• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hamas/IsraelConflict Thread

"The $6 billion is still currently held in a Qatari bank account with U.S. Treasury oversight, I’m told. The money came from Iranian oil sales to South Korea and did not include U.S. taxpayer dollars. NK spokesperson Adrian Watson said in a statement, ‘Not a single cent from these funds has been spent and when it is spent it can only be spent on things like food and medicine for the Iranian people. These funds have absolutely nothing to do with the horrific attacks today, and this is not the time to spread disinformation.’ In fact, the US has pre-positioned $2 billion worth of weapons stored in Israel. I’m told the US will likely release some of these pre-positioned weapons to assist Israel in the coming days."

Given those funds have reportedly not even been touched yet, this is a non-sequiter.

Putins preparation for invading Ukraine began months prior to the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

I really fear the very real possibility of people thinking like that being in charge.

I am prejudice against nations and peoples committed to harming others, and that is a very accurate description of Hamas and its supporters.

Then that would mean you would be against your own country the most, seeing as it has committed more state terrorism than anyone else since the end of WW2. But you won't because you are evidently highly selective about these things.
Because I do not believe that is a fact.

Of course you won't, you prefer conformation bias to support your biased view but just so you cannot claim you have never been shown how or why............

With its takeover of Gaza after the 1967 war with Egypt, Israel hunted down secular Palestinian Liberation Organization factions, but dropped the previous Egyptian rulers' harsh restrictions against Islamic activists.[20] In fact, Israel for many years tolerated and at times encouraged Islamic activists and groups as a counterweight to the secular nationalists of the PLO and its dominant faction, Fatah.

Are you referring to the people who have been committed to Israel's destruction since the day of its founding?

Those people you are trying to refer to in the above were kids when Israel stole their houses in 1948 and thereafter, so no. I am talking about the current residents of Gaza who are virtually all children of Refugees and/or elderly refugees themselves. Over half the population are under 18, most, a vast majority have never left the strip and have suffered all the attacks by the IDF their entire lives.

I'm aware that Israel has enough regard for the civilians in Palestinian regions to often warn them before they attack. Can you make the same claim of the Palestinian leadership?

Oh please!! lol Talk about being unaware.

But let's play this theme out. The tap bombs you are referring to are a great PR tool for Israel but the context/reality of the situation is left out in many analyses.

1. It is illegal under international law to deliberately target civilian buildings . The focus on the tap takes away the focus on an attack on a civilian structure that has likely killed dozens of innocent civilians.

2 Even if people hear the tap amid the carnage of Israeli air /tank strikes all around them, how many actually have time to get out before the strike comes in?

3 They may leave one building and get hit traveling towards another one which might have had a tap or might not that they are unaware of. This happens with the much lauded leafleting tactic.

4 Tell me. What capacity do the Palestinians have to do the same if they wanted to? They have no facility to do it period.

But you're not rightly recoiling. You're excusing them and blaming Israel.

Nope read what I write. I condemn the resort to terrorism whoever engages in it, be it Hamas group terrorism or IDF state army terrorism.

I have blamed both BUT I have added context to your one sided diatribe that isn't actually built on any knowledge but rather just bog standard bias.
I care about people who care about human rights, and that is most certainly not the people who support Hamas. They are, in a word, barbaric.

No you don't. If you cared about human rights you would be denouncing the massive mass violations of Palestinian human rights at the hands of Israeli occupiers/army/settlers that are happening every second of every day, every day of the week ,every year for decades on end. It's me that has given them light in this discussion not you, you haven't even acknowledged them as mass right violations.

If they do it, they will be pushed into the Sainai.

I dislike terrorists, particularly those who kill unarmed civilians.

Hamas dug its own grave.

It's Sinai. :rolleyes:

And how do you expect them to burst through the Egyptian border because the Egyptian leadership isn't going to want them in Egypt.

