• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Republicans wrap their investigation into FBI's handling of Clinton and Russia probes

That (bolded above) is my point exactly. Comey simply assumed the role of the AG to allow Hillary to be cleared without Lynch making that decision or being forced to recuse herself.

Comey is an egotistical, narcissistic, grandstander, a very bad choice for Director FBI, who's historically not been the center of attention, but more so behind the scenes, and as it should be.

Considering the House will be all new and under different leaders the next time it convenes why is this a surprise? You know House committees and sub-committees aren't going to continue after Clinton.

Exactly correct. Any Democrat malfeasance of the previous administration and previous congress will be swept under the rug, as the House Dems 'fire the subpoena cannon', and to thwart Trump, 'by any means necessary', not because it would be bad for the country, but because it is a clear and present danger to their continued political power, and monopolization of the US federal government.

In fact, the 'firing of the subpoena cannon' is little more than a political tactic to give cover to all the democrat malfeasance they want to sweep under the rug, as is the Mueller Russian collusion investigation 'insurance policy'.

Last edited:
Since Comey was the acting AG it is perfectly OK for him to have decided that a case is or is not worthy of prosecution.

I recall Comey outlining all the crimes Hillary commited, BUT it was not her intent to do so. Geeee officer I know I ran that red light but I sure did not intend too. Have a nice day officer.

The Senate needs to pick up where the House left off and the President needs to declassify a few things for the sake of transparency.
Agreed.

That declassification of all the Comey / McCabe / Page / Strzok politically driven bias in the extreme embarrassment is Trump's leverage. I wonder how's and when he's going use it.

You folks really haven't been paying attention, have you?

The Senate has not been playing along with the Trump protection racket. That was the House. The best you've got now is Lindsey Graham and Rand Paul. No one else in the Senate is going to bow down to the naked orange emperor.

The GOP blew it's load in 207-18. Time's up.

I recall Comey outlining all the crimes Hillary commited, BUT it was not her intent to do so. Geeee officer I know I ran that red light but I sure did not intend too. Have a nice day officer.

You correctly identify the two tiered justice system that the Hillary email case exemplifies. A very bad precedent to have been set, in my view.

You folks really haven't been paying attention, have you?

The Senate has not been playing along with the Trump protection racket. That was the House. The best you've got now is Lindsey Graham and Rand Paul. No one else in the Senate is going to bow down to the naked orange emperor.

The GOP blew it's load in 207-18. Time's up.

You might be right in that, as I'm not holing my hopes up, as I posted #25

However, I'm rather surprised that you are so willing to accept clear criminality from a Democrat as well as a pure political ploy, the House subpoena cannon, to sweep all that under the rug.

I guess no crime is a problem for you when a Democrat commits it?
How is that not 'party over country' in the extreme?

Exactly correct. Any Democrat malfeasance of the previous administration and previous congress will be swept under the rug, as the House Dems 'fire the subpoena cannon', and to thwart Trump, 'by any means necessary', not because it would be bad for the country, but because it is a clear and present danger to their continued political power, and monopolization of the US federal government.

In fact, the 'firing of the subpoena cannon' is little more than a political tactic to give cover to all the democrat malfeasance they want to sweep under the rug, as is the Mueller Russian collusion investigation 'insurance policy'.
As I understand it, Senate or House can have cabinet officers testify any time the want - part of their oversight responsibility. Subpoenas would be a last resort.

As I understand it, Senate or House can have cabinet officers testify any time the want - part of their oversight responsibility. Subpoenas would be a last resort.

Hmm. Interesting thing I didn't know.

But if that's the case, why are the House Dems prepping to fire the politically motivated 'subpoena cannon'? Issuing subpoena en-mass?
Wouldn't a more reasonable and reasoned approach be to call cabinet officers to testify before their oversight committee?
(Oh wait. Democrats, right? They've been going nuts and lost their minds since 11/16, haven't they?)

Unless, of course, there's press value and public relations value in crowing about subpoenas, completely over and wrongly reported by the complicit, DNC propaganda arm AKA media.

God. DC is just so ****ed up. The nation may not survive DC's excessive ****ed up.

Hmm. Interesting thing I didn't know.

But if that's the case, why are the House Dems prepping to fire the politically motivated 'subpoena cannon'? Issuing subpoena en-mass?
You answered your own question - "politically motivated.

eohrnberger said:
Wouldn't a more reasonable and reasoned approach be to call cabinet officers to testify before their oversight committee?

