• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hey, Californians: What the heck is going on out there?

We are losing you yet again?(LOL)

Why?

I even was nice enough to have said this?

10! **** YES.

My wife refused to believe anyone would be that ego-focused as to refuse to explain themselves out of spite. I said you’re gonna go at least ten posts. She said nuh uh. I said “breakfast in bed, and then oral if he gets to 10 refusing to explain.”

Thank you for the croissant and eggs. and the honey. :)

PS: I’ll check in later in case ya’ll wanna wow me with your hot take on a subject we both know you can *crush* me on at any moment if only you just felt like it.

10! **** YES.

My wife refused to believe anyone would be that ego-focused as to refuse to explain themselves out of spite. I said you’re gonna go at least ten posts. She said nuh uh. I said “breakfast in bed, and then oral if he gets to 10 refusing to explain.”

Thank you for the croissant and eggs. and the honey. :)

PS: I’ll check in later in case ya’ll wanna wow me with your hot take on a subject we both know you can *crush* me on at any moment if only you just felt like it.

10! **** YES.

Can't be? I asked "What do you need help understanding"?

(LOL)

Can't be? I asked "What do you need help understanding"?

(LOL)

Okay. I believe you when you tell me you don't wanna talk about it.

Thanks for this morning all the same! ;)

What "Climate change"?

The west has been DRY for eons?

Whats changed is, Calif has about 40 million people!!!!

Holy ****!!!!

The concept of fire is not new. However, climate change has clearly made things worse -- higher temperatures,including overnight temps (critical to fighting these types of fires), more dry conditions. Re forestry, practices like clearing out the most desirable (for logging) trees re-make the ecosystem into one that is much more fire prone; clear cutting and replacing with perfectly regular mono-planting has the same effect. I absolutely agree that adding people and many moving into fire-prone areas is a clear and significant contributor to the property and economic damage the fires cause, but the fires themselves have also gotten worse (bigger, more rapidly spreading, and harder to contain) for clearly identifiable reasons.

Sorry, I should have added that I am talking about California specifically when it comes to climate change. I have no idea how climate change is affecting fires elsewhere.

The climate has been "changing" since long before Jesus walked the earth. Nothing to do with anything. Like the virus, we humans think we cam change mother nature.
Humans are changing the climate beyond what nature would have on its own. Willful ignorance is not an argument.
203_co2-graph-061219.jpg

Humans are changing the climate beyond what nature would have on its own. Willful ignorance is not an argument.
View attachment 67295056

May I see the temperature readings in Los Angeles, Seattle, Moscow, Kuwait, etc. etc. for each year dating back 800,000 years and how they took them? Thanks.

PS. anyone can make a colored chart.

May I see the temperature readings in Los Angeles, Seattle, Moscow, Kuwait, etc. etc. for each year dating back 800,000 years and how they took them? Thanks.

Shame not just anyone can read ‘em though.

Would you prefer one in black and white? Because the facts sure are.

Would you prefer one in black and white? Because the facts sure are.

What facts? How did you confirm them? What was the highest temperature range for California in 5000 BC? How did you confirm the accuracy of the chart?

What facts? How did you confirm them? What was the highest temperature range for California in 5000 BC? How did you confirm the accuracy of the chart?
It is a fact that CO2 levels in the air have dramatically increased, and have done so as a result of human activity.

It is a fact that CO2 levels in the air have dramatically increased, and have done so as a result of human activity.

You personally know because of someone else telling you or how?

You personally know because of someone else telling you or how?
Are you asking me if I personally conducted the studies showing that CO2 levels in the air have increased? Um, of course not. But I don't have to personally conduct scientific research for it to be valid...lol.

Are you asking me if I personally conducted the studies showing that CO2 levels in the air have increased? Um, of course not. But I don't have to personally conduct scientific research for it to be valid...lol.

Paradoxical has an entirely open mind, and is ready to listen to you so long as you personally conducted temperature studies in "Los Angeles, Seattle, Moscow, Kuwait, etc. etc. for each year dating back 800,000 years." Absent that, though, Paradoxical is certain that science is a fiction.

I have lived all of my 83 years in California (in Los Angeles since the 1940s).

Yes, California has changed dramatically.

Because of massive immigration (both legal and undocumented) since the 1970s, it is now a solidly blue state.

It has often been said that as California goes, so goes the nation.

That is an accurate statement, I believe.

California today is a harbinger of what the entire nation will look like in a few more decades.

Much sooner than that.

Blaming it on climate change is absurd.

I sometimes wonder if God is punishing California and Oregon for their filthy liberal life styles.

What "Climate change"?

The west has been DRY for eons?

Whats changed is, Calif has about 40 million people!!!!

Holy ****!!!!

This is a perfect demonstration of why the electoral college works. Dems flooded cali with illegals to ensure their repeated political wins but in the end, it bit them in the ass. Cali is ****hole.

I love science...eapecially the armchair stuff. What % of CO2 came from humans?

This is a perfect demonstration of why the electoral college works. Dems flooded cali with illegals to ensure their repeated political wins but in the end, it bit them in the ass. Cali is ****hole.

Dems flooded cali with illegals

"And now for the REST OF THE STORY" - Paul Harvey

1986 AMNESTY signed BY Saint Ronnie

1990 immigration act signed by papa Bush

1/3 of all new immigrates have been settling in Calif for years

Yep

So, you just believe those in authority without any independent confirmation?

Paradoxical has an entirely open mind, and is ready to listen to you so long as you personally conducted temperature studies in "Los Angeles, Seattle, Moscow, Kuwait, etc. etc. for each year dating back 800,000 years." Absent that, though, Paradoxical is certain that science is a fiction.

You are NO skeptic. The topic is temperature anyway and not CO2 levels and CO2 levels being high promote more vegetation growth. The answer is to plant more trees. Nice though how people use diversionary tactics. We humans look at these small snippets of time like 10 years or even 50 years and freak out that the weather today is "hotter". How do they know what "hotter" is? Than a hundred years ago? Than a thousand? What created the high CO2 levels in the dinosaur era? Pavement? Automobiles? Planes, trains and buses?

Based on this lack of information and knowledge, though, we want to destroy humanity by ruining the economy for unproven and expensive technologies that will make corporate America and their stooges in Congress rich. The identical hysteria is going on with the COVID virus. Humans right now are crazy i the head. They listen to CNN, MSNBS, Pelosi and other idiots as if they are gods and believe every word they say.

Back
Top Bottom