• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun rights group says it will sue over bump stock ban

On another note persons who choose to retain their bump stock as a form of civil disobedience, risking being charged with a felony if caught. The DOJ and local law enforcement are now faced with a more real threat of "at home gunsmiths" making real machine guns. If you are going to be charged with a felony, might as well get caught with a real machine gun, and not a plastic stock!

Gun Felony.jpg

LOL, I own one of the piston driven SIG "pistols" great car gun. Since I have a CCW, i Can keep that sucker loaded in my car or my wife can keep in loaded a scabbard on her driver's seat in her F350

See "5.11 tactical select carry sling bag" and "Law Tactical folding adapter". My .300 Blackout pistol with the 8.5" barrel fits perfectly.

On another note persons who choose to retain their bump stock as a form of civil disobedience, risking being charged with a felony if caught. The DOJ and local law enforcement are now faced with a more real threat of "at home gunsmiths" making real machine guns. If you are going to be charged with a felony, might as well get caught with a real machine gun, and not a plastic stock!

View attachment 67246347

we will see if they try putting people in prison for refusing to give those things up and if a few fight back. I wonder if the Courts will step in and say this is BS as we all know it is

Freaking great point.

Seriously though what happens next if someone installs a rubber band on their AR15, and opens fire on a crowd of unaware shoppers? Will the DOJ then change their minds about rubber bands being a machine gun conversion device.

Seriously though what happens next if someone installs a rubber band on their AR15, and opens fire on a crowd of unaware shoppers? Will the DOJ then change their minds about rubber bands being a machine gun conversion device.

I don't think that the ATF changed their minds . I think they just took their marching order from that Cheeto-faced sh1te gibbon in the Oval Office.

I don't think that the ATF changed their minds . I think they just took their marching order from that Cheeto-faced sh1te gibbon in the Oval Office.

It would be funny if Gorsuch and Kavanaugh help slap this down

https://thehill.com/regulation/421928-gun-rights-group-says-it-will-sue-over-bump-stock-ban

Gun Owners of America and its foundation said Tuesday they will challenge the Trump administration’s new ban on bump stocks and seek a court order to block the rule.

After the Department of Justice (DOJ) issued a final rule Tuesday to ban the device, which allows a semi-automatic weapon to be fired much more rapidly, the gun rights group said it will challenge the rule in court.
=======================================
These people are taking this 2nd A. stuff too far out of reality. Bump stocks serve no useful purpose.

Democrats are seeking courts to order Trump to keep the borders open. To hell with national security and stability. Republicans are seeking courts to stop liberals from slashing away American's 2nd amendment rights. Human courts are prone to failure and bad judgment. Thank God He is not.

Democrats are seeking courts to order Trump to keep the borders open. To hell with national security and stability. Republicans are seeking courts to stop liberals from slashing away American's 2nd amendment rights. Human courts are prone to failure and bad judgment. Thank God He is not.

maybe when God does something to stop the government from pissing on the constitution, I might put a bit more stock in your faith

The good medicine does still outweighs the bad. Bump stocks enable one to fire more rounds more quickly. The potential bad that can do outweighs the good feeling they provide a person who uses them. It is a legitimate government concern that may or may not pass court tests. The guy in Vegas wasn’t throwing antibiotics at the 58 he killed.

Yet Tylenol killed much more than that, so put away your fake concern about "saving lives".
You just want to ban guns and don't care about those deaths one bit.
You have already proven it to all of us.
Now come to grips with yourself and be honest with yourself.

The dead from Tylenol, children's drowning deaths, and others have no meaning to your gun banning agenda, so they do not matter and will not be mentioned.

You are no more concerned about "saving lives" than I am about the Dr. Phil show today.

No buyback, no grandfather clause, just instant criminalization after a certain date.

...and you gun banners said we were all paranoid.

IT JUST HAPPENED ON A NATIONAL LEVEL!

More proof leftists want every gun owner in the country in prison....and don't say i am paranoid.

