• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Herschel Walker Skeptical Of Evolution: 'Why Are There Still Apes? Think About It'

Science is the process of asking asking questions.

Have you heard Mr. Walker speak? He's a very intelligent and passionate and religious. To call for him to be "disqualified" for asking questions says more about you than is does about him.
I've heard him speak. He is does not sound "very intelligent". I would agree with the "passionate and religious" parts, but those should definitely not be seen as automatically good things (and in this case they definitely are not) for a politician, leader.

"Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker cast doubt on the theory of evolution in recent remarks, saying the fact that apes and humans coexist disproves accepted science.

“At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not? ... If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it,” Herschel said in an appearance at Sugar Hill Church in Georgia on Sunday.

“Now you’re getting too smart for us, Herschel,” lead pastor Chuck Allen responded.

Walker is currently the front-runner in the GOP contest to challenge Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) in November. He’s a former NFL star who has the endorsement of former President Donald Trump, and he’s outspoken about his Christian faith."

Link

If Walker win, Blackburn, Tuberville and Johnson can add a new voice to the Dummy Caucus.

LOL. Damn that fella must be ignorant. Too many concussions.

First, that isnt really "logic" what he said.
Second: humans didnt "evolve from apes". Humans and apes share a common ancestor.

On the contrary, my friend. It's the supporting evidence that makes faith in a particular belief possible. Without supporting evidence, we do little but give lip service to the things we believe; we certainly won't promote or defend them.

You believe in evolution. It's the "supporting evidence" that enables your faith in it to promote and defend it.

What dogmas have been proven wrong? Well heck, the most glaring and obvious one perhaps is Copernican theory, the heliocentric model of the universe. Climate scientists have been altering their theories since the 60's. Whenever science "observes" something contrary to current dogma (and there's "independent verification" and etc.), they change, or alter their theory to be more in line with current, or latest observations. Don't tell me you disagree that science makes mistakes.

I just demonstrated that observation is not necessarily fact.

Take eyewitness testimony - for ages the testimony of eyewitnesses was assumed to be the most credible of all "proof" for or against a defendant. Until recently that is, as we learn the psychology of eyewitnesses can introduce anomalies in their testimony, making what they observed less credible than we once might have.
None of that is an argument against the veracity of Evolutionary Biology to explain reality.

On the contrary, my friend. It's the supporting evidence that makes faith in a particular belief possible. Without supporting evidence, we do little but give lip service to the things we believe; we certainly won't promote or defend them.

You believe in evolution. It's the "supporting evidence" that enables your faith in it to promote and defend it.

What dogmas have been proven wrong? Well heck, the most glaring and obvious one perhaps is Copernican theory, the heliocentric model of the universe. Climate scientists have been altering their theories since the 60's. Whenever science "observes" something contrary to current dogma (and there's "independent verification" and etc.), they change, or alter their theory to be more in line with current, or latest observations. Don't tell me you disagree that science makes mistakes.

Take eyewitness testimony - for ages the testimony of eyewitnesses was assumed to be the most credible of all "proof" for or against a defendant. Until recently that is, as we learn the psychology of eyewitnesses can introduce anomalies in their testimony, making what they observed less credible than we once might have.

I have zero faith in evolution. I have evidence evolution is accurate.

You are using a false, arguably useless, definition of faith. It makes every single belief a person could have “faith”, and if every belief is “faith”, faith is meaningless.

You seriously think the Earth is the center of the universe? You think heliocentric has been disproven?

"Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker cast doubt on the theory of evolution in recent remarks, saying the fact that apes and humans coexist disproves accepted science.

“At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not? ... If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it,” Herschel said in an appearance at Sugar Hill Church in Georgia on Sunday.

“Now you’re getting too smart for us, Herschel,” lead pastor Chuck Allen responded.

Walker is currently the front-runner in the GOP contest to challenge Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) in November. He’s a former NFL star who has the endorsement of former President Donald Trump, and he’s outspoken about his Christian faith."

Link

If Walker win, Blackburn, Tuberville and Johnson can add a new voice to the Dummy Caucus.

Walker is evidence that the evolution from apes may have never really happened at all.

Evolution is a theory, not reality.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

"Theory" doesnt mean what you think it means.
Evolution is proven fact.

Science is belief in a method, rather than in any "ultimate truth". It's been adapted because this method has so far proven to be more fruitful than what we had before- namely that ultimate truth could be learned through faith in some revelation.

But in science- as long as the observations and experiments are good and reproducible, and the reasoning is solid and accepted by the consensus of the experts in that field- then the latest conclusions are contingently accepted by the scientific community. But there is nothing sacred, immutable, or unquestionable about them. If someone can come up with better observations, experiments, or reasoning, that conclusion will come into question and new ones adapted. That's not a weak point- that's why science is always growing so much. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

But a lot of laypeople mistake this contingency and constant shifting of scientific conclusions and observations as evidence that scientists don't know ultimate truth and that science should be discredited- especially any conclusions they don't happen to like or which clashes with their traditional cultural mythologies.

Last edited:
Evolution is a theory, not reality.
You do not seem to understand the difference between a scientific theory and the general use of the term. Evolution is a scientific theory with supporting evidence and nothing to discredit it.

