• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harry Reid: There will be no filibuster on spending bill in the Senate.

at the rate hes going,it looks like he will be next president.

the simple fact democrats at liberals attack him every chance they get shows they absolutely fear him.

ofcourse you could claim hes too conservative blah blah blah,but liberals have pushed for liberal republcans like mcain and romney,and voted for neither,and liberals in america are a minority,conservatives and conservative moderates make up the majority,while moderates make up a good chunk,and liberals make up a small group compared tomoderates,even the democrat party is made up of more moderates than liberals.

but ofcourse asking democrats andliberals how to make the gop win is like asking the fox how to protect the henhouse from fox attacks,in the end the fox never intented to protexct the hens,only to mislead them.in the last 2 elections,democrats attacked every republican not left of center as too extreme,republicans took the safe bet as they called it and lost.so why would someone who energizes a conservative base never be president,unless your going to claim the republican establishment wont allow it,much like they did with ron paul with constant attacks.

Believe what ever you want to believe, won't cost me a nickel.

The person who takes Obama's place in 2017 will be a Democrat. The only way that Ted Cruz will ever see the inside of the White House is as a visitor.

"[B]Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.[/B]

What do I think?
He's a politician that is standing up for what he believes. You have a problem with that?

I don't like Ted Cruz and I don't like any of his out of touch ideas. In the not-distant future he and the rest of the Tea Party will join the Whigs.

Demographic change in the USA doesn't favor those out of touch losers.

I waste very little time even thinking about them.

What do I think? He's a politician that is standing up for what he believes. You have a problem with that?

Well, you and I have a slightly different take on Mr.Ted Cruz, I see him as a creepy,far-right dirt-bag whose wacky ideas are bad for most Americans and therefore aren't going to happen.

Cruz's clownish 'filibuster' will have the same effect on Obamacare as George Wallaces standing in the schoolhouse door had on integration. Cruz succeeded in making himself and by connection the Tea Party look stupid. Voters will remember this sad performance.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Last edited:
Well, you and I have a slightly different take on Mr.Ted Cruz, I see him as a creepy,far-right dirt-bag whose wacky ideas are bad for most Americans and therefore aren't going to happen.

Cruz's clownish 'filibuster' will have the same effect on Obamacare as George Wallaces standing in the schoolhouse door had on integration. Cruz succeeded in making himself and by connection the Tea Party look stupid. Voters will remember this sad performance.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

I see you as a far left extremists pretending to be in the center

I think voters will remember who saddled them with Obamacare and who fought it at every turn. That will make Cruz look very good among those who don't like Obamacare and very bad among those who like it.

Harry Reid can go suck goat nuts.

I see you as a far left extremists pretending to be in the center

It's a free country, believe whatever you want to believe, won't cost me a nickel and will have zero effect on my life.

"A conservative is a man wiyh two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

I think voters will remember who saddled them with Obamacare and who fought it at every turn. That will make Cruz look very good among those who don't like Obamacare and very bad among those who like it.

I hope they do remember that ACA allowed their kids to stay on their plans past 18 years of age, stopped the shameful practice of using preexisting conditions to deny coverage, and ended the lunacy of caps on coverage.

Ultimately, GOP propaganda against Obamacare will fail when people see the difference between it and the GOP's failed system of all power to the insurance companies.

I hope they do remember that ACA allowed their kids to stay on their plans past 18 years of age, stopped the shameful practice of using preexisting conditions to deny coverage, and ended the lunacy of caps on coverage.

Ultimately, GOP propaganda against Obamacare will fail when people see the difference between it and the GOP's failed system of all power to the insurance companies.

Yeah, they see that, but they also see that could have been done on it's own without the rest of the nightmare. As to that last, early indications are that folks are staring down the barrel of Obamacare and begging for the trigger not to be pulled.

I think voters will remember who saddled them with Obamacare and who fought it at every turn.
That will make Cruz look very good among those who don't like Obamacare
and very bad among those who like it.

Cruz is a clownish loser who has dreams of moving into the White House.

That is not going to happen.

Yeah, they see that, but they also see that could have been done on it's own without the rest of the nightmare. As to that last, early indications are that folks are staring down the barrel of Obamacare and begging for the trigger not to be pulled.

Given the virulence of conservative propaganda against Obamacare, this is to be expected. But as usual, conservative lies won't survive the advent of reality.

You've lost another one, but it's fun to watch conservative squirm in hope.