Qualifier: I don't have one. I think they are stupid, but do see this for exactly what it is.....being an instant criminal for owning something that was legal a month ago, and this would be the only law you broke.

Last edited:
https://thehill.com/regulation/421928-gun-rights-group-says-it-will-sue-over-bump-stock-ban

Gun Owners of America and its foundation said Tuesday they will challenge the Trump administration’s new ban on bump stocks and seek a court order to block the rule.

After the Department of Justice (DOJ) issued a final rule Tuesday to ban the device, which allows a semi-automatic weapon to be fired much more rapidly, the gun rights group said it will challenge the rule in court.
=======================================
These people are taking this 2nd A. stuff too far out of reality. Bump stocks serve no useful purpose.
Bump stocks are not accurate and they are a waste of ammo but they are fun to shoot.
Would I use one in the unlocked position for self defense?Hardly.
Would I own one? Probably not. I like shooting to improve my skills not see how many times I can miss. Besides I don't need a bump stock for bump firing.
A bump stock used in Vegas shooting is a first. Most people had never even heard of them (gun control side and some pro gun people for that matter)but now it would seem that the anti gun side are experts on them or could it be you are listening to your masters and eating it up on the evils of them.
Banning them comes from the Parkland shooting where they weren't even involved. So the question is is Trump pandering to the 16-17 year olds that will be 18?
Addressing accuracy you don't need to be accurate just pointed close when firing down at 20,000+ packed in.

After Las Vegas, I think the overriding issue is public safety. You can legally buy machine guns from the right dealer with the right permits but these bump stocks are an unregulated equivalent of a machine gun.
Real quick (given the date of post)how many shootings have involved bump stocks. Put your thinking cap on.

Bump stocks are not accurate and they are a waste of ammo but they are fun to shoot.
Would I use one in the unlocked position for self defense?Hardly.
Would I own one? Probably not. I like shooting to improve my skills not see how many times I can miss. Besides I don't need a bump stock for bump firing.
A bump stock used in Vegas shooting is a first. Most people had never even heard of them (gun control side and some pro gun people for that matter)but now it would seem that the anti gun side are experts on them or could it be you are listening to your masters and eating it up on the evils of them.
Banning them comes from the Parkland shooting where they weren't even involved. So the question is is Trump pandering to the 16-17 year olds that will be 18?
Addressing accuracy you don't need to be accurate just pointed close when firing down at 20,000+ packed in.

yep, he was shooting fish in a barrel. He had twelve weapons. A competent shot with the rifles he had would have killed 4X as many.

I hope they succeed.

After Las Vegas, I think the overriding issue is public safety. You can legally buy machine guns from the right dealer with the right permits but these bump stocks are an unregulated equivalent of a machine gun.
So people will just have to bump fire without one.

Lol. It's just lip service to people who don't know any better.

You have a right to yell FIRE in a crowded movie theater but public safety will get you arrested, and worse if anyone is injured or killed as a result. Same thing: the public safety of the many trumps the personal rights of the few. (pun intended)

In Nazi Germany perhaps. That's not how it works here.

There aren't relatively a lot of people who own bump stocks so they are a vulnerable population.

Sadly, even though some of the arguments in support of those vulnerable people are sound, I fear those arguments will be turned against gun owners in general in the next bit of incrementalism.

Well tonically you can bump fire any semi auto by holding it A certain way so every semi auto has the capability.

So this is really just a dumb distinction.

See I really think this is an attempt to toss a superficial bone to people who don't know any better. I'm happy to see people fighting it. These people advocating fast bang scary thingies shouldn't even get a superficial bone.

Well tonically you can bump fire any semi auto by holding it A certain way so every semi auto has the capability.

So this is really just a dumb distinction.

See I really think this is an attempt to toss a superficial bone to people who don't know any better. I'm happy to see people fighting it. These people advocating fast bang scary thingies shouldn't even get a superficial bone.

I agree. I just fear that their next arguments have already been made for them.

Back
Top Bottom