• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has there ever been a successful government program?

Or, maybe I do, and you don't like the answer.

No, no. What your wrote in your opening post clearly displays you really have no clue how government programs work, else you wouldn't have posted such ridiculous garbage.

But, hey, for the sake of conversation, let's say you're correct.

Yeah, let's just leave it in the air and "say" I'm correct.

I note that you made zero effort to enlighten me.

I'm not sure somebody who thinks government programs are made to "end" can really be enlightened.

Let me put it to you this way. Do you think the purpose of having a police force is to "end" crime?

But the program was a success.

That was your question. There's your answer
Then it is blindingly obvious that you didn't understand the question. The program, albeit renamed, still exists. That's the core point of the question.

Here's another - The program to kill Osama bin Laden.

Mission accomplished, and the dept has been shut down
Really? I was not aware that the US military has since been shut down, and the "war on terror" ended. I must've missed the network news that night.

No, no. What your wrote in your opening post clearly displays you really have no clue how government programs work, else you wouldn't have posted such ridiculous garbage.

Yeah, let's just leave it in the air and "say" I'm correct.

I'm not sure somebody who thinks government programs are made to "end" can really be enlightened.

Let me put it to you this way. Do you think the purpose of having a police force is to "end" crime?
Translation: You got nothin'.

Then it is blindingly obvious that you didn't understand the question. The program, albeit renamed, still exists. That's the core point of the question.

The program has ended.

The agency that was in charge of the program still exists

Your criteria was demented, which is why no one agrees with you. That should be a clue, but some people don't know what to do with a clue

Really? I was not aware that the US military has since been shut down, and the "war on terror" ended. I must've missed the network news that night.

I see you're sticking with the demented argument that we still have a program to kill OBL. :screwy

The program has ended.

The agency that was in charge of the program still exists

Your criteria was demented, which is why no one agrees with you. That should be a clue, but some people don't know what to do with a clue

I see you're sticking with the demented argument that we still have a program to kill OBL. :screwy

As I have said before, the concept was too much for you. Carry on.

Translation: You got nothin'.

No, I did indeed pose a question in answer to your plea for me to "enlighten you". One you've yet to answer.

Can somebody name one... just one... government program that was such an unqualified success, and because it was a success, that it was ended because it was no longer needed?
The Civil War.

Don't forget the Revolutionary War, The Indian Wars, WWI and WWII, and many others if you're counting individual wars as programs.

They were all successful, and they all came to an end!

Don't forget the Revolutionary War, The Indian Wars, WWI and WWII, and many others if you're counting individual wars as programs.

Technically, the Revolutionary War wouldn't count because the US government did not yet exist. Though real wars... as opposed to "wars", i.e.: 'war on drugs', etc... wouldn't qualify as a program.

Technically, the Revolutionary War wouldn't count because the US government did not yet exist. Though real wars... as opposed to "wars", i.e.: 'war on drugs', etc... wouldn't qualify as a program.

The War on Drugs should count as 5 failed programs because we've been losing it for so long!

Back
Top Bottom