Given the virulence of conservative propaganda against Obamacare, this is to be expected. But as usual, conservative lies won't survive the advent of reality.

You've lost another one, but it's fun to watch conservative squirm in hope.

That's just silly. The misinformation and lies has flowed freely from both "sides" of the issue with those of us in the middle having to live with the ugly result. Yes, I lost, we all did - the day they passed this idiocy. Because no matter how bad the bill no one bothered to read before passage gets to be, it now has the stubborn permanence that all such government efforts tend to take on once passed.

Cruz is a clownish loser who has dreams of moving into the White House.

That is not going to happen.

What's funny is that you can almost see the wheels turning in his head: "I'm on Fox News, everybody is going to remember the Green Eggs and Ham bit, I'm going to be president!"

That's just silly. The misinformation and lies has flowed freely from both "sides" of the issue with those of us in the middle having to live with the ugly result. Yes, I lost, we all did - the day they passed this idiocy. Because no matter how bad the bill no one bothered to read before passage gets to be, it now has the stubborn permanence that all such government efforts tend to take on once passed.

Nope, there's no misinformation about Obamacare from Obama. Indeed, he could have done a better job selling. The agitprop is from conservative and the rightwing noise machine. Nothing but disinformation from day one.

What's funny is that you can almost see the wheels turning in his head:
"I'm on Fox News, everybody is going to remember the Green Eggs and Ham bit, I'm going to be president!"

If Cruz seriously thinks(Dreams.) that he will ever be elected president of the USA, his Green Eggs and Ham are scrambled. That Canuck will never see the inside of the White House except as a visitor.

If Cruz seriously thinks(Dreams.) that he will ever be elected president of the USA, his Green Eggs and Ham are scrambled. That Canuck will never see the inside of the White House except as a visitor.

agreed.

now add Hillary Clinton to the list of never will be president.

Nope, there's no misinformation about Obamacare from Obama. Indeed, he could have done a better job selling. The agitprop is from conservative and the rightwing noise machine. Nothing but disinformation from day one.

The desperation shown by the right and the repeated failures they're willing to endure in their effort to scrap obamacare at any cost has cost them all credibility on the issue. If nothing else it shows they will say and do anything that has even a small chance of ending it, because they have no legitimate reason for doing so and will thus take up any line of reasoning that even comes close to sounding logical. Human rights, constitutionality, fiscal Armageddon, gloom, doom, slippery slope towards UHC, UHC horror stories that aren't really relevant, 41 failed attempts and still looking for a new angle to try...... maybe a filibuster? But even republican leadership can see how they look now and which way the cards are falling, and even they say this is too much........ hell even Cruz knows this is too much, but this is about 2016 not obamacare. Cruz just doesn't realize that the conservative base isn't enough to win the presidency anymore, as romney showed us.

The thing is if you close your eyes for a minute, block out the ranting and raving, and just inhale sharply through your nose, you'll get the overwhelming scent of fear oozing out of the right. And like it was previously stated, it's the fear of obamacare's success. They've invested so heavily in its failure that it would cost them elections for the next 10 years if it succeeded (I exaggerate only slightly). In the world of politics, when the stakes are this high, you go into win-at-any-cost mode, even if it means sabotaging and slandering something that's really an improvement.

It sure is fun to sit and watch them slowly tighten their own noose though.

The failure of the left, I agree, is that they didn't think they had to sell it to the people.. Maybe they were too comfortable in their majority, maybe they thought it would speak for itself. Either way, they left the door unlocked and ajar. Republicans still knocked the door down and made a grand show of it all.

How could she not survive a national democratic election?

because she sucks.

the same reason she lost the last one to some previously unknown candidate

That supposes people who dislike Obamacare are also comfortable with Cruz threatening our economic and political stability.

LOL....those are just the propoganda/lies that the Repubs have been pushing that are going to be exposed. This is the main reason they don't want the ACA to go forward. The American people will clearly see which party has their back and which one is trying to stick a knife in it most of the time.

What an awesome response! The Los Angeles Times, ultra lib paper of the west, publishing propoganda from the Repubs.

:rock

That supposes people who dislike Obamacare are also comfortable with Cruz threatening our economic and political stability.

AND if people feel Obamacare is a greater threat to their own economic stability than a bunch of congress critters having to work overtime at just how much more they're going to increase the debt we have no hope of repaying as it is.

Back
Top Bottom