• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hamas wins majority in parliamentary elections

Dondie said:
Not so laska. Point #1 is way off base. Non agressor? Survival? Buffer zones? Good Lord,what a bunch of bull dinky. :doh

Point #1 is very accurate. Try studying the subject instead of whining through the ignorance of what you want to believe.

It's too bad that reality continues to upset your delicate imaginations. War is war. There is a winner and a loser. Without the aggressing of the Arab and Persian Muslims against Israel, there wouldn't have to be a winner or a loser. The Arab world has tried to "purge" their lands of the "invaders" since the day after the UN drew the lines and made it as fair as possible. Fair wasn't good enough for the Muslim masses and greed took over. After numerous embarrassing defeats, they are left with less.

Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the history of combat and war. Learn what a defense is and what a FEBA (Forward Edge of the Battle Area) is. Through the defense of their nation, they have managed to repel aggressors and extended their FEBA. This allows for a wider area of defense before aggressors can manage to get inside city territory. If taken the time, you would find that militaries in every nation have practiced this tactic throughout history.

I love talking to ignorant people. They stumble all over themselves, because logic and wisdom escapes them. Emotion and apologetic "political correctness" always cloud their whining. It is also of note to acknowledge that most people that mire themselves solely on what is "right" and "wrong" have never had to face the option of "necessity." Yet, they are full of opinions for the people that do it constantly.

If Americans are to do their part for world peace by not attacking country's that did nothing to us or without UNSC authorization, then the Muslim community must do their part as well. The following falls far short of that. You do not solve problems or issues in this manner. This only creates more problems. While I support their right to be angry of the caricatures, I condemn their acts of rioting to voice that anger.

Lebanese protesters torch Danish mission
Muslims upset over Muhammad caricatures; Danes urged to leave Lebanon

Updated: 10:11 a.m. ET Feb. 5, 2006
BEIRUT, Lebanon - Thousands of Muslims rampaged Sunday in Beirut, setting fire to the Danish Embassy, burning Danish flags and lobbing stones at a Maronite Catholic church as violent protests spread over caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

Troops fired bullets into the air and used tear gas and water cannons to push the crowds back after a small group of Islamic extremists tried to break through the security barrier outside the embassy.

Demonstrators attacked policemen with stones and set fire to several fire engines, witnesses said. Black smoke was seen billowing from the area. Security officials said at least 18 people were injured, including policemen, fire fighters and protesters. Witnesses saw at least 10 people taken away by ambulance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10705393/

gyhj2xu.png
Peace can only work if it is unanimous.

Billo_Really said:
If Americans are to do their part for world peace by not attacking country's that did nothing to us or without UNSC authorization, then the Muslim community must do their part as well. The following falls far short of that. You do not solve problems or issues in this manner. This only creates more problems. While I support their right to be angry of the caricatures, I condemn their acts of rioting to voice that anger.

Peace can only work if it is unanimous.

And these are the kind of people that the rest of the world should cater to and digress their civilizations to make the playing field even?

This is a perfect example of what I have always said. It would appear that during times of stress, despair and frustration, people become increasingly irrational, and they do things, which they never think they are capable of. Throughout history, from the days of Jewish rebels against Rome and Islam’s early and recurrent fractures, through 16th-century Spanish Catholicism alarmed at the advent of alternate paths to salvation, to 19th-century Protestantism startled by Charles Darwin, religions under siege invariably have responded by returning to doctrinal rigor and insisting upon the damnation of nonbelievers. Each major religion has known its share of threats to its philosophical and practical integrity. Our age happens to be a losing era for Islam, when its functionality as a mundane organizing tool has decayed in much of the world—just as European Christianity had done by the beginning of the 16th century. They have been left behind by history and they cannot compete with the west on any front (save oil). Their passed down traditions, superstitions and historical myth do not work in the 21st century. It is no wonder that terrorism is viewed as a path of choice to defend what they believe.

.....even a cartoon is a good enough reason to kidnap, burn, destroy, and murder. Soon enough, people will start to pull way from this ideology of a group world hug and understanding and acknowledge that some people will refuse to "get along" no matter what we do. The fact that Radical Islam is determined to be at war with the west and progress (unabomber), should be a huge warning light to us. Especialy, with nukes on the horizon.

You are right..."Peace can only work if it is unanimous." We face millions of people who only want their peace and their "martyrs" are their heroes - and their is nothing short of killing them that will fix it.

Last edited:
Originally posted by GySgt:
And these are the kind of people that the rest of the world should cater to and digress their civilizations to make the playing field even?

This is a perfect example of what I have always said. It would appear that during times of stress, despair and frustration, people become increasingly irrational, and they do things, which they never think they are capable of. Throughout history, from the days of Jewish rebels against Rome and Islam’s early and recurrent fractures, through 16th-century Spanish Catholicism alarmed at the advent of alternate paths to salvation, to 19th-century Protestantism startled by Charles Darwin, religions under siege invariably have responded by returning to doctrinal rigor and insisting upon the damnation of nonbelievers. Each major religion has known its share of threats to its philosophical and practical integrity. Our age happens to be a losing era for Islam, when its functionality as a mundane organizing tool has decayed in much of the world—just as European Christianity had done by the beginning of the 16th century. They have been left behind by history and they cannot compete with the west on any front (save oil). Their passed down traditions, superstitions and historical myth do not work in the 21st century. It is no wonder that terrorism is viewed as a path of choice to defend what they believe.

.....even a cartoon is a good enough reason to kidnap, burn, destroy, and murder. Soon enough, people will start to pull way from this ideology of a group world hug and understanding and acknowledge that some people will refuse to "get along" no matter what we do. The fact that Radical Islam is determined to be at war with the west and progress (unabomber), should be a huge warning light to us. Especialy, with nukes on the horizon.

You are right..."Peace can only work if it is unanimous." We face millions of people who only want their peace and their "martyrs" are their heroes - and their is nothing short of killing them that will fix it.
Why am I not surprised at your post?

Billo_Really said:
Why am I not surprised at your post?

Because you secretly know I'm right or......you have come accustomed to my ability to be "un-politically correct," reality driven, and knowledged based while lacing it with a bit of "warmongering.":cool:

Originally posted by GySgt:
Because you secretly know I'm right or......you have come accustomed to my ability to be "un-politically correct," reality driven, and knowledged based while lacing it with a bit of "warmongering."
I will admit, there's some truth to that.

Billo_Really said:
I will admit, there's some truth to that.

I propose a general rebellion to champion the politically incorrect of the world and encourage a whole lot more of it. I am getting so sick of people looking past a track record, intent, or content to get mad or judgmental about some inadvertent word or phrase, or getting their shorts in a wad over some cartoon or parody poking fun at some ridiculous thing, I'm ready to lead the charge.

This isn't directed at you Billo. Your quote was just a convenient launching point for the rant.

Originally posted by AlbqOwl
I propose a general rebellion to champion the politically incorrect of the world and encourage a whole lot more of it. I am getting so sick of people looking past a track record, intent, or content to get mad or judgmental about some inadvertent word or phrase, or getting their shorts in a wad over some cartoon or parody poking fun at some ridiculous thing, I'm ready to lead the charge.

This isn't directed at you Billo. Your quote was just a convenient launching point for the rant.
I'm glad I could be of some assistance. I too, think it is stupid and silly to riot over cartoons. However, if someone dares to call Johnny Quest a *****, were gonna throw-down!

Originally posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
Johnny Quest is a *****.
Alright dude, it's on!

Back
Top Bottom