(Oh wait. Democrats, right? They've been going nuts and lost their minds since 11/16, haven't they?)
Yep, you got it.
eohrnberger said:
Unless, of course, there's press value and public relations value in crowing about subpoenas, completely over and wrongly reported by the complicit, DNC propaganda arm AKA media.

God. DC is just so ****ed up. The nation may not survive DC's excessive ****ed up.
The more time these waste playing games and fighting political wars, the less time they have to concoct more idiotic laws and programs so maybe it's not all bad.

You answered your own question - "politically motivated.

Yep, you got it.
The more time these waste playing games and fighting political wars, the less time they have to concoct more idiotic laws and programs so maybe it's not all bad.

"The more time . . . " Fair. Besides, I'd fully expect the Senate to reject or table any idiotic legislation from the House.

But still, it seems to be me that we are really seeing a new low point in US federal executive branch politics in the last 3-4 years, and the future congressional politics isn't looking any better, and in fact looks worse.

The Senate needs to pick up where the House left off and the President needs to declassify a few things for the sake of transparency.

Hold on here a minute. I thought that the House Republicans had concluded their committee's investigation and issued their report. But now they're saying that they didn't finish? So that was just another lie?

"The more time . . . " Fair. Besides, I'd fully expect the Senate to reject or table any idiotic legislation from the House.

But still, it seems to be me that we are really seeing a new low point in US federal executive branch politics in the last 3-4 years, and the future congressional politics isn't looking any better, and in fact looks worse.
I'd go back further than 3-4 years. Even with all the crap flying around DC we have managed strong economic growth an expanding job market, resurgence in manufacturing.

I'd go back further than 3-4 years.

Fair.

The roots are probably further back, in fact, some are saying that the acceptance, and defense of, by Democrats, of Clinton's sexual predation was the start of that slippery slope of acceptable POTUS behavior. ****, the Dem's applauded him as he was impeached, for Christ's sake.

Even with all the crap flying around DC we have managed strong economic growth an expanding job market, resurgence in manufacturing.

The effect of flushing a lot of built up, bad, out of touch, DC envisioned and originated regulation on business, being flushed down the toilet where it properly belonged all along, it would appear.

How long before the Democrats and their Social Justice Warriors put it all back, and worse?

While it's not a case of coincidence proving coincidence or causality, it is interesting to note that with the conclusion of Dem's taking the House, that the Stock Market downturns and smaller bounce backs did occur. A foreshadowing of what might be in the future? Who knows?

Considering the House will be all new and under different leaders the next time it convenes why is this a surprise? You know House committees and sub-committees aren't going to continue after Clinton.

Freudian slip... "Continue after Clinton" is right. Lord knows they were going after the truth.

• Other than ..Clearly the sham investigation was FBI's investigation of Hillary in this case.

• The inspector general already investigated this and concluded nothing burger. Only tea-party morons are pushing this for their stupid-as-**** base.

The inspector general already investigated this and concluded nothing burger. Only tea-party morons are pushing this for their stupid-as-**** base.

Not quite.
  • The investigative decisions in the Clinton email case seemed to be made on the merits, the IG finds
  • Some FBI officials expressed anti-Trump opinions in private messages — and Horowitz finds Peter Strzok’s particularly concerning
  • The IG asks whether Strzok pursued the Trump-Russia probe more vigorously than new Clinton emails found on Anthony Weiner’s laptop due to political bias
  • Horowitz sharply criticizes Comey for deviating from policy and procedure in his statements about the Clinton case
4 key takeaways from the inspector general’s report on the FBI, Comey, and Clinton emails

On these 4 points alone make the IG's report far from a nothing burger, so much so that:
WASHINGTON — The FBI is determined to not repeat any of the mistakes identified in a harshly critical watchdog report on the handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation, Director Chris Wray said Monday at a congressional hearing.

Wray said the FBI accepts the findings of the Justice Department inspector general report and has begun making changes, including about how the FBI handles especially sensitive investigations. The bureau is also reinforcing for employees the need to avoid the appearance of political bias, a key point of criticism in last week’s report.

“We’re going to learn from the report and be better as a result,” Wray said.

The report blasted FBI actions during the 2016 investigation into whether Clinton, the Democratic presidential candidate, had mishandled classified information on her private email server when she was secretary of state.
Wray: FBI won’t repeat errors noted in watchdog report

"The report blasted FBI actions", yeah, a nothing burger. :roll:

Further, the disparity is clear, as called out by Grassley:
The Republican committee chairman, Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, drew a contrast between what he said were aggressive actions taken during special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into potential coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign and the “kid-glove treatment” that Grassley maintained had occurred during the Clinton investigation.
Wray: FBI won’t repeat errors noted in watchdog report

So, no, not a nothing burger, and yes, a significant disparity in treatment, so much so that its probably the most significant case of a two-tired justice system, when the principal is 'Equality Before The Law' has been discarded or ignored.