Gravity is a theory.

Are you floating around your house right now?
NOpe gravity is a fact. The mathematics and physics describing gravity is a theory.

LOL. Damn that fella must be ignorant. Too many concussions.

First, that isnt really "logic" what he said.
Second: humans didnt "evolve from apes". Humans and apes share a common ancestor.
One can always tell that someone is scientifically ignorant, especially regarding evolution, when they complain about us "evolving from apes/monkeys" (or something to that effect) or wonder why apes/monkeys still exist.

Nonsense - science IS faith, faith in the accuracy of your observations or the observations of others - and faith in how those observations are interpreted.
Wrong. Science is not faith. Science relies on evidence to make predictions or explanations. Faith does not. They are polar opposites.

Science is the process of asking asking questions.

Have you heard Mr. Walker speak? He's a very intelligent and passionate and religious. To call for him to be "disqualified" for asking questions says more about you than is does about him.
he's a tRump supporting - and supported - liar
While football great Herschel Walker’s bid for the U.S. Senate hinges on his celebrity, he’s just as likely to bring up his reputation as a businessman on the campaign trail.

At stops around the state and in online appeals, the Republican Senate front-runner boasts of creating several successful businesses and hundreds of jobs. He views himself as a voice for Georgia’s business owners as he battles for a seat that could decide control of the Senate.

But an Atlanta Journal-Constitution review of court records and other public documents contradicts statements Walker has made about the number of people his companies employ, their size and the assets they own. The review also revealed a string of defaults, settlements and lawsuits alleging that Walker and his businesses owed millions of dollars in unpaid loans.
And while Walker attributes his wealth to his business acumen, much of it seems to be derived from his celebrity status as a football legend through speaking engagements and brand ambassadorships, according to campaign financial disclosures. ...
The largest venture within H. Walker Enterprises appears to be Renaissance Man Food Services, a poultry products and distribution company, according to court records and Walker’s own public statements. In his December financial disclosure, Walker reported earning a $100,000 salary from the company.

He has described the company as a “mini Tyson Foods” and touted it as the largest minority-owned business of its kind in the country. He told the Dallas Morning News in 2009 that Renaissance Man Food Services employed more than 100 people and grossed $70 million a year. In a more recent interview, Walker told Fox News that the company employed 600 people.

Walker, however, has told a different story in government documents and in court records.
During the pandemic, Renaissance Man Food Services reported just eight employees on applications for two Paycheck Protection Program loans from the federal Small Business Administration totaling $180,000. The first loan in April 2020 amounted to $111,300 and has since been forgiven.

The large estimates of employees he has made to the press over the years appear to refer to chicken processing jobs, which are not actually part of Walker’s business. In reality, manufacturers supply chicken to Renaissance Man Food Services which the company then sells to retailers and other business under one of Walker’s food brands, court documents show.

In a 2018 lawsuit against his company, Walker backtracked from previous public statements he’d made about the poultry business and his involvement in the chicken processing plants. He acknowledged that the company didn’t own any plants, but that he partnered with the company that actually owns the plants to sell his branded chicken products.

“I don’t mean to speak of ‘own’ in a technical sense,” he said in a declaration to the court. ...
Walker and various business partners have defaulted or fell behind in payments on at least eight loans totaling $9 million over the past two decades, according to an AJC review of hundreds of pages of court documents, Securities and Exchange Commission filings and other public records that detail these financial issues. ...
he's a tRump wannabe ... and he has the lies and the failed business ventures to prove it

read the article and see it reveal how many creditors he has left unpaid - just like his mentor

LOL, yeah, this is the people that we are dealing with

he could just use google and the many other resources https://www.nyas.org/magazines/autumn-2009/how-the-eye-evolved/

Also, the human eye isn't even that great, many so called "lower" species have much better eyesight than humans
Anti-evolutionists are some of the most annoying of the anti-science crowd. Like talking to children. Like the teenager who thinks he knows more than his parents. Pretty astonishing. It takes a conspiratorial mind to be an anti-evolutionist.

Otherwise intelligent people can and do convince themselves of creationism. I don't get it.

Proponents of creationism are dishonest. Intelligent Design On Trial was a 2 hour NOVA program which is no longer available to stream, but you can watch it in segments. Very highly recommended.

Kitzmiller v Dover found that intelligent design was repackaged creationism, not science. A paper was found in which nothing was changed but the word 'creationism' for 'intelligent design.' Rather sloppily, too. <<<--- there's an intended pun in that last sentence. watch the program and it will become clear

How many are necessary? You know fossilization is rare, right?
I have questioned evolution since I could think. My question has always been if “we” evolved from something that crawled out of the ocean, why aren’t there other organisms following us out? Has evolution stopped?

Disclaimer: I am not sold 100% on either of the two major explanations for our existence.

Speciation through the process of Natural Selection is a fact.

Evolutionary Theory is the descriptive framework for that reality.
It should be noted that since the introduction of evolutionary theory, there has never been a better proposed theory over evolution nor has there been any evidence to discredit evolution. Evolutionary theory has withstood challenges over the years.

Back
Top Bottom