• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Group homes for aspergers

Most men have some autism. It's almost cliche when you hear a wife say "you can't leave the house wearing that!" or kicking her husband under the table for saying something insensitive at dinner.

Well, it is cliche. Not "almost."

No.
Not the same thing at all.

My own personal experience as an Aspie is that my childhood felt like living in a windowless concrete room.
And at age fifteen my experiments with psychedelics, LSD, shrooms and peyote (ALL under the supervision of an experienced trusted friend who acted as a guide) is what broke me OUT of that windowless mental prison. Suddenly I felt human and I began to RELATE TO humans.
I suddenly felt the love and compassion of other people, I suddenly began to adapt and to learn how to harmonize with other people.
And finally, love found me.

I realize every Aspie is different, so this can't be a recommendation, but I don't see a downside as long as the person is under the supervision of a trusted guide, or better yet, a doctor who understands the therapeutic use of psychedelics.

As Leon Russell said, it's an "artificially induced religious experience".
It will change your entire outlook on people and the world in general.
Adderall combined with paxil in equal doses is what did it for me.

Also i’d like to say stay the hell away from Zoloft. Gave me a full blown manic attack…

I find it odd people still call it Asperger’s syndrome considering Hans Asperger got it so wrong. He called it autistic sociopathy which is dead wrong. There is a major difference between an inability to empathize and the difficulty to naturally respond to social cues or understand other human beings

I find it odd people still call it Asperger’s syndrome considering Hans Asperger got it so wrong. He called it autistic sociopathy which is dead wrong. There is a major difference between an inability to empathize and the difficulty to naturally respond to social cues or understand other human beings

He was a Nazi

He sent at least one kid with Asperger's to be euthanized. To purify the German gene pool.

I think the kid was non-verbal. It's been a while since I read about Asperger.

He was a Nazi

He sent at least one kid with Asperger's to die. To purify the German gene pool.

Yeah. There was an interesting uncovering surrounding him. Previous accounts held that he was a hero who saved disabled children from being euthanized but later records show that to not be the case.

The good news is, Aspergers magically doesnt exist anymore. Now its just another notch on 'the spectrum'.

Just another example of the damage the political agenda of the APA has done.

Aspies are getting a bum rap from people who have never read a single word of his.
It's pretty much Salem Massachusetts in the 1600's and I guess we all deserve a good dunking, and if we drown, we weren't Aspie sociopaths, and if we don't, we are and must be hanged.
Kid shot up a grocery store or a campus?? Hmmm, must be one of those Asperger kids.

Conventional lore claims Aspies tend toward being non-verbal and yet I'm a blabbermouth who won't shut up.
Conventional lore claims Aspies don't have emotions "like normal people" and I would wager I am probably so emotionally in tune that I constantly surprise my wife.

And I know I am repeating myself but it's only because I feel so strongly - - Autism Speaks is the worst autism advocacy organization ever conceived of by man or beast.
They're one of the main sources of all the disinfo about Aspies.

Back in the 80's a large grassroots protest materialized when LA Mayor Tom Bradley appointed an able bodied person to head up his "Mayor's Commission on Disability Access and Rights" and the disabled community "weren't havin' NONE of that".
They quite rightly wanted a DISABLED director for that position.

Well, maybe AS doesn't need an autistic director but autistic people should make up the majority of the top level management of the organization.
The fact is, AS has ZERO.
Autistic people should press hard to force AS to restructure.

Aspies are getting a bum rap from people who have never read a single word of his.
It's pretty much Salem Massachusetts in the 1600's and I guess we all deserve a good dunking, and if we drown, we weren't Aspie sociopaths, and if we don't, we are and must be hanged.
Kid shot up a grocery store or a campus?? Hmmm, must be one of those Asperger kids.

Conventional lore claims Aspies tend toward being non-verbal and yet I'm a blabbermouth who won't shut up.
Conventional lore claims Aspies don't have emotions "like normal people" and I would wager I am probably so emotionally in tune that I constantly surprise my wife.

And I know I am repeating myself but it's only because I feel so strongly - - Autism Speaks is the worst autism advocacy organization ever conceived of by man or beast.

Back in the 80's a large grassroots protest materialized when LA Mayor Tom Bradley appointed an able bodied person to head up his "Mayor's Commission on Disability Access and Rights" and the disabled community "weren't havin' NONE of that".

Well, maybe AS doesn't need an autistic director but autistic people should make up the majority of the top level management of the organization.

Autism Speaks also supported electroshock “therapy” (no not the kind that has been approved) more like the “im gonna shock you and torture you if you act out” “therapy”

When they call an autistic person "non-verbal", it means they can't speak.

When the symptoms are that severe, they also tend to flap their hands like they're trying to fly.

I am grateful for their activism.

Most men have some autism. It's almost cliche when you hear a wife say "you can't leave the house wearing that!" or kicking her husband under the table for saying something insensitive at dinner.

Nope.
That's not autism.

Nah that aint autism. I will be happy to explain what its like from my point of view though!

Back
Top Bottom