• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor Ron DeSantis Signs Financial Literacy Bill to Support Florida’s Students

1. No, blacks and latinos should not be taught that a bank is more apt to "push" a subprime mortgage on them, because that's not true. .
2. My black neighbor, my Venezuelan neighbor and my south Asian (Indian) neighbor's homes have the same per square foot value as my home. So, no, I wouldn't teach the false narrative that when a minority owns a home it's worth less the same home owned by a white person. And, equity depends on how much of your mortgage you've paid off, and how much you owe compared to your homes estimated value. It doesn't have to do with race.
3. No, it would not be helpful for them to know false things. What is helpful for them to know is reading, writing, maths, sciences, literature, poetry, art, physical education, home economics, personal finance, drafting/drawing, etc. etc.
4. I don't know what a "white sounding name" is, since I'm not a racist. Jackson? Jefferson? Washington? Douglas? King? Coleman? Chisholm? DuBois? Smith? Jones? I grew up with a name that for some reason people routinely mispronounced, and I was even teased about it in those pesky school age years.

White kids shouldn't be taught that, because it's false. And even if it was true, why would you want to teach that to a little kid?

No, it's not too much diversity - it's too much bullshit.

Google it, there are tons of links. Here's one:

And they've done set-ups where black and white couples, exactly with all the same credit, incomes, etc went to get loans and there were big differences in the loan rates and even being qualified at all.

Back
Top Bottom