• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House erupts into shouting after moment of silence for Orlando

Like shutting down the government?

How many times has that happened over the decades? Remind me again how many of those times it was democrats that shut down the government.

You just have to bring Obama into this, dontcha? Sure he was to blame, but do we have to bring up his mistakes so constantly?

I know, Obama caused the financial crisis and killed Kennedy. Here's an instant classic. This is what republicans do best, filibuster.

I know, Obama caused the financial crisis and killed Kennedy. Here's an instant classic. This is what republicans do best, filibuster.

Well, if nothing else at least you are consistent. Your failed attempt at comedy goes well with your failed attempt at political punditry.

seems the Dems control the Senate. So who really didn't pass a budget? Congress (all parties are to blame).

Back to the OP. Pretty lame to act that way. Just goes to show Congress is broken.

If not an AR purchased legally, the nut would find some other way to kill a bunch of people.

So why not make the best military grade killing machine we can freely available to all the nuts all the time? What could go wrong with that?

Well, if nothing else at least you are consistent. Your failed attempt at comedy goes well with your failed attempt at political punditry.

Cons don't have much of a sense of humor. Cruz is a joke though along with trump.

stay classy Democrats. If republicans pulled a stunt like that the media would roast them over hot coals.

This isn't surprising. Leftists are filled with rage.

I guess you need to move to Panama to have a clue. LOL!
And you, how unfortunate, would be wrong again. I would suggest you not play the lottery as you do not seem to have a sense of winning anything, much less an argument. But your chances are better with the lottery.

Want to argue shutting down the government? Want to fess up how many funding bills were sent by the House specifically funding most everything? Want to deny who turned down any of that [ Read: Reid and Obama ] Want to argue who ended up winning that fight? Want to tell me your folks regained the House and didn't lose the Senate?

What a joke. Maybe farcical comedy really is your specialty, your forte, eh? You sure are making this "con" chuckle.

House erupts into shouting after moment of silence for Orlando | TheHill

stay classy Democrats. If republicans pulled a stunt like that the media would roast them over hot coals.

Where also is their declaration of war? If the dems really cared about those that have parished they'd use everything in their power to condemn the monsters. Yet their grand poobaa can't even say radical Islamic terrorist.

And said poobaa wants to know why that matters ... Well sir as a great leader who served before you said after 9-11 "our resolve is great and we will not be deterred". That sir poobaa is true leadership! You are a shame and a disgrace to America.

And you, how unfortunate, would be wrong again. I would suggest you not play the lottery as you do not seem to have a sense of winning anything, much less an argument. But your chances are better with the lottery.

Want to argue shutting down the government? Want to fess up how many funding bills were sent by the House specifically funding most everything? Want to deny who turned down any of that [ Read: Reid and Obama ] Want to argue who ended up winning that fight? Want to tell me your folks regained the House and didn't lose the Senate?

What a joke. Maybe farcical comedy really is your specialty, your forte, eh? You sure are making this "con" chuckle.

You Mr. Panama how many times did the Repuke lead house vote to repeal the ACA? How many filibusters did the Repukes perform even for the most innocuous posts let alone judges. Which Repuke lead house refuses to do its constitutional duty and take up the presidents supreme court nominee? Spare me your self righteous drivel. You don't even live here anymore what do you care? I hope you enjoy Hillary as your next president.

You Mr. Panama how many times did the Repuke lead house vote to repeal the ACA? How many filibusters did the Repukes perform even for the most innocuous posts let alone judges. Which Repuke lead house refuses to do its constitutional duty and take up the presidents supreme court nominee? Spare me your self righteous drivel. You don't even live here anymore what do you care? I hope you enjoy Hillary as your next president.
There is no constitutional mandate that forces the House to go along with a law that the majority of Americans were against, is there? No. So what is your point? It is their obligation to represent their constituencies against a poorly designed law jammed down the American people's throats.

Nice try, you see you have nowhere to go on the govt shut down issue...now you are deflecting, trying to change the subject to the SCOTUS topic.

Open a thread on it, I will argue with you on that as well. And win. Be that as it may, show me the specific article in our Constitution where it says that there is any, any requirement at all regarding a time frame, how quickly advise and consent must be accomplished or that a lame duck president can force them to do so... or where its been done in the past as a tradition, the last year of a lame duck's presidency.

