• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Have you ever been robbed or burglarized?

Have you ever been robbed or burglarized

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronpaulvoter

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
A simple question: How many times have you been robbed or burglarized?

Vote in the poll for the number of times.

Please describe your situations, how you handled them, and your success in giving the thieves some serious justice.

Last edited:
I was robbed once at gun point at an old job a had when I was a little older than High School age. I was handling the register and this waste of human excrement pulled a gun and demanded the money. I promply opened the register and gave him the money.

If I any inclination that the gun the perpetrator was brandishing was not loaded, I would have jumped over the counter and beat the ever loving **** out of him.

Almost. This was years ago and I watched as a burgler tried to enter my home by lifting up the screen and sticking her body in. I asked her what she was doing and she walked away. Police were called and picked her up but although her entire upper torso was she hadn't put a foot in and was released the next day.

Every time I took the bus from Alamogordo to Cheyenne, security at the Albuquerque bus station would be doing weapons checks and I had to ditch my knife. Every time I had a layover in Denver, I got mugged. Total of four times.

I don't ride the bus anymore.

I've had my house burglarized a few times while I was out. Only once had someone break into my house when I was home, and he was collecting a debt my roommate owed him. Ended up slipping a screwdriver into his ribcage for his trouble.

There've been a few other incidents, over the years, but nothing really interesting.

Once when I was away on vacation. The only thing taken was a jewelry box (containing jewelry, but nothing especially valuable).

way over 5, but none involved giving the criminal what for, so no tale to tell here :shrug:

Man, I put 1 time for simplification, but I might as well tell y'all the other part. The kid who had come into our house had also stolen my strong surgery medicine the last few times I had surgery. Not all of it, but there was always less than there was supposed to be in the bottles. After he got arrested another kid told someone who told my brother that he always had him come in and take my surgery medicine. It must've been true because only we knew that my medicine was disappearing. He did it while I was actually recovering from surgeries. Probably also after I quit taking it. They can't prove it was him though but we've always suspected...

I'll just mention that he went to an adult detention center jail thing and all the people who's house he robbed have pressed charges. Now I wish they could do the same to the kid who likes strong surgery medicine...>_<

I guess I'm lucky.

Once in Saint Louis I was walking, alone, in a pretty bad part of town, when I get circled up by three guys who pull out knives. Two of 'em were big - as in overweight - and one was small, as in 120 pounds max. Without thinking, I sprinted headfirst right at the small one (who cut my arm but nothing major), knocked him over, and took off sprinting. The other two gave chase for only a block or so until I was in a more public area.

I didn't even think about what I did, and it was stupid, but it worked. I realize now that I could've been messed up much worse. But I honestly reacted about two seconds after they had started to circle me.

I don't know if this counts as a robbing considering they didn't get any money.

I was the target of a mugging in the mid 1980's. I had a gun, they didn't. one of them lost rather badly. The other merely pooped his pants and ran away into the hands of the constabulary

I have had a gun pulled on me, but it was because my friend wanted to fight the guy. I was not going to fight and my idiot friend barely listened as I said the guy was reaching for a gun. We left and he chased us like a freaking madman. I don't blame the guy, but I was completely innocent and it completely sucked to have this crazy guy chasing us in his car through housing tracks for five minutes sticking his gun out of the window as if he was gonna pop a few off at any second.

I hope my "friend" learned his lesson. He was one of the few advanced martial artists that I knew that didn't think about the "only fighting as a last resort" motto.

Another time, some guy in a drive by / road rage incident shot a gun in our direction as we were exiting the freeway. I am not sure if it was at us, but he was looking in our direction. There were a couple of cars though. We did nothing to anybody, so I can't imagine why the guy would have shot at us in particular.

One time as a kid, I was standing in the garden talking with my friend and his mom as some strange guy got off his bike a few meters away and walked calmly up to my back fence and started trying to climb over. He was on drugs and could'nt get over the fence. The mom took us inside and called the cops and they came within a minute and arrested him as he was trying to bike away.

I have been in a lot of other situations, but none involving mugging or anything. Fights, breaking them up and stuff.

When I was in college, somebody broke into my dorm and stole my laptop and digital camera. My roommate and I were both gone and he had forgotten to lock the door.

I've never had anyone pull a weapon on me, or rob me personally. But then I've lived a sheltered life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom