• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Regulations and Media Coverage

I read an article a while back (What Bullets Do to Bodies on Highline, for those so inclined) that basically stated one of the major reasons we don’t have stricter gun regulations is that the impact on victims and the horror of the violence itself is not well understood due to its censorship by the media. Do you believe that this is true, and if so, do you think the full, uncensored impact of gun violence should be shown in mainstream online media?

They should make gun nuts walk past the bodies of victims, like those kids blown apart at Sandy Hook. Make them look at it, make them look at what their gun fetish and free and easy gun laws enable.
Let the entire nation look at it. The entire Gun Nut Nayshun.

He didnt say that guns commit crime, and literally NO ONE thinks that.
DERP

#FAIL
Gun crime, car crime, knife crime, blunt object crime, unarmed crime. All those terms are extensively used. Right?

They should make gun nuts walk past the bodies of victims, like those kids blown apart at Sandy Hook. Make them look at it, make them look at what their gun fetish and free and easy gun laws enable.

Who is "they"?

and bannerrhoids should have to walk past all the people murdered who didn't have arms to fight back. The 6 million victims of the nazis for starters. Since you are both a gun banner and a leftist, your side has far more deaths on your hands than honest gun owners.

Torked up today?
Yaping about nonsensical stuff because you don't support legal gun ownership.

Sandy Hook was caused by a lunatic who shot and killed his Mom then stole her legally owned weapon and caused the death and destruction.

Gun haters are a dangerous bunch!

Torked up today?
Yaping about nonsensical stuff because you don't support legal gun ownership.

Sandy Hook was caused by a lunatic who shot and killed his Mom then stole her legally owned weapon and caused the death and destruction.

Gun haters are a dangerous bunch!
gun banners are enemies of the Constitution

And I suspect that you will STRONGLY object when anyone, posts ANYTHING that says ANYTHING, REMOTELY negative about gun ownership in the least.
Whether the argument/objection you post is logical or otherwise.

Which makes your point of view on this subject rather useless as a source of anything legitimate and remotely, open-minded.
Well I mean just think of how many people will strongly object if you insist sodomy is a sexual dysphoria and that “born this way” is a media invention.

Were any kids at sandy hook actually “blown apart”? That seems to be assuming something. Maybe crime scene photos have been released and I haven’t seen them, but I doubt you have either.

For the most part movies and video games exaggerate the appearance of gun shot wounds and mostly they look less severe then what is shown. If you consider the ghouls on the left consider late term abortion a constitutional right, look up a picture of person after a fatal shooting versus the aftermath of a late term abortion and it’s no contest which is worse

Sandy Hook was caused by a lunatic who shot and killed his Mom then stole her legally owned weapon

Right.

And if that "legally owned weapon" had NOT been there, then it NEVER would have ended up being used to slaughter a bunch of children in a sleepy civilian neighborhood.
Thats why you dont ever want to have that stuff in civilian neighborhoods. Its not where it belongs.

Come on Common Sense, try to use some common sense OK bud? Its time.

Were any kids at sandy hook actually “blown apart”?

Have you ever seen what a .223 round does to a warm body?

I have. It aint pretty. Flesh explodes at that muzzle velocity.

I'm not going to post any graphic images here, but those children would have literally been disemboweled and dismembered.

>>>
I have seen a handful of AR-15 injuries in my career. Years ago I saw one from a man shot in the back by a swat team. The injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. The bullet from an AR-15 passes through the body like a cigarette boat traveling at maximum speed through a tiny canal. The tissue next to the bullet is elastic—moving away from the bullet like waves of water displaced by the boat—and then returns and settles back. This process is called cavitation; it leaves the displaced tissue damaged or killed. The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path. It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.

As a doctor, I feel I have a duty to inform the public of what I have learned as I have observed these wounds and cared for these patients. It’s clear to me that AR-15 and other high-velocity weapons, especially when outfitted with a high-capacity magazine, have no place in a civilian’s gun cabinet. I have friends who own AR-15 rifles; they enjoy shooting them at target practice for sport and fervently defend their right to own them. But I cannot accept that their right to enjoy their hobby supersedes my right to send my own children to school, a movie theater, or a concert and to know that they are safe. Can the answer really be to subject our school children to active-shooter drills—to learn to hide under desks, turn off the lights, lock the door, and be silent—instead of addressing the root cause of the problem and passing legislation to take AR-15-style weapons out of the hands of civilians?
<<<

Come on EMN, get informed. brah. You should be marched past the scene of the next public slaughter after it happens so that you can see first hand what your cheerleading for free and easy access to guns causes.

BAN. THEM. ALL.

(crime will fall)

Now go on ahead and post something dumb about abortion. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to post any graphic images here, but those children would have literally been disemboweled and dismembered.

