• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's a flat tax for you.....

Try to justify why someone else has a moral duty to pay for your existence. I love the parasite advocacy meme. the chirping little bird that wants someone else to fill its beak

Your question doesn't describe the situation, so try again.

But I love tendentious questions: why are you against thieves paying back what they owe to those they stole from?

See how easy it is to ask pseudoquestions.

more boohoo BS. why do you whine about the superwealthy when most of your rants are targeted at the rich. you want anyone who is making more than you to pay more taxes. and until someone is making over 5 million or so a year, those in the top one percent pay the highest tax rates of any economic cohort

Focus, focus. The issue is cap gains versus ordinary income, and who recognizes these in what percentages. You need to keep up.

Your question doesn't describe the situation, so try again.

But I love tendentious questions: why are you against thieves paying back what they owe to those they stole from?

See how easy it is to ask pseudoquestions.

more oozing manure. People who are more productive and prosperous than you have not stolen anything form you. Its that sort of idiocy that is typical of the far left-the asinine assumption that the wealthy have taken things from the unproductive

Double capital gains tax and see what happens to your 401k. I dare you.

Pssst: 401ks incur no taxes until they are distributed. They grow tax free. That's sort of the point.

If I knew, I wouldn't be wasting time on this site, I would be implementing it.

I once met with my congressman, he was a republican, and he just outright dismissed my suggestions. He said that they were "bold" but that "Mildred wouldn't like them" (Mildred is an elderly waitress at a local eatery who he apparently thought was representative of our entire voting population).

He may have been right! :lamo: As our population ages, and many of them probably remember Ike, they are a group that doesn't seem to like the current trend of "anything goes," and are fighting back. I look forward to seeing what the 2014 elections are going to look like. I'll think about 2016 later.... :shock:

Oh, so it's only 99.99%? Get real, if you are a billionare, where do you think your income comes from? Of course the vast majority comes from investments.

OK then, let's do it.

Um, nope. In fact, a good chunk of income is subject to double-taxation.

Focus, focus. The issue is cap gains versus ordinary income, and who recognizes these in what percentages. You need to keep up.

I tire of such silly arrogance in your posts. Capital gains are taxed at lower rates for good reasons. your whining is premised on the belief that the tax rates for ordinary income are proper which is an ASSumption that ignores the fact that the legitimacy of those rates are created by the same system that has created capital gains rates

more oozing manure. People who are more productive and prosperous than you have not stolen anything form you. Its that sort of idiocy that is typical of the far left-the asinine assumption that the wealthy have taken things from the unproductive

So you think thieves should keep their ill-gotten gain, is that what you're saying?

See, it's easy to construct tea partier questions.

The mechanism isn't raising taxes, it is shifting the tax burden from those who are the least likely to be able to create bubbles, to those who fund bubbles.

Ahhhh, yes, the old "suck the money out of the economy to stifle dangerous growth" theory.

Tax policy at different income and wealth brackets has different effects. Increasing taxes on the worker/consumer class discourages work and reduces demand and results in less wealth creation. Increasing taxes on those who have more than they chose to spend, has absolutely no effect on demand or unemployment, but it does disincentivise greed and the act of chasing dollars at all costs without regard to others.

It discourages investment and market capitalization. That much is a fact. To think that it did incentivizes "greed" aka "corporate profits", is delusional.

Um, nope. In fact, a good chunk of income is subject to double-taxation.

Oh God, is this the corporate double tax meme!

pssst: if rich people don't want to own stock in C-corps, they don't have to. They can start a S-corp or an LLC. But they want to own C-corps. Want me to tell you why?

So you think thieves should keep their ill-gotten gain, is that what you're saying?

See, it's easy to construct tea partier questions.

the idiocy is claiming those who are more intelligent and more prosperous than you are thieves. That is just pure horse crap. You demonstrate you have no clue what the term thievery means.

pssst: if rich people don't want to own stock in C-corps, they don't have to. They can start a S-corp or an LLC. But they want to own C-corps. Want me to tell you why?

Your constant whining about the rich suggests that rich is a status you apparently concede you will never achieve but rather than work harder, you belittle those who are more successful than you are to justify your lack of achievement

the idiocy is claiming those who are more intelligent and more prosperous than you are thieves. That is just pure horse crap. You demonstrate you have no clue what the term thievery means.

This is a good on: conflating wealth with intelligence and pretending my satire of your silly questions wasn't satire. Excellent memery!

Your constant whining about the rich suggests that rich is a status you apparently concede you will never achieve but rather than work harder, you belittle those who are more successful than you are to justify your lack of achievement

I love this: assume a falsehood and go from there. It's wonderful rightwing memery. Do you take lessons?

Now, tell us again why you don't want rich thieves to pay back what they owe? Do you hate America?

Most have-nots need someone to blame for their lot in life. You just happened to find one who wants to say "meme" for any reason. I'm starting to think that he doesn't even know what the word means.

I love this: assume a falsehood and go from there. It's wonderful rightwing memery. Do you take lessons?

Now, tell us again why you don't want rich thieves to pay back what they owe? Do you hate America?

I love your dishonest attempts to frame a debate based on fraudulent terms that are rooted in extremist ideology. Do you take lessons on how to patently lie about those who are wealthy?

do you realize how childish it is to call those who are smarter and more productive than you are thieves?

show me what laws they both violated and were convicted of violating

until then, your term is patently dishonest

Most have-nots need someone to blame for their lot in life. You just happened to find one who wants to say "meme" for any reason. I'm starting to think that he doesn't even know what the word means.

its clearly pavlovian.

To sell shares or have multiple owners.

S corp is great if you own it or have equal partners, sharing equally in profit.

LL corp is ideal for owners who take a larger share of profits since they're more involved in the business (parent loan and own half, but only get 1/4 or profit, since they're not working in the company, for example)

Oh, this is cute, Gipper and Turtle caught red handed making invalid arguments.

I love your dishonest attempts to frame a debate based on fraudulent terms that are rooted in extremist ideology. Do you take lessons on how to patently lie about those who are wealthy?

do you realize how childish it is to call those who are smarter and more productive than you are thieves?

show me what laws they both violated and were convicted of violating

until then, your term is patently dishonest

I'm sorry, are you talking about yourself?

Let me know when you want to say something pertinent about the topic.

Namely, since no SCOTUS has ruled it unconstitutional. Plus we have A16 (The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.)

Moreover, since Hamilton created our first federal taxes (system of tariffs) they've been progressive. In short, larger imports (the rich) had higher percentage tariffs.

Slavery was considered legal for a long time didn't make it right and scotus has no power over the constitution under article 3.

I'm sorry, are you talking about yourself?

Let me know when you want to say something pertinent about the topic.

LOL, that is rich. you calling winners thieves is a poor excuse for one's own failure

LOL, that is rich. you calling winners thieves is a poor excuse for one's own failure

Kind of like you calling working people losers and parasites.

NEXT RIGHTWING MEME!

Kind of like you calling working people losers and parasites.

NEXT RIGHTWING MEME!
very few of the parasite class actually work. They want others to work to feed them. Do you get a bonus for every time you use the silly MEME term. IT really has no use in this discussion

How does the progressive income tale not violate equality under the law?

Everyone is taxed the same for the income at specific income levels, only for the income over and above the brackets is the tax rate higher.

Back
Top Bottom