BTW...

Dude, its still MY country. You on that side are taking it downhill so fast it makes your head spin, but that doesn't mean I quit loving my country, I just detest what you and your fellow misguided miscreants are doing and have done to it. I care a great deal and will fight the ill-intentioned left every damn step of the way, so thank you for that question.

There is no constitutional mandate that forces the House to go along with a law that the majority of Americans were against, is there? No. So what is your point? It is their obligation to represent their constituencies against a poorly designed law jammed down the American people's throats.

Nice try, you see you have nowhere to go on the govt shut down issue...now you are deflecting, trying to change the subject to the SCOTUS topic.

Open a thread on it, I will argue with you on that as well. And win. Be that as it may, show me the specific article in our Constitution where it says that there is any, any requirement at all regarding a time frame, how quickly advise and consent must be accomplished or that a lame duck president can force them to do so... or where its been done in the past as a tradition, the last year of a lame duck's presidency.

BTW...

Dude, its still MY country. You on that side are taking it downhill so fast it makes your head spin, but that doesn't mean I quit loving my country, I just detest what you and your fellow misguided miscreants are doing and have done to it. I care a great deal and will fight the ill-intentioned left every damn step of the way, so thank you for that question.

The repukes shut down the government because they didn't get their way. Nothing really to add. Not sure what you are looking for and I really don't care. As to the USA, I am the one still living here, paying taxes, working and contributing. My wife just received her reimbursement from a club she runs at the community college where she works. She took them to the Statue of Liberty. I went the last time but skipped this one. Let me share my favorite photo with you. Pretty big disparity the way we support our country.

02104719.jpg

So why not make the best military grade killing machine we can freely available to all the nuts all the time? What could go wrong with that?

your sarcasm is noted. :mrgreen:

What would you propose? The guy purchased the AR legally. So what new regs do you want?

(heck, maybe everyone should have a nuke. Ultimate deterrent.:mrgreen:

The repukes shut down the government because they didn't get their way. Nothing really to add. Not sure what you are looking for and I really don't care. As to the USA, I am the one still living here, paying taxes, working and contributing. My wife just received her reimbursement from a club she runs at the community college where she works. She took them to the Statue of Liberty. I went the last time but skipped this one. Let me share my favorite photo with you. Pretty big disparity the way we support our country.

View attachment 67202804
The Republicans sent funding bills to the Senate for everything but ACA... so Obama, Reid and the Dems were willing to shut down, and thats how it went, shut down all for Obama's unwanted favorite legacy law [ which will no longer be a legacy when Trump is elected anyhow ]so don't go trying to blame it on Republicans, it was all your thin skinned president's and his stooge in the Senate's fault. Undeniable.

Me? Not looking for anything except to correct the record from the way you were knowingly, disingenuously, laying it out. Hate to break it to ya, this is debate, you were wrong and I was right.

As to country, dude, you have no idea about me or what you have done vs me. I was in the trenches for years teaching high school Civics, History and Economics. Florida teachers are not nearly so well paid as in NY, not complaining... just a statement of fact. Ran two clubs after school, debate and the Republican/Conservative Clubs for many hours and for years after school... on my own time. Invested a lot of time with some great kids, no regrets at all... but don't try to tell me what is and what isn't, who is and who isn't. You are just as wrong about that as you have been about everything else.

What a bunch of classless punks.

your sarcasm is noted. :mrgreen:

What would you propose? The guy purchased the AR legally. So what new regs do you want?

(heck, maybe everyone should have a nuke. Ultimate deterrent.:mrgreen:

We need to ban military weapons like the AR-15 again. 100's would be alive today if the ban was still in place. That's more blood on Bush's hands for letting it expire. Not that he cares. What's a few hundred more dead to him?

I think there are a lot of people whose attitude at this point is, "Keep you ****ing thoughts and prayers to yourself and just DO something about it!"

The problem is, they only want to do one thing about it, and that one thing is illegal, ineffective, and intolerable to the majority of Americans.

I'm just waiting for either the Democrats or the Republicans to make a public comment about the rampant homophobia in our society that fuels the higher rate of violence that LGBT people suffer in this country.

Back
Top Bottom