• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Horrors of "Russian" hospitals. so was S. Brin right about Muscovy ?

I can deduce what I know from firsthand personal experience. Russians generally view the concept of "defensive driving" as nonsense....

Interesting post because my immediate thought when watching one of those Russian crash compilation videos is "Dudes never heard of defensive driving; have they?"

to add: with plenty of Russian drivers never having taken a driving test, let alone passed it.

Even where that has long since become compulsory, the minimum driving lessons necessary to even be able to apply for a driving licence are so expensive (relative to income of many) that people do without.

Police control on this issue isn't even remotely anywhere near to what it is in "the West", so most get away with it.

Of course those that can afford the Mercs., BMWs and others can also afford the licence but are, maturity-wise, about as qualified after the test as a kid in Germany who held his newly acquired permit for a record minimum of 49 minutes.

Got caught driving thru town (max.speed 50 km/h) while doing 100 km/h.

The term "police control" itself is a laugh riot because there's two types of police, the ones who go after the real bad guys, and the "traffic police", who are really not much more than low paid hall monitors who drink on the job and are always open to a bribe. No license? No problem! Just have the appropriate amount of rubles and you're all set.

Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY, respects the traffic police.
The very top elites get to drive the few hundred Ford Crown Vics they imported for a couple of years but the rest drive old Lada hatchbacks, KIA's or if they're lucky, a Ford Focus, all of which are so clapped out and underpowered that they can't catch or keep up with anything.

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/214621/one-last-interview

russian-propaganda-1011.jpg

Annnnd?

Where is Muscovy on the map?

Shimon Peres... He said that once? Twice maybe? Certainly not every effing day.

I was there in the 1980-1990s.... Have you been there and stayed in a non western hotel?

ok, dictatorships´ times, do you realize that Today SK is N13 world economy ? and Muscovy has always been under dictatorships? with 2 cities and rest of it just Nigeria with snow like S Peris , mr. Litwin and S Brin always have said?

Annnnd?

Where is Muscovy on the map?

Shimon Peres... He said that once? Twice maybe? Certainly not every effing day.

if Canada renames itself to Israel , will you call Canada for Israel?

You really don't want to go to a Russian hospital. But if you must, have podkup (a bribe) ready and mumble a few Hail Mary's.

Looks a bit like some parts of Detroit. ;)

Reminds me of a hotel I stayed in once in Kazakhstan.

You must have booked the upper price range:lol:

HOW to SURVIVE ABANDONED VILLAGES of "RUSSIA"... the 21st century here and does not smell! No gas, well water, all amenities, only electricity... But our President is forgiving debts and help all except his people... Thanks, Putin...

When Russian people emigrate to the States, they do so well in every field.

Russians are so intelligent and competent.

Yet in their homeland, everything is a mess:

Soldiers are treated brutally.
Hospitals are a nightmare.
Airplanes are always crashing because of bad maintenance.

I often ask myself: Why? Why? Why can't the Russian people get their act together? I simply do not understand.

When Russian people emigrate to the States, they do so well in every field.

Russians are so intelligent and competent.

Yet in their homeland, everything is a mess:

Soldiers are treated brutally.
Hospitals are a nightmare.
Airplanes are always crashing because of bad maintenance.

I often ask myself: Why? Why? Why can't the Russian people get their act together? I simply do not understand.

The answer to your dilemma lies in recognising that what you believe about Russia is often an over-dramatised fiction based on a glimmer of truth spread by western propaganda.

Nothing is perfect, but the constant feed of mis-information and prejudice has poisoned minds.

The answer to your dilemma lies in recognising that what you believe about Russia is often an over-dramatised fiction based on a glimmer of truth spread by western propaganda.

Nothing is perfect, but the constant feed of mis-information and prejudice has poisoned minds.
If I were as fanatical nationalistic as you, I wouldn't admit to the object of my pride being pretty much broken in system either and rather blame any such reports on foreign propaganda.

Fortunately I suffer no such ailment and thus no attached cognitive dissonance.

The Russian people are great, what governs them is a catastrophe. Including the trolls that are in that government's pay.

If I were as fanatical nationalistic as you, I wouldn't admit to the object of my pride being pretty much broken in system either and rather blame any such reports on foreign propaganda.

Fortunately I suffer no such ailment and thus no attached cognitive dissonance.

The Russian people are great, what governs them is a catastrophe. Including the trolls that are in that government's pay.

You probably thought Yeltsin was taking Russia in the 'right' direction :roll:

But then, had you lived in Russia, you'd probably have a different view of a 'catastrophe'. Because the fall of the Soviet Union was indeed a catastrophe, and Yeltsin was a disaster.

People not getting paid, the institutions of state failing, unemployment and drug use rampant, people denied the certainty of a roof over their heads and a job, state assets pillaged by oligarchs ....... and a once great state reduced to an international laughing stock.

That was a catastrophe, and Putin has rescued Russia from that catastrophe which had the finger-prints of the West indelibly all over it.

Russians won't forget who inflicted that, and they get daily reminders from the current economic warfare the West is imposing.

You probably thought Yeltsin was taking Russia in the 'right' direction :roll:.................~
I did and do in fact not. But aside of this you can take this whataboutism and put it where forum rules forbid to say:2razz:, Yeltsin is long gone and the prominent issue of today is the system that governs the Russians here and now.

In which, incidentally, the plundering oligarchs are far from gone, while the "functioning" state is embarked on a haphazard course of territorial expansion and overseas military adventures that, at the end of the day, will have to be paid from the public's purse and, I desperately hope not, its blood.

All the while the Kremlin's loons turning Russia into a pariah state of a reputation it didn't even hold under the Soviets of the post-Stalin era.

You may continue to bask in the supposed sunshine of once again approaching greatness, but what actually warms your skin is the hot breath of approaching fate. Which, if the Kremlin doesn't come to its senses some time soon, will not be pretty for anyone, least of all you.

Back
Top Bottom