• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun owners must compromise!!

Hard to compromise with people who gleefully watch children being slaughtered.
I would think you could set whatever difficulty level you like when it comes to compromising with figments of your imagination.

Your compromise seems to be something similar to, I have aids and if you don't give me something, I will infect you. That isn't compromise, that's being held at gunpoint to get what you want.

Calm down. Nobody is holding you at gunpoint.
Your response tells me there is nothing in your mind that doesn't infringe on your second amendment rights, this is nothing more than your rabbit hole for others to jump down. It does matter what you might be willing to agree to and as a responsible gun owner you should be helping to find answers, not throw up roadblocks.

Your compromise seems to be something similar to, I have aids and if you don't give me something, I will infect you. That isn't compromise, that's being held at gunpoint to get what you want.
The only way you can reach this conclusion is to intentionally misread my posts.
That aside....
What you describe is,. precisely, the anti-gun left's version of compromise, as demonstrated at least twice in this thread:
"Give is what we want and we'll let you keep (at least some of) your guns."
Your response tells me there is nothing in your mind that doesn't infringe on your second amendment rights,
I haven't mentioned infringements at all, especially not in a manner that supports this claim.

Anything else you'd like to make up?
It does matter what you might be willing to agree to....
You will ever know until you make an offer.
- If we give you universal background checks, you will give us... what?
- If we give you a ban on 'assault weapons', you will give us... what?
While you ponder, do not forget the basis of compromise is to offer something of at least equal value to what you ask for.
and as a responsible gun owner you should be helping to find answers, not throw up roadblocks.
So long as you seek acquiescence, not compromise, there's no reason for us to give an inch.

… there's no reason for us to give an inch.

The Gun Cult expects everyone to sacrifice their children to their fetish. Not one expects them to give an inch. They want your children to die.

The Gun Cult expects everyone to sacrifice their children to their fetish. Not one expects them to give an inch. They want your children to die.

Give it a rest. It's just stale, stupid bait.

Give it a rest. It's just stale, stupid bait.

The Gun Folk are who they are. You cannot reason with a death cult. All they care about is guns. They are scum.

The Gun Folk are who they are. You cannot reason with a death cult. All they care about is guns. They are scum.

Was that three or four recent posts of content-less, derogatory baiting?

Here is my proposal:

- Suppressors off the NFA.
- SBRs, SBSs, AOWs off the NFA.
- Repeal of the Hughes Amendment.
- National shall issue concealed carry (we could withhold highway funds from states that don’t comply).
- National reciprocity of concealed carry permits with no stupid gun free zones allowed except in narrowly defined cases.

Oh, my compromise?
- Machine Guns can stay under the NFA.

Here is my proposal:

- Suppressors off the NFA.
- SBRs, SBSs, AOWs off the NFA.
- Repeal of the Hughes Amendment.
- National shall issue concealed carry (we could withhold highway funds from states that don’t comply).
- National reciprocity of concealed carry permits with no stupid gun free zones allowed except in narrowly defined cases.

Oh, my compromise?
- Machine Guns can stay under the NFA.

Very reasonable.

The clown who wrote that article has no grasp on reality. Nothing like what he was proposing will ever happen.

Below, an example of what "compromise" means to the rabid anti-gun left; given some of the posts here, I have no reason to think these points are not supported to some degree by those on the left in general

In summation, this is "compromise":
-You may only own a gun under specific and very limited conditions
-You have no right to own a gun, and the 2nd Amendment is irrelevant

Oddly enough, there's no mention on banning certain firearms. Weird.

Anyway... regarding "compromise"...
-Why would gun owners agree to this?
-As "compromise" requires give and take from both sides, what do gun owners receive in exchange for agreeing with this?

If you believe this is a poor example of compromise, set up as a straw man, what compromise would you offer?
Compromise is compromising the Constitution. Nobody talks about compromising on the 1st Amendment.

Compromise is compromising the Constitution. Nobody talks about compromising on the 1st Amendment.

Yes they do. All the time.

Okay, the Left likes to compromise through proxy like when FB and Twitter quashed Trump.
The difference is that when it's the First Amendment they don't talk about it. The just do it.

They get to keep their guns. You guys think ANY suggestion is an affront to your beloved second amendment. What is the purpose of a bump stock? You gonna' kill a dozen deer at once? Why do you NEED thirty round magazines, you gonna' kill twenty deer and ten bears at the same time?

Put chips in all new weapons so only the purchaser can use them. How's that for starters, does that diminish the second amendment, infringe on your right to own a firearm?
Rights are predicated on a need. We don’t have to provide a reason to you in order for us to exercise our rights. Yes, putting a chip in a gun to only allow one person to use it is an infringement.

Rights are predicated on a need. We don’t have to provide a reason to you in order for us to exercise our rights. Yes, putting a chip in a gun to only allow one person to use it is an infringement.
Of course it is, isn't everything?

Really? What change would you not mind to your right to bear arms?
I must have missed your response:

- If we give you universal background checks, you will give us... what?
- If we give you a ban on 'assault weapons', you will give us... what?
While you ponder, do not forget the basis of compromise is to offer something of at least equal value to what you ask for.

Well?

Back
Top Bottom