• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

GunControl

Position on Gun Control?

• All guns should be banned.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • You should have to have a license to own guns.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • All guns should be allowed except for machineguns.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • There should be no or very few limits on possession or carrying of firearms.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • There should be significant limits on the types, features, possesion and strict carry laws

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Other- Please Specify

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
new coup for you said:
most hardcore pro-gun people live in really safe really white suburbs or rural america.

what are they so paranoid about?

Government, at the urging of the well meaning making our really safe, really white suburbs or rural america, into really unsafe suburbs and rural america.

That knifing in Albuquerque certainly wasn't in the worst part of town. I doubt the neighbors around there expected that sort of thing. But had the gentleman not had his gun and a willingness to use it in the victim's defense, the victim would almost certainly have been killed.

new coup for you said:
most hardcore pro-gun people live in really safe really white suburbs or rural america.

what are they so paranoid about?

Ahem.....There have been 2 times in the last 4 years that I would have pulled my sidearm and once when I knew that I would have fired. It is only because of my mother-in law's boyfriend (a former Marine) that I am alive today to speak of it.

These incidents happened in upper state N.Y. (not a "shall-issue" state), not in a white suburbia.

Long story short, one incident involved a charging 200lb. Rottwieler and the other involved a shiv-wielding gangbanger -vs- me and my 1 year old kid.
The details of each event are too long to go into here, but they reinforced my support of gun ownership.

So what am I paranoid about?....200lb. Rotwielers and shiv-wielding gangbangers...that's what.

Re: Gun rights infringement

new coup for you actually suggests that white people don't need to defend ourselves....what an ignorant ass....

At least he admits that negroes and mexicans are more likely to commit crimes....

Last edited:
new coup for you said:
are you really trying to impress me with crime and domestic violence

look where i live

There is nothing I can do for you if you continue to interpret my striate answers to your direct questions as a flaring of my ego with an intent to impress you.
This thread is not a talent show nor a popularity contest. Please do not treat it as such.
If you live in a high crime aria, than that is all the more reason for you to support gun ownership, not oppose it. The criminals that you may face will have no regard for the existing laws forbidding them to possess the weapon that they are about to use on you.

new coup for you said:
i'd like to see this "gangbanger"- upstate NY is pretty far from gangland.

Both incidents occurred in a little hole-in-the-ground town called Gloversville, a sub-comunity of Johnstown @ 45 minuets N. of Fonda, 60-70- minuets N.W. of Albany and Schenectady.

Gloversville used to be the glove making Capitol in the U.S. Back in the early 1900's it was booming with industry and was as close to a "white suburbia" as the early 1900's could get. Since the stock market crash, factory after factory shut down. Many people lost their Jobs.The children of thoughs who stayed grew up to work in ether the few remaining local factories (I worked at Keymark Co., one such factory) or the G.E. headquarters building turbine genorators.

Gloversville, specifically, has become a run down collection of old factory foundations, long-unused railways, retirement homes and aging houses. The majority of thoughs who live there today ether intend to die there or work far out of town (Albany and Schenectady).

The gangbanger in question was a 300lb. Mexican Crypt. His shivs were improvised box cutters. He was originally going after a 100lb. black guy weaving in and out of traffic on a small Huffy stunt bike. I got cawt on a sidewalk corner at a 4 way intersection: lots of traffic in the street, a fenced in house, the 300lb. gangbanger down one sidewalk and the 100 lb. black guy (who now was reaching for something in his pocket) down the other.

You might say " just take down the 100lb. black guy and take off", but that is easier said than don with a 1 year old in tow. Even if I tried, could I have escaped before the 300lb. gangbanger moved the 50ft. to get to his intended target? And that is to say nothing of the fact that he was rather pissed at me just for being there.

As it turned out, Brian (the former Marine) ran out into traffic and stopped it so that I could cross with my kid. He nearly got hit by a truck. As I crossed the 300lb gangbanger started to follow. It was clear at that point that I was his target now. Brian intercepted him. I'm not sure what Brian did that counseled the gangbanger agents the error of his ways, but it was probably smilier to when he stared down that 200lb. Rottie.

I'm leaving out allot of details of circomstance due to space, but please do not assume that Gloversville was with out it's criminal elements.

Back
Top Bottom