• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hey girls - what size makes you feel the most confident?

Mine either. But I do like how my body looks when it's not too skinny. I look way better naked at size 8 than 6. I don't even want to imagine how revoltingly skeletal I'd look if I ever went below a size 6. I think one has to be quite short or have a petite Asian body type to fit into anything that small.

I agree. I have more of an atheletic build and while I still have some work to do on my own body (it's always a work in progress.. lol) but I couldn't imagine how I'd look if I were a really small size. At one point I was wearing a size 5 and I looked sick.... not healthy and I wasn't. I'm in better shape now at 41, than I was at age 20. I'm good with myself and I suppose if someone wants to judge me by what size I am, that's their gig.

Well - I'm tempted to say 'size 4 or 6' - but even when I was a size 0 or 2 I wasn't confident.
Apparently my clothing size doesn't affect my personal opinion of myself. . . it's how they fit and my health that really makes a difference (looking back on all my different phases in life).

I'm far more confident with myself now - but I'm heaviest, now. I think it's maturity, life experiences, health. I'm heavier but far healthier (I use to be anorexic). And it's satisfying to be able to find clothes that *do* fit - when I weighed 95 lbs that just wasn't going on. Clothes did not fit me, I was too damn skinny.

I can't believe that nobody has developed a sizing system for clothes that actually have practical quantitative measurements. Given the huge range of human body sizes and shape, having a single number for size is stupid. A dress should have at least 3 numbers for the hips, bust and hip to armpit length. I understand the psychological fun with dress size and social pressure towards beauty standards, but there isn't enough of a market for just one practical system?

I can't believe that nobody has developed a sizing system for clothes that actually have practical quantitative measurements. Given the huge range of human body sizes and shape, having a single number for size is stupid. A dress should have at least 3 numbers for the hips, bust and hip to armpit length. I understand the psychological fun with dress size and social pressure towards beauty standards, but there isn't enough of a market for just one practical system?

Not only that, but different brands use different sizing methods. A size 4 in one brand would be a size 6 or 8 in another brand. But guess which brand the self-conscious, body drama queens are going to buy? The one that puts them in a "smaller" size. It's so retarded it's ridiculous. It make buying clothes a huge ****ing hassel.

Like jeans?

I'm only an inch shorter than my sister, so what works for her usually works for me also.

I agree that the industry should adopt a universal-global size standard for female clothing.

Back
Top Bottom