Ain't it odd that here you are supporting the occupiers/settler colonialist over the military occupied and yet elsewhere you are denouncing the military occupiers when they aren't even on the same level when it comes to bombing civilians?

You too are just so selective so as not to be taken seriously about any of it imo

Your own state are the biggest state terrorists on the planet and have been for 70 years solid and I've never seen you utter a single word, let alone spam pictures of injuries to try to use emotion due to a lack of logical/reasonable argument.

It's Sinai. :rolleyes:
Oh, thanks for that. :)

And how do you expect them to burst through the Egyptian border because the Egyptian leadership isn't going to want them in Egypt.
This is true. I am not certain how that would work.

Ain't it odd that here you are supporting the occupiers/settler colonialist over the military occupied and yet elsewhere you are denouncing the military occupiers when they aren't even on the same level when it comes to bombing civilians?
I support Israel being allowed to live without being subjected to terrorist attacks. Particularly by a terrorist group that is getting arms and support from Iran.

You too are just so selective so as not to be taken seriously about any of it imo
You are welcome to your opinion.

Your own state are the biggest state terrorists on the planet and have been for 70 years solid and I've never seen you utter a single word, let alone spam pictures of injuries to try to use emotion due to a lack of logical/reasonable argument.

Nonsense.

This argument is often made by Arab nations who dislike the fact that we support Israel.

A fifteen minute warning? I would hardly call that sufficient. Feels more like a token gesture. If someone gave me fifteen minutes to evacuate before destroying my home, I would be upset, to say the least. Assuming I was able to get out.
15 minutes more than Hamas ever gives, and you know it.

How about massacring women and children?

Never claimed Israel was without fault. I do claim that as a government, a military, and a culture they are morally superior to the Palestinians, and what we've been witnessing from the news media these last few days is clear evidence of that.

Left wing logic: What's going on these past few days is horrible, but Israel is to blame for Hamas.

I represent myself, not the Left Wing

No, what has gone on in the last few day is horrible but what has befallen the Palestinians for decades in Gaza and elsewhere is also horrible but you aren't bothered because the vast majority of the victims over that time have been Palestinians.

It's always the same, while Palestinians are dying on a daily basis, there is little or no outcry except for in the margins but when the death toll tips the other way people start up with alleged concern over human rights abuses and disgust at the level of violence.

Did you condemn the thousands of Palestinian casualties during the March of Return protests? Innocent people being gassed and shot at by army snipers?

No wonder the rank and file Palestinians don't give a flying about what people in the West think about their actions.

Then that would mean you would be against your own country the most, seeing as it has committed more state terrorism than anyone else since the end of WW2. But you won't because you are evidently highly selective about these things.
You can peddle that propaganda elsewhere. I'm not buying.

Of course you won't, you prefer conformation bias to support your biased view but just so you cannot claim you have never been shown how or why............

See post 4 if you want to read what Hamas aspires to be.

Those people you are trying to refer to in the above were kids when Israel stole their houses in 1948 and thereafter, so no. I am talking about the current residents of Gaza who are virtually all children of Refugees and/or elderly refugees themselves. Over half the population are under 18, most, a vast majority have never left the strip and have suffered all the attacks by the IDF their entire lives.

But let's play this theme out. The tap bombs you are referring to are a great PR tool for Israel but the context/reality of the situation is left out in many analyses.

1. It is illegal under international law to deliberately target civilian buildings . The focus on the tap takes away the focus on an attack on a civilian structure that has likely killed dozens of innocent civilians.
The problems starts with Hamas using civilians as shields. And are you going to pretend that Hamas limits its activities to only military targets?

2 Even if people hear the tap amid the carnage of Israeli air /tank strikes all around them, how many actually have time to get out before the strike comes in?
Quickly.

3 They may leave one building and get hit traveling towards another one which might have had a tap or might not that they are unaware of. This happens with the much lauded leafleting tactic.

