• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has Trump recieved any bill that would fund (open) the government?

I linked to it. I am tired of doing your own research.

I asked for the bill number or a link to the bill number in my OP and in my reply and you don't have any. You linked to a media outlet that tells you what ever they want, they can be lieing for all I know. That's why I asked for the bill number.

Red:
  1. The 115th Congress, like all prior Congresses, adjourned sine die. Accordingly, H.R. 695 is forever unavailable for consideration; thus no members of Congress are "now filibustering" H.R. 695.
  2. Dems in the 115th Congress didn't filibuster it. H.R. 695 passed unanimously.

Pink:
At the moment, Mitch McConnell is the only reason no appropriations bills have been sent to the WH.
H.R. 695 is still under consideration in the Senate so it can be put to a vote if cloture is invoked.
https://www.c-span.org/congress/bills/bill/?115/hr695

If republicans vote on something that doesn't have funding for more barriers on the border they will get primaried for sure. If those republicans pass a good bill that there primary voter agree but Trump vetos then their constituents will understand and turn on Trump.

Doesn't work that way. You need to win the primary to get elected. A primary is usually made of the most vociferous and active members in the party.. in other words.. its way less moderate and way more radical. So.. If republican pass a bill.. that the president vetoes.. for ANY reason.. then they will face challenges in the primary. Doesn;t matter if its a good bill or a bad bill.. its the way politics are.

And that costs them a senate or house seat.

Despite the fact that if you had actually won your primary.. you would then beat the democrat in the general election because you would have done what the majority of your constituents wanted.

At one time.. primaries were done by less radical people.. people that understood that a politician in an area that was say 50/50 republican/democrat. would have to be more moderate. If your primary elected someone that was too radical.. then you risked losing that seat in the general election.

Now.. the radicals are in charge. They don't care.. in fact.. Trump made fun of the House republicans that lost their seats in the last election.

Mcconnel is in a tight spot. And the best way for him to protect the Senate majority, and the republican party is to NOT hold a vote until the president is willing to sign a compromise bill.

I asked for the bill number or a link to the bill number in my OP and in my reply and you don't have any. You linked to a media outlet that tells you what ever they want, they can be lieing for all I know. That's why I asked for the bill number.

pooh. I linked to an article that stated when the bill was passed and what was in it.

In fact.. the article actually had a link to the house bill...

https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20180319/BILLS-115SAHR1625-RCP115-66.pdf

H.R. 695 is still under consideration in the Senate so it can be put to a vote if cloture is invoked.

Red:
  1. The 115th Congress, like all prior Congresses, adjourned sine die. Accordingly, H.R. 695 is forever unavailable for consideration; thus no members of Congress are "now filibustering" H.R. 695.
  2. Dems in the 115th Congress didn't filibuster it. H.R. 695 passed unanimously.

Pink:
At the moment, Mitch McConnell is the only reason no appropriations bills have been sent to the WH.

Thanks for the info Xelor I did not know; Once a Congress adjourns, however, at the end of its two-year cycle, all bills that have been introduced in either the House or the Senate that have not made it through the entire legislative process and signed into law are dead.

Thanks for the info Xelor I did not know; Once a Congress adjourns, however, at the end of its two-year cycle, all bills that have been introduced in either the House or the Senate that have not made it through the entire legislative process and signed into law are dead.

You're welcome.

FWIW, I didn't either, but I bothered to check before I posted my comments regarding what happens to "unfinished" legislation at the end of a Congress.

Last edited:
We here a lot of this is Trumps shutdown mainly due to a commit he said to Sen. Chuck at the white house. But for one to actually take the blame for a shutdown he would have to be the one to actually stop something.
All the actual evidence I've seen (not the made up media junk) is that a spending bill passed the Senate but never was brought up in the house. Another bill which passed the senate was amended to add funded for the wall was passed in the house and the senate now is debating it in the senate, but cannot vote on it until a cloture vote is received which democrats are successfully filibustering.
So If the shutdown is Trumps fault were are the bill (please provide the bill number) that are awaiting his signature or veto?

Actually the hold up is McConnell, who says he will not have the Senate vote on a bill that does not meet Trump's approval. the Dems have sent several bills to the Senate that are sitting on MCConnell's desk. Even GOP Senator's say that if those wills were brought to a vote, they would pass, but that would mean trump would either have to back down and sign them, or he would have to veto them. McConnell is saving Trump from those veto's.

Back
Top Bottom