• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you seen the Queen in person?

She's so well traveled (22 times to Canada, 17 to the US I think) that I bet a lot of people here have seen her in person.

I've seen her twice. The first time was in a little town called Portage-la-Prairie, Manitoba when she visited for our centenary in 1970. I was 11 years old and our entire school was bussed to the park for the occasion. My brother who was 9 was closer and shook hands with Prince Philip. He also shook hands with an RCMP officer. My brother was a very enthusiastic hand-shaker that day. "You shook hands with a cop, idiot" I offered helpfully.

I also saw her at the Manitoba Legislature in 2002. The crowds were larger there but we were on a hill (Manitoba does so have hills!) and had a good view as she walked along greeting people in the crowd.

Indicative of her travels is that she visited Manitoba a total of five times during her reign. For centennial celebrations, art gallery openings etc. It was always a really big deal.
When I was married and living in the UK my ex wife did meet the Queen Mother as part of a racehorsing charity in Newmarket. It was reported the old girl was very personable and had a quick wit.

That is as close as this queen ever got.

Been to Buckingham and Windsor but the Queen wasn't at either at the time.
Where you on one of the tours?

I never did get a chance when in the UK, it always was sold out, tickets.

I repeat, way too much time on your hands as with anyone who trolls.

You haven't said anything that bears seeing.

Good bye
Canadians are touchy with their queens.

Jealous?

Something you would like to confess? 😂😂
I'm part Canadian, but more importantly, part Irish (and a citizen).

The royals can slag off....

Where you on one of the tours?

I never did get a chance when in the UK, it always was sold out, tickets.
No, no tour, just an adventure while husband was playing soldier.

She's so well traveled (22 times to Canada, 17 to the US I think) that I bet a lot of people here have seen her in person.

I've seen her twice. The first time was in a little town called Portage-la-Prairie, Manitoba when she visited for our centenary in 1970. I was 11 years old and our entire school was bussed to the park for the occasion. My brother who was 9 was closer and shook hands with Prince Philip. He also shook hands with an RCMP officer. My brother was a very enthusiastic hand-shaker that day. "You shook hands with a cop, idiot" I offered helpfully.

I also saw her at the Manitoba Legislature in 2002. The crowds were larger there but we were on a hill (Manitoba does so have hills!) and had a good view as she walked along greeting people in the crowd.

Indicative of her travels is that she visited Manitoba a total of five times during her reign. For centennial celebrations, art gallery openings etc. It was always a really big deal.
No, I never did...I have not met any Monarch in my entire life.

I don't suppose I ever really thought about it.:unsure:

Was she a fan of Manchester or Arsenal?
If you're ever talking to the Queen about football you've had a very bad day indeed.

If you're ever talking to the Queen about football you've had a very bad day indeed.
Someone must have at some point though.

Good stuff.

But I hate to tell you that that was a prairie dog mound.

Real hills begin in western Alberta and become mountains in BC
It holds something like 80,000 people. I think it's the biggest venue in london.

Yeah as if !!!!

I forget the number but she visited Canada more than any other country. It was said she loved how she was loved in Canada and adored the adoring crowds. I read in some of her obituaries that she never tired of meeting Canadians.

I did. She was in Williamsburg/Jamestown and Richmond, VA in 2007 for the 400th Anniversary.

I caught sight of the Queen’s hat as she rode through London in a fancy carriage for some celebration. I was struck by how subdued the crowd was — a few restrained cheers as she rode by — and not an air horn to be heard. I was there by happenstance — on vacation before heading off to the European continent.

I was more impressed by the young man who had been carrying a large flag with “Bannockburn” printed on it. Several in the crowd identified him as a Scot, which I guessed came from the flag. Later I learned the significance of the battle at Bannockburn.

I nearly saw her when she visited Salem in Germany.

Back
Top Bottom