4 Tell me. What capacity do the Palestinians have to do the same if they wanted to? They have no facility to do it period.
And that's a very good thing. I shudder to think of the loss of life should real weapons ever be in the hands of Hamas.

It all comes to this: I'll stand with the region's only functioning democracy and its only post-Enlightenment culture. You stand with the Mullahs and terrorists, if it suits you.

Never claimed Israel was without fault. I do claim that as a government, a military, and a culture they are morally superior to the Palestinians, and what we've been witnessing from the news media these last few days is clear evidence of that.
So the killing of Palestinian civilians is justified because they are culturally inferior to Israelis, is that what you are saying?

We will pray throughout the day for Israel's moment of a "tooth for a tooth". I expect to see Gaza no more. Bring it all down. All of it.

So Gaza should be part of Israel? including full citizenship? Sounds great to me

"Germany reviews aid for Palestinians as Scholz assures Netanyahu of support

Germany is reviewing its hundreds of millions of euros of humanitarian aid to the Palestinian territories, Development Minister Svenja Schulze said Sunday.

She said although Germany had been careful to check that the donor money was only used for peaceful ends, the nature of the current attack by the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas marked a "terrible turning point."

"We will now review our entire engagement for the Palestinian territories," Schulze said.

Germany would discuss with Israel how development projects in the region could best be served, but she added it was also in the country's interest for people in the Palestinian territories to be able to live in stability in the long term.

German development commitments currently total €250 million (around $265 million) and include funds for water supply and sanitation, health care, food security and job creation.

Half of that for bilateral projects via Germany's overseas aid agency and development bank, and the other half for the UN agency for the Palestinians, UNRWA.

Meanwhile, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz spoke with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and assured him of German support.

Scholz said Israel had the right to defend itself after the "barbaric attacks."

The German leader also planned to speak with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi, supporting Egypt's efforts to mediate and de-escalate the situation.

As a precaution, authorities have increased the protection of Israeli and Jewish institutions in Germany."

(This link is to some sort of livestream page that continually puts new articles at the top of the page. I couldn't find a link to a page devoted to this article alone.)

Got to wonder what the German Green party is for some times.

You
You absolutely would not feel that way if you were a Palestinian.

American media goes to great links to look anywhere except at the plight of Palestinian civilians lest if get landed on by the ADL as antisemitic. Israel can do anything it wants with “antisemite!” as it’s impenetrable shield.

How many people live in Gaza? As an outsider, if the numbers are moderate (its a tiny sliver) what would be the impact of Israel stomping on Hamas and then beginning a process of annexing it and making the Gazans Israeli citizens (aka as when the US adds states)?

It's not a realistic option imo

There are around 2.3 million Gazans and in any case the trick for the state of Israel has been how to acquire the land without acquiring the people living on it. At least that is how it has been done historically with no sign of a change in policy

How unrealistic is it to disperse the people in Gaza to other Arab countries where they might be less of a pain? Its a couple million people in a 25x10 mile area about 3x the size of Manhattan.

Does or does not the tapping work towards reducing civilian casualties?

It does. Regardless of your denial.

On the other hand HAMAS intentionally targets civilians.

Intentionally.

As a modus operandi.

And has publicly stated so.

How unrealistic is it to disperse the people in Gaza to other Arab countries where they might be less of a pain? Its a couple million people in a 25x10 mile area about 3x the size of Manhattan.

There are about 1.2 million people there.

After what happened, Israel is not going to just let them stay.

They and their terrorist government will be pushed out of the area.

You

You absolutely would not feel that way if you were a Palestinian.

American media goes to great links to look anywhere except at the plight of Palestinian civilians lest if get landed on by the ADL as antisemitic. Israel can do anything it wants with “antisemite!” as it’s impenetrable shield.

Stand with the terrorists if you must. I will only condemn them.

Then what point exactly are you trying to make by saying that the Palestinian Arabs are culturally inferior to Israelis?
That the lack any respect for basic human rights even among their own people, never mind the people of Israel.

Back
Top Bottom