• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Help name that wine...

TennesseeRain

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
a friend created a blush wine from upstate NY and he needs a name. I know someone here is clever enough to come up with something. So, in the words of Pat Benatar....Hit me with your best shot!

Upstate....

Thats my choice.

Or.....
Love Juice?
Crunk?
Invine?
Sunrise Dunes?
NY Squeeze?
Cat Tail?
Attractive?
More Than Water?
Evening Companion?
Sawed off leg?

Chateau Sangreal

Adirosedack
Red or Pink Yankee
Blushing Yankee
Appleknocker (this is a term I've heard to describe residents of upstate NY)

Some combination of the type of grapes he used, and the name of the place he grew them.
That seems to be what most wine names consist of.

For instance: Hudson Valley Cinsaut.

Or: Wittenberg Mountain Grenache.

I think that's the typical way wine-naming is done.
Not knowing where he's from or what type of grapes he used, I really can't make up the name for him.

Brimstone.....

Well, there's already a Fat Bastard, so that one's out.

Actually, picking an appropriate name for wine is probably as important as its taste. I've bought more than a few bottles of Fat Bastard just for the effect. Occasionally order an Effin vodka tonic as well.

Maybe think along those lines. I rather likecIndependent's Brimstone. Might consider Fire & Brimstone, since F&B has a nice rhythm to it. "I'll have a glass of F&B blush, please."

Or, how about First Date? "I'll have a glass of First Date blush, please."

Last edited:
You say it's a blush?

The obvious name should be Embarassed.

Go with an obscure color name that describes the shade of the wine
Word List: Definitions of Color Words

Pyrrhous
Rubious
sorrel

I never remember multi-names for anything I've drunk. . . I will always remember short or unique single-word names and stick with it for years . . . as do most people. Whenever something becomes a well-known name, brand or trademark it's often because it's easy to remember, sounds unique, and is easy to recognize anywhere.

Gin
Vodka
Coke
Rum

So - whatever you do - I'd suggest you stick to this tried and true in labeling and marketing.

If I can't remember a name - then I won't recognize it on the shelf amid the hundreds of bottles around it. . . and I won't buy it again even if I want to - especially if there's just one version, thus making it *less* obvious while sitting there. The only way around a complicated and easy to forget name is a striking bottle-design or label-art.
I have a favorite wine, the title is wordy - and so I only recognize it by the label picture. If they ever change it I'll be lost and sad and no longer a customer. :(

If he wants to get precise and wordy he can have a basic "name" and then a lengthier "sub-name" that gives more details about it's flavor or location, etc.

Last edited:
"fancy wine in a box and a duck on the label"

Back
Top Bottom