have yet to see any evidence of that. Why can't you quote the bill that shows where it says illegals should be allowed to vote?

Why are you quoting literal fake news if you hate fake news so much?

No idea, you would have to ask the man who said those things, John Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom