• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun geeks flip out over suspension of preschooler

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Boy suspended for taking shell casing to preschool, mom's Facebook post goes viral | Fox News

And of course there is the predictable chorus of "OMG stoopid lib'rals that's not a shotgun bullet it's a child-killer 4000 bullet!".

Honestly, who cares?

It is highly irresponsible for these parents to allow their kids to bring gun crap to a preschool. If you don't know that the kid has a bullet in his backpack odds are he could sneak a gun into the preschool. Kudos to this preschool for removing their kid. I wouldn't ever send my kid to a place with irresponsible gun owners like that.

Boy suspended for taking shell casing to preschool, mom's Facebook post goes viral | Fox News

And of course there is the predictable chorus of "OMG stoopid lib'rals that's not a shotgun bullet it's a child-killer 4000 bullet!".

Honestly, who cares?

It is highly irresponsible for these parents to allow their kids to bring gun crap to a preschool. If you don't know that the kid has a bullet in his backpack odds are he could sneak a gun into the preschool. Kudos to this preschool for removing their kid. I wouldn't ever send my kid to a place with irresponsible gun owners like that.

It was a piece of metal, totally inert.

the spend 22 casing was found by the boy and unknown to this parents

a shotgun bullet.?.....how stupid, people who makes judgements and don't even know what they are talking about and make decisions based on emotion.

Last edited:

Honestly, who cares?

Yes...we are going to say, "OMG stoopid lib'rals" because they are indeed stupid. This is a shell casing from a spent shell. This means there is no bullet, no charge, nothing. It's less dangerous than a pencil or stairs.

It's not irresponsible at all to let a child that is old enough to know not to put something in their mouth and choke on it to have one.

Suspension was an overreaction. The school should have confiscated the casing and called the parents. If they have their own backpacks or lockers I would check that too.

Suspension was an overreaction. The school should have confiscated the casing and called the parents. If they have their own backpacks or lockers I would check that too.

Yeah, the school could have certainly taken it and thrown it away. Informed the parents that the student did bring it to class. But it was an empty shell, so I don't think that suspension was called for.

At the same accord, this is likely the result of zero-tolerance policies and if a kid can be suspended for eating his pop-tart into the shape of a gun, they can be suspended for bringing in an empty shell.

Honestly, who cares?

It's an empty shell case. Suspension was a stupid overreaction. I would have just confiscated it, and then inform the parents of it over the phone or something.

I doubt a preschooler could hold, let alone fire a gun. Pre-schoolers are not going to be carrying guns to school. I you going to ban a shall casing you should probably ban coins as well, they are metal objects.

Honestly, who cares?

That wouldn't even happen in Canada where we hate guns

Honestly, who cares?

You are exactly what we think you are, poor guy.

Why? It's a casing.

Why? It's a casing.

It's a school. Obviously in this situation the kid just brought a casing, but better safe than sorry. I'm not saying a preschooler would plan to shoot up a school, but would it be a stretch to think they might think a gun is cool and bring it in their backpack to show to their friends? There are a lot of irresponsible parents out there.

Let's ignore the school's comment on the subject and just believe the word of random stranger on the Internet. That's a GREAT plan with no chance of backfiring at all. :roll:

Here's the school's statement: "The school’s vice-president told Fox 2 the suspension was for more than the shell casing; that the school was simply following its discipline policy. He said he couldn’t go into further detail, citing confidentiality concerns."

But sure, parents have NEVER been known to lie before where their children are concerned.

It's a school. Obviously in this situation the kid just brought a casing, but better safe than sorry. I'm not saying a preschooler would plan to shoot up a school, but would it be a stretch to think they might think a gun is cool and bring it in their backpack to show to their friends? There are a lot of irresponsible parents out there.

Why do you hate freedumb?

Yeah, it's a school, and an empty casing is nothing to be worried about. Again, the pencils they use in class are more dangerous. The mentality that this is somehow an inappropriate thing is borderline a mental disorder that would fall into the category of a phobia. An empty casing isn't going to spontaneously generate into a gun and kill a bunch of kids.

Let's ignore the school's comment on the subject and just believe the word of random stranger on the Internet. That's a GREAT plan with no chance of backfiring at all. :roll:

Here's the school's statement: "The school’s vice-president told Fox 2 the suspension was for more than the shell casing; that the school was simply following its discipline policy. He said he couldn’t go into further detail, citing confidentiality concerns."

But sure, parents have NEVER been known to lie before where their children are concerned.

Lol...confidentiality of what?

Honestly, who cares?

It was a spent case from a .22lr. The single biggest danger that would present to a preschooler would be that it might be a choking hazard.

Yeah, it's a school, and an empty casing is nothing to be worried about. Again, the pencils they use in class are more dangerous. The mentality that this is somehow an inappropriate thing is borderline a mental disorder that would fall into the category of a phobia. An empty casing isn't going to spontaneously generate into a gun and kill a bunch of kids.

I'm not concerned about the empty casing. The reason I would want to search a backpack or locker is because if the kid thought a gun casing was cool he probably thinks guns are cool. I don't know who his parents are, or if they are responsible, and I would want to make sure he didn't try to hide a gun in his backpack to show his buddies. A kid can't accidentally shoot other kids with a pencil.

I'm not concerned about the empty casing. The reason I would want to search a backpack or locker is because if the kid thought a gun casing was cool he probably thinks guns are cool. I don't know who his parents are, or if they are responsible, and I would want to make sure he didn't try to hide a gun in his backpack to show his buddies. Pencils can't accidentally shoot a kid.

You don't know who his parents are, but I'm sure that the pre-school does. Searching the backpack, no big deal. Suspension for bringing in a spell shell casing, overboard.

So are they sayng their discipline policy is confidential?

You don't know who his parents are, but I'm sure that the pre-school does. Searching the backpack, no big deal. Suspension for bringing in a spell shell casing, overboard.

Exactly, that's what I said in my first comment.

I'm not concerned about the empty casing. The reason I would want to search a backpack or locker is because if the kid thought a gun casing was cool he probably thinks guns are cool. I don't know who his parents are, or if they are responsible, and I would want to make sure he didn't try to hide a gun in his backpack to show his buddies. A kid can't accidentally shoot other kids with a pencil.

*just casing or shell. If you wanted to be exactly specific it would be a bullet casing or shell but not gun casing.

Search his stuff, then, or talk to him. Most kids also do think guns are cool and that's just fine and a kid can't accidentally shoot other kids with an empty casing so...again, we come to the irrational fear thing.

Lol...confidentiality of what?

Elsewhere in the OP it is stated that this criminal preschooler had also used other toys as make believe guns. That's certainly an indication of a future mass murderer.

With the current rules in place, I nor none of my classmates would have ever finished a full day in school. We all had toy pistols complete with belted holsters. BB guns, and other assorted contraband including pocket knives. In high school most vehicles had guns on board, especially during hunting season. What we didn't do is shoot up schools or gay bars. So there must be something else going on.

*just casing or shell. If you wanted to be exactly specific it would be a bullet casing or shell but not gun casing.

Search his stuff, then, or talk to him. Most kids also do think guns are cool and that's just fine and a kid can't accidentally shoot other kids with an empty casing so...again, we come to the irrational fear thing.
Literally all I have been suggesting is to search his stuff and call his parents. For the record, if a kid brought in an empty liquor bottle I would do the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom