• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hey girls - what size makes you feel the most confident?

I usually wear Converse All-Stars. I don't have a hard time; they have them in every size.
On the rare occasions that I need dress shoes, I usually just borrow them from a friend... and then stuff a bunch of crumpled paper towels in the toes because they're three sizes too big, and then end up kicking them off and going barefoot before the night's over, anyway. :mrgreen:

I have a harder time finding pants that aren't too long; way, way too long.
I'm only around five feet tall.
I always have to cut four inches off the legs of my jeans, or else roll them up, which looks pretty stupid.

Well, she, like me, is a runner, so Converse All-Stars don't cut it for that purpose... In fact, I think Converse are about the worst "sports shoe" ever created.... and she prefers nice casual shoes for other purposes... which we generally buy in Japan...

I'm a tad over 6' tall and typically weigh between 155-165. Size 10 or 12 most of the time, and sometimes a stretchy 8 will work also. Much depends on the material and cut.

I'm a tad over 6' tall and typically weigh between 155-165. Size 10 or 12 most of the time, and sometimes a stretchy 8 will work also. Much depends on the material and cut.

Tashah, is that US sizing? You look MUCH smaller than a US 10 or 12.

Well, she, like me, is a runner, so Converse All-Stars don't cut it for that purpose... In fact, I think Converse are about the worst "sports shoe" ever created.... and she prefers nice casual shoes for other purposes... which we generally buy in Japan...

I've worn Converse since I was a kid. I buy one new pair per year.
There was a frightening period in 2001-2002 where they became extremely difficult to find.
But then Nike bought up the company, and now they're ubiquitous again.

I can see how they wouldn't be good sport shoes.
However, they are exceedingly comfortable work shoes.
I don't believe in wearing leather, so it's nice that they're made out of cloth.
My main exercises are rowing and inline skating, so I don't really need good sport shoes.
My husband wears Converse too, but he does have a different pair of shoes for running. I believe they're New Balance.

Have her try a boy's size 3. Wait, I may have that backwards. Just tell her to go to a children's shoe shop and try on a few pairs of boy's running shoes. She'll find the correct size.

Last edited:
Tashah, is that US sizing? You look MUCH smaller than a US 10 or 12.
US sizing yes. I always fit nicely in a 10. I run into 8's that work and 12's that work. This is where much depends on the material and the cut/style. I prefer a simple and uncomplicated look. Like now I wear a lot of cotton short summer-dresses. Simple, yet they extol the body lines and curvature remarkably well. Heels further accentuate the body curvature and my long legs.

US sizing yes. I always fit nicely in a 10. I run into 8's that work and 12's that work. This is where much depends on the material and the cut/style. I prefer a simple and uncomplicated look. Like now I wear a lot of cotton short summer-dresses. Simple, yet they extol the body lines and curvature remarkably well. Heels further accentuate the body curvature and my long legs.

I would love to be tall. Just one weekend. That's all I ask. :sigh:

Tall girls wear larger sizes.
I never figured out how this worked; I once had a friend who was six feet tall and very skinny. She did some modeling. She weighed 145 pounds and wore a ten or a twelve.
Her waist was thinner than mine; she had no hips. Nevertheless, tens and twelves fit her.
I could never understand how her pants stayed up; if I put on size ten pants, they'd fall down around my ankles.

Another friend, Erica, was about as short as me and rather chubby. She wore a six.
Of course, she had to squeeze her lardy little butt into it and suck in her belly to button it, but that was the best size for her; an eight would've swallowed her up.
Short girls wear small sizes, even if they're chunky.

I've never understood why they don't make women's clothes- at least pants- in standard sizes like mens. 25" waist, whatever-length leg. Like that.
Seems more practical.

That makes sense, 10. And I do wish there were more standardized sizing.

Size zero? :rofl

I think I know why the urban kids wear size 52 inch jeans now.

Size zero? :rofl

:lol:

I know, right?
I shop at Target, when I shop at all.
I've never seen a "size zero" there.
Their smallest size is a 2, and it's quite small enough.
If it's jeans, I'll usually go with a 4, just to have some room for my belly-bloat when I'm on the rag.

Tall girls wear larger sizes.
I never figured out how this worked; I once had a friend who was six feet tall and very skinny. She did some modeling. She weighed 145 pounds and wore a ten or a twelve.
Her waist was thinner than mine; she had no hips. Nevertheless, tens and twelves fit her.
I could never understand how her pants stayed up; if I put on size ten pants, they'd fall down around my ankles.

Another friend, Erica, was about as short as me and rather chubby. She wore a six.
Of course, she had to squeeze her lardy little butt into it and suck in her belly to button it, but that was the best size for her; an eight would've swallowed her up.
Short girls wear small sizes, even if they're chunky.

I've never understood why they don't make women's clothes- at least pants- in standard sizes like mens. 25" waist, whatever-length leg. Like that.
Seems more practical.

I'm only 5'3" and the smallest size I'm ever going to get into is an 8, and that's only if I'm way too thin. At 135-140 lbs I wore a size 10-12. (my healthiest weight, lots of muscle, low body fat) At 125-130 lbs or so I could get into an 8, but I looked anorexic at that weight.

I'm only 5'3" and the smallest size I'm ever going to get into is an 8, and that's only if I'm way too thin. At 135-140 lbs I wore a size 10-12. (my healthiest weight, lots of muscle, low body fat) At 125-130 lbs or so I could get into an 8, but I looked anorexic at that weight.

There are different body types.
Some people have large bones, and a naturally mesomorphic (muscular) build, regardless of height.
They will not look fat even if the BMI scales claim they're "obese" based on their weight.

Have her try a boy's size 3. Wait, I may have that backwards. Just tell her to go to a children's shoe shop and try on a few pairs of boy's running shoes. She'll find the correct size.

She hates the children's shoes... we just stock up when we go to Japan... it is a regular enough trip for us anyway and they really aren't that expensive there if you know where to look.... and we don't have as bad an exchange rate problem with Japan as the US does right now...

Wasn't complaining about it... She is about the same height as a girl I dated when I lived in Shanghai...
<----- 6'4" in these heels.

Pop on a beret and... 6'5" :2razz:

bet you look hot in a beret and heels... :yes:
I'm quite used to it, but eyeballs do tend to pop wherever I go. It's unavoidable.

My sister Shayah is 5'11" and everyone stares and when we go clubbing together in "skyscraper mode" lol.

Ah come on, you love it,.... you know it....
Overall, I do enjoy the attention. It would be terribly dishonest to pretend otherwise.

Size doesn't really matter, because a woman isn't at her sexiest when she's in pants, but out of them.

Size doesn't really matter, because a woman isn't at her sexiest when she's in pants, but out of them.

I don't know about that, a hot girl in a well-fitting pair of pants looks mighty good to me, though I prefer the short skirts that are common in Taiwan during our long, hot summers...

It's just a tease to me. It's like sitting through the previews before Avatar comes on the screen.

All things are a countdown to penetration.

Back
Top Bottom