Equality before the law, also known as equality under the law, equality in the eyes of the law, legal equality, or legal egalitarianism, is the principle that each independent being must be treated equally by the law (principle of isonomy) and that all are subject to the same laws of justice (due process).[SUP][1][/SUP]
Equality before the law

So by your claiming or believing that the IG report is a nothing burger you are supporting a two tired justice system where there is no Equality Before The Law and are supporting the principal that 'some are more equal than others', a typically tyrannical, and dictatorial position, as exhibited in communist Russia.

I find this a rather odd position for an American to take, as Equality Before The Law is one of this nation's founding legal principals. You wish to forsake it?

And so the Republican investigations come to an end, with zero indictments and zero guilty pleas.

The Mueller investigation, meanwhile, has indicted so many people and gotten so many guilty pleas I've completely lost count.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_email_controversy

Like I said, nothing-berger.

Keep up the conspiracy theory nuttiness, it will end well.

Meh.

Sure, ignore all the rest of the IG's report. Ignore all the rest of the post's points and , latch onto the one statement which you have already decided to believe before the IG even finished his report.

The fact is that the Hillary email investigation and its discrepancies from similar high profile investigations is not in keeping with the principal of equal before the law, a founding principal, due to the 'deviating from policy and procedure', as the IG's report clearly states.

So, not so much a nothing burger. Do please try and keep up and tone down the partisan hackery and partisan blinders. It could only do you some good.

And so the Republican investigations come to an end, with zero indictments and zero guilty pleas.

The Mueller investigation, meanwhile, has indicted so many people and gotten so many guilty pleas I've completely lost count.

For nothing related to the 'Russian Collusion' counter intelligence investigation Mueller was tasked with.
“Show me the man, and I’ll show you the crime.”
- Lavrentiy Beria, head of Joseph Stalin’s secret police

Falls right in line with Democrat's and the left's propensity for 'presumed guilt' (of perceived political enemies).

For nothing related to the 'Russian Collusion' counter intelligence investigation Mueller was tasked with.

"The House began their investigation of Clinton over Benghazi but only found a private email account, so that investigation was clearly a bust."

-no Republican ever.

Also, the amount of collusion uncovered has been extensive.

"The House began their investigation of Clinton over Benghazi but only found a private email account, so that investigation was clearly a bust."

-no Republican ever.

Also, the amount of collusion uncovered has been extensive.

It wasn't just an email account, it was an entire private email server.
An email server found to have contained classified document, which should reside in controlled, secured systems, a criminal violation.
In addition, it was also found that evidence under subpoena was destroy, this is criminal obstruction.

Far more significant than the low level process crimes Mueller's investigation have framed on their subjects.

It wasn't just an email account, it was an entire private email server.

OMG A SERVER!

An email server found to have contained classified document, which should reside in controlled, secured systems, a criminal violation.
In addition, it was also found that evidence under subpoena was destroy, this is criminal obstruction.

Far more significant than the low level process crimes Mueller's investigation have framed on their subjects.

Uh huh. Welcome to what we're dealing with. As we're learning every day with Trump and his cohorts, proving criminal intent is a gigantic barrier to overcome. If it weren't, Trump would have gone down for OoJ the day he fired Comey.

OMG A SERVER!

Not just a server, a server that contained classified information, which is a serious felony.

Uh huh. Welcome to what we're dealing with. As we're learning every day with Trump and his cohorts, proving criminal intent is a gigantic barrier to overcome. If it weren't, Trump would have gone down for OoJ the day he fired Comey.

Yeah. Uh huh. No court level evidence of that as of yet, but hope propels a man. Do keep believing what you are told by the DNC propaganda media. They'd so amassed so much credibility with the Russian Collusion narrative.

Not just a server, a server that contained classified information, which is a serious felony.

Yeah. Uh huh. No court level evidence of that as of yet, but hope propels a man. Do keep believing what you are told by the DNC propaganda media. They'd so amassed so much credibility with the Russian Collusion narrative.

"Court level evidence"? Not sure what you mean because you need an indictment or Mueller's final report to determine criminal intent. I believe that will be easily demonstrated, but of course we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom