• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House passes bills to combat baby formula shortage

"The House passed a pair of bills Wednesday night aimed at combating the nationwide baby formula shortage as Democrats scramble to get more supplies on store shelves. The House voted 414-9 to approve a measure that would allow more formula to be purchased with money from a federal program that aids low-income women, infants and children. In a more partisan 231-192 vote, the House passed a bill that would send $28 million to the Food and Drug Administration to help boost formula supply and prevent future shortages. Only 12 Republicans voted for that measure. Both bills now head to the Senate.

Link

Republicans voting against the bill bashed Biden for not doing more. Just what he, or Congress should do was not remarked upon.
What's the FDA gonna do with that $28 mil? Build another factory?

Agree my post was slightly OT but was prompted by your comments about foreign formulas and FDA standards. Ours meets FDA standards but cant be imported.
Couldn't the president sign an EO to allow for temporary authorization for importing?

"The House passed a pair of bills Wednesday night aimed at combating the nationwide baby formula shortage as Democrats scramble to get more supplies on store shelves. The House voted 414-9 to approve a measure that would allow more formula to be purchased with money from a federal program that aids low-income women, infants and children. In a more partisan 231-192 vote, the House passed a bill that would send $28 million to the Food and Drug Administration to help boost formula supply and prevent future shortages. Only 12 Republicans voted for that measure. Both bills now head to the Senate.

Link

Republicans voting against the bill bashed Biden for not doing more. Just what he, or Congress should do was not remarked upon.
Have you actually read the Bills ?
DEM's and the Media are Wonderful at telling you something and never proving to you that they are not lying to you, again!

I understand that that $28Million is for more FDA Staff.

Why did the shortage happen ? Is it because there weren't enough FDA Staff? ....
Then that would mean that there is no shortage but too much red tape! (Right?)
If the Formula shortage is due to no available formula supply why do we need more FDA People?
Do the FDA People MAKE Formula ???....

I have see way too many Propositions that were written to make you think it's good when it does the opposite of what you think it does!
I have not seen the Bill(s) myself (nothing showed up in my searches/very limited) but I know that we need to ALWAYS not trust Politicians!
DEM's & the Liberal Media are worse in general!

Couldn't the president sign an EO to allow for temporary authorization for importing?
I don't think that is possible. the new NAFTA deal (I forget the new acronym) is a trade agreement between Canada, Mexico and the US. All three countries would need to agree to amend it. The US can't change it unilaterally.

The Republicans are brilliant at messaging. Block measures to alleviate shortages in baby formula and high gas prices, then continue to blame it on Biden. Their fans are literally that dumb that they'll buy it.

Quite a few idiots in middle too who think the president controls market forcesthe with the flick of a finger will buy it as well. Jesus people are dumb.

The link says it wants to spend 28 million in part to boost supply

"Boost" supply is not by way of the govt actually manufacturing. That would be interfering with private enterprise that is apparently though unjustifiable.

Back
Top Bottom