• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Names A White Guy As Running Mate: Supporters Unhappy

i think "supporters" might be a bit too strong of a term in many if not most cases. had the Republicans not lost their collective mind and nominated Benito McCheeto, Hillary Clinton would have been wiped out in the general.

Why do you like taking "a couple people say something", and try and make it out to be "this group is saying something"?

Edit: oh, and your OP linked to a page to subscribe, not to the story itself. Hover your mouse over the link to see.

Oh, the WaPo isn't letting me in now, either. I copied the article URL and got the subscription page URL. Tricky.

This is where identity politics fails. There's no such thing as a white black brown red male female gay straight bi cis and trans gendered person who one can name as one's running mate. There's no way to pander to all the fragments of the Democratic coalition using that. The best one can do is name a self deprecating white male who is shot through with white guilt and grovels before every other identity group.

But that's not good enough these days.

Yeah..see...I don't get this pick either. What does he bring to the ticket? He's a very milquetoast, run of the mill guy. Doesn't Hillary NEED a LOT more pizzazz?

Is that what the article says? It is on a pay wall for me.

I haven't heard any of her supporters say they don't like him cause he's a white male. I've heard nothing but policy reasons as to why any of them don't like him. Can you quote the part that shows how her supporters are upset he's a white male?

As I recall you are right to say that most of the reservations are about policy. There was at least some kevtching about ethnicity, particularly from latinos. Unfortunately the WaPo pay wall has locked me out, too. The first few hits were free, now I have to pay for a fix.

i think "supporters" might be a bit too strong of a term in many if not most cases. had the Republicans not lost their collective mind and nominated Benito McCheeto, Hillary Clinton would have been wiped out in the general.

Benito McCheeto?

****ing priceless!

clfskuvxiaaops.jpg

Yeah..see...I don't get this pick either. What does he bring to the ticket? He's a very milquetoast, run of the mill guy. Doesn't Hillary NEED a LOT more pizzazz?

Why does one need a superstar on the number two position on the presidential ticket? T

Why does one need a superstar on the number two position on the presidential ticket? T

Well, not a superstar...but someone who ADDS something? You know like Biden adds experience to Obama, And Cheney adds foreign policy/nat security experience to Bush. I don't see Kaine adding anything other than a warm body. Am I missing something?

That is the entire point, he is help to secure the independent centrist voters that the trump campaign has alienated. Trump is betting on the core Republican voter base but Hilary is trying to get much more broad support.

That is the entire point, he is help to secure the independent centrist voters that the trump campaign has alienated. Trump is betting on the core Republican voter base but Hilary is trying to get much more broad support.

Really? I would have thought she'd have picked a more well known centrist for that. Like Aguilar for example?

Well, not a superstar...but someone who ADDS something? You know like Biden adds experience to Obama, And Cheney adds foreign policy/nat security experience to Bush. I don't see Kaine adding anything other than a warm body. Am I missing something?

Let me see...

Tim Kaine was elected governor of Virginia, before that he was lieutenant governor of Virginia, before that he was the mayor of Richmond.

As democratic senator from Virginia he is on the foreign relations committee.

Look at his record and list of achievements, he is hardly a boring choice.

Really? I would have thought she'd have picked a more well known centrist for that. Like Aguilar for example?

Well he is also a good little establishment boy and has governing experience.

I agree. I like what I've read about the guy and he comes across as a very good choice. With that being said, I never base my decision on the VP. Never.

Let me see...

Tim Kaine was elected governor of Virginia, before that he was lieutenant governor of Virginia, before that he was the mayor of Richmond.

As democratic senator from Virginia he is on the foreign relations committee.

Look at his record and list of achievements, he is hardly a boring choice.

No, I know hsi accomplishments....it's just....there's no *zazzle* there. You know?

Oh, the WaPo isn't letting me in now, either. I copied the article URL and got the subscription page URL. Tricky.

Very tricky of them. I got confused since I knew I had not viewed my allotment of free WaPo stories this month since with the move, I have hardly viewed any internet pages. "Why is this damn thing giving me a subscription page already dammit!"

This is where identity politics fails. There's no such thing as a white black brown red male female gay straight bi cis and trans gendered person who one can name as one's running mate. There's no way to pander to all the fragments of the Democratic coalition using that. The best one can do is name a self deprecating white male who is shot through with white guilt and grovels before every other identity group.

If she named a minority, you would have accused her of pandering.

Your faux outrage machine has covered all the bases.

I could be dead wrong about this election, but my gut tells me that there isn't a hope in hell that Trump is the next President.

Weirder things have happened in this election this year

Im unhappy not because the race or sex, but because of the political ideals

I believe Clinton has majority support from all significant demographics except white men, which is the largest except for white women.

Therefore I do not see how she could avoid picking a white male for the ticket.

God I wish it was Kaine who was running for President. God I wish any Democratic politician was running instead of Clinton.

Serialf*ckup that she is, she might be the only person in the whole goddam party who could lose to Trump.

Look for an exciting presidency if she wins, because she cannot stay out of trouble- she just can't.

I could be dead wrong about this election, but my gut tells me that there isn't a hope in hell that Trump is the next President.

When the most hard-core conservatives won't vote for Trump it's a good indicator that he's in trouble. Trump doesn't have the GOP base.

Seems like both parties put someone more palatable in the VP spot to make it easier to vote for the top of the ticket. 2016 - most ****ed up election ever.

Yep.
You can disagree.

We'll have to see how it plays out.

Well, if deal in facts and odds, Trump is very likely to lose. It's a numbers game. He has to win swing states, and he has to do well with women voters. We all know he won't be able to backtrack on the "a woman is good only if she's a good piece of _ss" and "fat pig" remarks. He also has to get a certain percentage of hispanic voters. We all know how he'll do with that group. He is almost certain to lose. He's a perfect storm of what not to be, if you want to be President. Starting with a dignified presence and tone, thoughtful consideration of choices, and respect for others, together with leading the country toward unity and peace and a great economy. That's the opposite of what Trump not only represents, but also the opposite of what he wants.

The funny part is that people actually thought Hillary might pick Warren. Clinton used her as a prop to suck in all the lefties then went with the guy everyone knew she would pick in the first place. The real shame here is that Kaine is the VP pick. He should be on the top of the ticket as should Pence.

Pretty clear that her 'safe' choice of a moderate Dem indicates she's very comfortable with her chances of winning.

If she were worried at all about it, she'd have gone with Warren or Brown or someone like that.

I disagree, she assumes the Sandernistas will vote for her and not the greens especially after Trump picked a social conservative. so she selected someone who wouldn't scare moderates-epecially moderate men away like Warren would the biggest issue with Kaine is that he was a big fan of the NRA sponsored Project exile which caused many black felons caught with guns to get serious federal time. Lots of black activists were extremely hostile to this program and claimed it was racist. Brown would have helped her in Ohio even though it would have cost the Dems a senate seat. Pence will help Trump in Ohio

Back
Top Bottom