• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello. My name is Tothian.

Tothian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hello. My name is Tothian. And I like to be called Tothian.

I had first gotten interested in politics from an early age, but the interest started out with being interested in the U.S. Presidents and learning about them, and even the interesting trivia. Over time, I learned more and got more interested and involved.

I'd been through military school, the Marine Reserves, studied various things, like philosophy, politics, criminology, mostly on my own.

I had once been elected - as a write in candidate, to the Republican County Committee, serving 1 term and choosing not to seek re-election. I've been involved with other campaigns, attending campaign meetings, meeting the candidates, signing petitions and getting others to sign petitions to get candidates on the ballot, making phone calls to get people to support the candidate of my choice, and using various forms of social media to promote my candidates. I like the strategic aspect of both campaigns and politics.

Anyway, it's cool to find some forums to discuss politics so that I don't have to only bore people I know about it. I look forward to discussions with you all, whether we agree or disagree I look forward to it all.

Oh and I'm a registered Republican, but with Conservative Libertarian/Tea Party views.

Welcome Tothian, glad to meet you!

Last edited:
Welcome to our little corner of the internet, Tothian.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of posters here to either bore or enrage. You having been in an elected position may provide some different insights, or just make the target on your back easier to see for some. :lol:

Welcome, brah. Punch bowl's over there. Hos in the back.

Welcome Tothian, glad to meet you!

Thank you! You too.

Welcome to our little corner of the internet, Tothian.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of posters here to either bore or enrage. You having been in an elected position may provide some different insights, or just make the target on your back easier to see for some. :lol:

Thank you for the welcome!

And it wasn't that high of an elected position. When I was elected, I couldn't even find the results online. So I didn't know what happened until I'd gotten a letter from the Clerk's office - I think County, possibly could've been my municipality but I'm pretty sure it was County. It was a green certificate.

Do you all ever get any other elected officials on here?

Welcome, brah. Punch bowl's over there. Hos in the back.

Hahaha alright.

Back
Top Bottom