• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Host not reponding

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Last night, around 10:30 CST, the web host stopped responding. It needed a manual reboot which took several hours to complete.

We are still inviestigating the root cause.

Please accept our appology for any inconvience.

Around three o'clock it started to feel like I spent the night at a methadone clinic...

Oh I thought it was just my computer...I should probably apologize to it for the threats and the profane language....:lol:

vauge said:
Last night, around 10:30 CST, the web host stopped responding. It needed a manual reboot which took several hours to complete.

We are still inviestigating the root cause.

Please accept our appology for any inconvience.

I still had big problems until today.

First, I cleaned out my cache. No luck.

Then I deleted my cookies. Still no go.

I yelled "Connect, dammit!!!!!!!". That didnt help either.

At that point, I figured that something had to be wrong with my internet Explorer, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled. Still didnt work.

Figured it had to be my ISP. Called them and bitched them out. They hung up on me. Seems that wasnt the problem either.

Uninstalled Windows and reinstalled Windows. No dice.

Formatted my hard drive and started over from scratch. That didnt do the trick either.

Now I knew what the problem was. I wasnt getting enough signal from your site, so I took my computer, and threw it on the high power lines running outside my home. Unfortunately, I got too much signal.

After buying my new computer and configuring it, I tried again, but no luck.

Figured the bits needed to be greased to allow for a fast enough connection to get to the forum. Poured salad oil into my computer. Still didnt work, and my new computer was tossed in the process.

After buying my next computer and configuring it, I took the top off a shaker of salt, and threw the salt over my shoulder. Eureka. Here I am :)

Please dont go down again. Its makes for a lot of work for me. LOL.

Last edited:
Kelzie said:
Oh I thought it was just my computer...I should probably apologize to it for the threats and the profane language....:lol:

Vegans aren't allowed to cuss! Thats for us primitive, barbaric meat-lovers.

Arch Enemy said:
Vegans aren't allowed to cuss! Thats for us primitive, barbaric meat-lovers.

No worries. It's reserved solely for my quote unquote computer. I wouldn't want to offend any animals...;) . And primative man didn't eat meat. Just a heads up. :mrgreen:

danarhea said:

At that point, I figured that something had to be wrong with my internet Explorer, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled. Still didnt work.

Figured it had to be my ISP. Called them and bitched them out. They hung up on me. Seems that wasnt the problem either.

Formatted my hard drive and started over from scratch. That didnt do the trick either.

Now I knew what the problem was. I wasnt getting enough signal from your site, so I took my computer, and threw it on the high power lines running outside my home. Unfortunately, I got too much signal.

Figured the bits needed to be greased to allow for a fast enough connection to get to the forum. Poured salad oil into my computer. Still didnt work, and my new computer was tossed in the process.

After buying my next computer and configuring it, I took the top off a shaker of salt, and threw the salt over my shoulder. Eureka. Here I am :)

:rofl - that is funny!

Kelzie said:
No worries. It's reserved solely for my quote unquote computer. I wouldn't want to offend any animals...;) . And primative man didn't eat meat. Just a heads up. :mrgreen:

So that makes the Vegans primative people? Hehe
I don't know what man was thinking, little bunny foo-foo makes a damned good soup! I especially like to top little bunny foo-foo with some greens, it's sort of a sick irony.

:p

Arch Enemy said:
I don't know what man was thinking, little bunny foo-foo makes a damned good soup! I especially like to top little bunny foo-foo with some greens, it's sort of a sick irony.

:naughty Now come on. Leave little bunny foo foo alone. He's got some field mice to scoop up I heard. Besides, the good fairy's already got it in for him...:mrgreen:

Arch Enemy said:

Rabbit is great food. I eat it every Easter. They may be cute, but they are delicious too. I like Bambi too. Hunt that every fall. :)

Seriously though, there are some very good reasons to curtail eating of meat - Processing, hormone injections, feeding of cow carcasses to cows, and many other aspects of commercial food preparation which are ultimately unhealthy. Have you noticed the huge increase of Alzheimer's disease in the last few years? Did you know that the symptoms of mad cow and Alzheimers are exactly the same? Some scientists are now saying that prions are causing Alzheimers. I still like meat, and always will, but I have cut way down on it in the last few months, and guess what? I actually feel healthier.

danarhea said:
Rabbit is great food. I eat it every Easter. They may be cute, but they are delicious too. I like Bambi too. Hunt that every fall. :)

Seriously though, there are some very good reasons to curtail eating of meat - Processing, hormone injections, feeding of cow carcasses to cows, and many other aspects of commercial food preparation which are ultimately unhealthy. Have you noticed the huge increase of Alzheimer's disease in the last few years? Did you know that the symptoms of mad cow and Alzheimers are exactly the same? Some scientists are now saying that prions are causing Alzheimers. I still like meat, and always will, but I have cut way down on it in the last few months, and guess what? I actually feel healthier.

Seriously. Government can't figure out where a cow with Mad Cow disease came from? Doesn't phase me one bit.

Kelzie said:

Then how do you explain our large brains that resulted from an increase of protein in our diets? Hmmm?

Last edited:
danarhea said:

I once fed a cow a hamburger, oddly enough he told me that: "It tastes like chicken."

Last edited:
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Then how do you explain our large brains that resulted from an increase of protein in our diets? Hmmm?

A complete myth? Hmmm?

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Well, in my case you're probably right but umm, what were we talking about again?

The server was down last night. Try to focus please. :mrgreen:

Oh ya, but one queston though what the f is a server?

Alright that's the last pointless post I make for the night I swear . . . I love skotch ... skotch, skotch, skotch.

Last edited:
Looking like we had a similar incident today - but this time it lasted damn near ALL day.

Sorry about that - host company just received a ticket to get this resolved ASAP.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

vauge said:
Looking like we had a similar incident today - but this time it lasted damn near ALL day.

Sorry about that - host company just received a ticket to get this resolved ASAP.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Damn. You just cost me 3 more computers. LOL.

danarhea said:

:2funny: :2rofll: :lamo :lol:

Our seemingly never ending host issues are still prevalant.

Rest assured we are working on it diligently.

vauge said:
Our seemingly never ending host issues are still prevalant.

Rest assured we are working on it diligently.

Short story: We believe it's fixed! Yay!

Long story: Memory errors and Kernel bug errors. Memory was replaced, Kernel was re-compiled, and mysql database was reindexed and repaired.

*crosses fingers*

vauge said:
Short story: We believe it's fixed! Yay!

Long story: Memory errors and Kernel bug errors. Memory was replaced, Kernel was re-compiled, and mysql database was reindexed and repaired.

*crosses fingers*

Oh, well sure. I mean if you had just told me what the problem was, I could have told you to do that. :shock:

Kelzie said:
Oh, well sure. I mean if you had just told me what the problem was, I could have told you to do that. :shock:

You would've just thrown tofu and herbs at it...

Back
Top Bottom