• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Democrats Block COVID Origins Declassification Bill

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
As I have said before. I have studied the Civil War in great detail as my great great grandfather fought in the 49th Tennessee Infantry Regiment Co K. Our elected so call leaders on both sides are striking up a Civil War. Many argue we are only in the ‘civil’ part which points to why they keep ratcheting up the rhetoric.

What’s the issue if it was a lab leak? If Trump had not said it was would the left be trying so hard to prove him wrong?
—————-

House Democrats on Tuesday blocked a GOP bill which would require the Director of National Intelligence to declassify information related to the US government's investigations into the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic - and in particular, what role the Wuhan Institute of Virology may have played in the outbreak.

As I have said before. I have studied the Civil War in great detail as my great great grandfather fought in the 49th Tennessee Infantry Regiment Co K. Our elected so call leaders on both sides are striking up a Civil War. Many argue we are only in the ‘civil’ part which points to why they keep ratcheting up the rhetoric.

What’s the issue if it was a lab leak? If Trump had not said it was would the left be trying so hard to prove him wrong?
—————-

House Democrats on Tuesday blocked a GOP bill which would require the Director of National Intelligence to declassify information related to the US government's investigations into the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic - and in particular, what role the Wuhan Institute of Virology may have played in the outbreak.

The messenger of truth is always dispatched if it goes against the overbearing narrative

Do you seriously think Zerohedge lied about what happened in the House today?
I think we need to know why it was voted down.

The messenger of truth is always dispatched if it goes against the overbearing narrative

Do you have any other links? Quick Google search is coming up blank and I won't click zerohedge - -but would like to read about this.

Do you have any other links? Quick Google search is coming up blank and I won't click zerohedge - -but would like to read about this.
What is the bill number. It can be tracked on gov? There were 2 bills. S1348 and S 1867?

What is the bill number. It can be tracked on gov? There were 2 bills. S1348 and S 1867?

I’d have to say neither of those because OP says ‘House’ Democrats and I think both of those are Senate bills. Hopefully something pops on Google or we get another link to look at.

I’d have to say neither of those because OP says ‘House’ Democrats and I think both of those are Senate bills. Hopefully something pops on Google or we get another link to look at.
If you can’t find it on Google it doesn’t exist?

If you go to gov track you can follow the bills introduced and thier progress. Since it was Tuesday maybe it is undergoing some changes. One was very unlikely to pass house and one was more popular. If f it’s not on Govtrack, I would be suspicious of the article.

it’s still at the desk in the House since 5/28/2021

Last edited:
I’ll give you a hint. Checkout Twitter if that is one of the sites you are allowed to visit.

I’m not on Twitter - but I’ll search other search engines since it’s difficult for ya to find something not zerohedge

Get back to ya on this if I can find the details

Do you seriously think Zerohedge lied about what happened in the House today?

Zerohedge lies when the truth is easier. What a stupid question.

—————-

Letting the House R's determine what should be classified when it comes to national security? No thanks.

Me too. I don’t trust Zerohedge, and I’m too busy right now to research other possible, trustworthy sources.

Wait a minute, are you the messenger of truth?

I think we need to know why it was voted down.
shrug...

Give the Dems a chance to come up with their narrative.

Me? I don't care.

The COVID-19 Origin Act was brought to the floor by Representatives Burgess (R-TX), LaHood (R-IL), and Wenstrup (R-OH) before it was shot down in a 216 to 207 vote.

Well crap, they certainly did. I can’t locate a site that explains why though or which bill it was, just that it was Hawley’s from the Senate and that passed in bi-partisan fashion.

Maybe it’s because WHO and the White House is pressuring China for a more in-depth investigation that China is fighting??

I honestly don’t have an answers for ya right now Vy

Last edited:
The COVID-19 Origin Act was brought to the floor by Representatives Burgess (R-TX), LaHood (R-IL), and Wenstrup (R-OH) before it was shot down in a 216 to 207 vote.

Well crap, they certainly did. I can’t locate a site that explains why though or which bill it was, just that it was Hawley’s from the Senate and that passed in bi-partisan fashion.

Maybe it’s because WHO and the White House is pressuring China for a more in-depth investigation that China is fighting??

I hear you. More details will become more available soon. Twitter has much of the information as well as they are linked in the ZH article. Follow your instincts and research topics of interest

Poor Josh.

lol

I mean, it's obvious why this bill was killed.

Straight up retaliation. Suck it up.

Zerohedge lies when the truth is easier. What a stupid question.
So...what do you think they lied about in this article?

—————-

I'm not saying it's unimportant, but why do we seem to be spending more time and resources talking about the origins of the virus rather than deconstructing our response in 2020 and addressing the shortcomings for the next pandemic?

Back
Top Bottom