>>>
I have seen a handful of AR-15 injuries in my career. Years ago I saw one from a man shot in the back by a swat team. The injury along the path of the bullet from an AR-15 is vastly different from a low-velocity handgun injury. The bullet from an AR-15 passes through the body like a cigarette boat traveling at maximum speed through a tiny canal. The tissue next to the bullet is elastic—moving away from the bullet like waves of water displaced by the boat—and then returns and settles back. This process is called cavitation; it leaves the displaced tissue damaged or killed. The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path. It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.

As a doctor, I feel I have a duty to inform the public of what I have learned as I have observed these wounds and cared for these patients. It’s clear to me that AR-15 and other high-velocity weapons, especially when outfitted with a high-capacity magazine, have no place in a civilian’s gun cabinet. I have friends who own AR-15 rifles; they enjoy shooting them at target practice for sport and fervently defend their right to own them. But I cannot accept that their right to enjoy their hobby supersedes my right to send my own children to school, a movie theater, or a concert and to know that they are safe. Can the answer really be to subject our school children to active-shooter drills—to learn to hide under desks, turn off the lights, lock the door, and be silent—instead of addressing the root cause of the problem and passing legislation to take AR-15-style weapons out of the hands of civilians?
<<<

Come on EMN, get informed. brah. You should be marched past the scene of the next public slaughter after it happens so that you can see first hand what your cheerleading for free and easy access to guns causes.

BAN. THEM. ALL.

(crime will fall)

.223 causes no injuries that any other rifle does not cause.

Your argument is silly anyway, the fact that a criminal injury is ugly is not a reason to restrict access to a class of weapons.

“Those children would’ve been literally disemboweled or dismembered” well not from normal gunshot wounds, especially not a small round from a rifle. What could do those types of injuries are kitchen knives.

.223 causes no injuries that any other rifle does not cause.

Your argument is silly anyway, the fact that a criminal injury is ugly is not a reason to restrict access to a class of weapons.

“Those children would’ve been literally disemboweled or dismembered” well not from normal gunshot wounds, especially not a small round from a rifle. What could do those types of injuries are kitchen knives.

You have failed to convince me EMN.

You are not a very convincing guy IMO.(n)

Did anyone ever stop to think about how much political positioning is behind guns and gun laws? A lot of this stuff happens to be to weaken lobby money going to republicans. If someday it will shift and all of a sudden the guns lobby starts to funnel money to democrats then the narrative will shift along with it. One maxim will always remain true: Follow The Money. The flow of money eventually explains everything very clearly.

I read an article a while back (What Bullets Do to Bodies on Highline, for those so inclined) that basically stated one of the major reasons we don’t have stricter gun regulations is that the impact on victims and the horror of the violence itself is not well understood due to its censorship by the media. Do you believe that this is true, and if so, do you think the full, uncensored impact of gun violence should be shown in mainstream online media?
I agree. TV gun violence never shows what actually happens to gunshot victims or those the victim leaves behind, the impact on people that see the shooting, the leo and medical people that deal with the victim.

Right.

And if that "legally owned weapon" had NOT been there, then it NEVER would have ended up being used to slaughter a bunch of children in a sleepy civilian neighborhood.
Thats why you dont ever want to have that stuff in civilian neighborhoods. Its not where it belongs.

You want to ban all legally owned weapons and pretend that will be any more effective than banning crack, heroin or coke

Right.

Come out of the make believe world....
Gun haters going to hate guns.

You are not going to ban guns in the United States. If the stupid democrats stop letting criminals out of jail to prey on innocent citzens there would be a lot less gun violence. What neighbor Is not civilian?

Silly post bud!!

We have a Second Amendment. Why do we have security problems in our free States?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

You want to ban all legally owned weapons and pretend that will be any more effective than banning crack, heroin or coke
Not at all. We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States.

We have a Second Amendment. Why do we have security problems in our free States?

Not at all. We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States.
you really need to have someone rework your logarithms and tweak them to generate more relevant responses

>>>

<<<

BAN. THEM. ALL.

(crime will fall)

this is how we know you have never actually seen anyone or anything that has been shot with a 223 round.

But beyond this, it's not possible to ban them. You would have to repeal the 2nd amendment with a new amendment.

Come now..how silly.

>>>

<<<

BAN. THEM. ALL.

(crime will fall)

Just so you know. All bullets cause cavitation. Of course depending on the tissue that they hit.
Honestly.. you have no business telling anyone anything about what should be in a persons gun cabinet.
The .223 you are so worried about. Pales in comparison to the damage and penetration that can be caused by my sons .243 with a barnes bullet. The minimum cartridge for which he can hunt deer...
then we only go up from there to my 338 rum with enough energy to take down an elk at 600 yards.

You simply have no clue about cartridges and ballistics and what they are used for and who when and why they may be used.

I get it.. you are making an emotional plea and hoping that it works... but its not based on logic or facts.

Back
Top Bottom