• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor DeSantis

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Has DeSantis gotten out over his skis in regards to the Covid mess? There is an old adage about sports playoff teams, stating that they may have peaked too early.

Is Ron on solid political ground or is he wading into quicksand, politically?

He should be wading into quicksand. But in FL, who knows if they will back him no matter what?

He should be impeached and then brought before a court for criminal negligence on a state-wide scale.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I think his early lead has gone to his head . He is screwing up in FL and as goes Covid so goes him....he should have paid better attention to what happened to Trump and walked a finer line. I thought maybe he "got it" during the condo catastrophe but apparently not...couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Has DeSantis gotten out over his skis in regards to the Covid mess? There is an old adage about sports playoff teams, stating that they may have peaked too early.

Wading? Heck he went in off the high dive. Why these republicans think being stupid and denying science will help them come election time is beyond my reasoning. It will get them the vote from the trump supporters and then what?

DeSantis has painted himself into a corner.

His hope was that they could ride unscathed through this pandemic. But this doesn't seems the case.

And to now say he was wrong would dimish his presidential hopes.

So I have no idea what he will do but he is up to bat.

Wading? Heck he went in off the high dive. Why these republicans think being stupid and denying science will help them come election time is beyond my reasoning. It will get them the vote from the trump supporters and then what?
It's a "hail mary pass" for Republicans since Mr. One and done is the most universally hated ex President in history and he is still the party leader. They are betting that these new covid deaths can be blamed on Biden. The one term mistake signaled that when he said people are not taking the vaccine because they don't trust Biden. It seems far fetched but what GOP action is not lately?

It's a "hail mary pass" for Republicans since Mr. One and done is the most universally hated ex President in history and he is still the party leader. They are betting that these new covid deaths can be blamed on Biden. It seems far fetched but what GOP action is not that lately.
They can convince each other it's all biden's fault but rational people I do believe will think otherwise since biden is regularly on tv pushing us to get vaccinated. It is by now agreed this current mess is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. They can try to blame that on biden but I think it will go over like a led zeppelin balloon.

DeSantis has painted himself into a corner.

His hope was that they could ride unscathed through this pandemic. But this doesn't seems the case.

And to now say he was wrong would dimish his presidential hopes.

So I have no idea what he will do but he is up to bat.
Their only hope is for Ron Death Sentence to blame the covid surge on Biden so that is what he is doing every chance he gets.

They can convince each other it's all biden's fault but rational people I do believe will think otherwise since biden is regularly on tv pushing us to get vaccinated. It is by now agreed this current mess is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. They can try to blame that on biden but I think it will go over like a led zeppelin balloon.
Why do you think Death Sentence goes after Biden so much? That is their plan and they are sticking to it. It's a stupid plan but it comes from the horse's mouth. Honestly I have not heard even one anti-vaxxer say they don't want the vaccine because of Biden.

Trump Claims Americans Not Taking COVID Vaccine Because They 'Don't Trust the President'​

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-clai...ine-because-they-dont-trust-president-1612889

Why do you think Death Sentence goes after Biden so much? That is their plan and they are sticking to it. It's a stupid plan but it comes from the horse's mouth.

Trump Claims Americans Not Taking COVID Vaccine Because They 'Don't Trust the President'​

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-clai...ine-because-they-dont-trust-president-1612889
Well that's just as stupid since trump developed all the vaccines personally with no help from anyone else. He knows more about infectious diseases than anyone, including the generals.

Well that's just as stupid since trump developed all the vaccines personally with no help from anyone else. He knows more about infectious diseases than anyone, including the generals.
You forgot "like nobody has ever seen before".

The stand DeSantis has taken is the correct one based on what we know about the pros and cons of wearing masks, the effectiveness of vaccines on the virus, and just how little the virus effects and threatens children. Because of the effectiveness of the vaccine in reducing both the severity of symptoms, and preventing death to those infected, that alone renders any government intervention unnecessary and unwarranted. It's time for the government to step back and allow people to live their lives as they see fit.

Unfortunately because of the one-sided coverage we get from the mainstream news media in America, it's difficult to know how the overall public will judge the governor's actions.

The stand DeSantis has taken is the correct one based on what we know about the pros and cons of wearing masks, the effectiveness of vaccines on the virus, and just how little the virus effects and threatens children. Because of the effectiveness of the vaccine in reducing both the severity of symptoms, and preventing death to those infected, that alone renders any government intervention unnecessary and unwarranted. It's time for the government to step back and allow people to live their lives as they see fit.

Unfortunately because of the one-sided coverage we get from the mainstream news media in America, it's difficult to know how the overall public will judge the governor's actions.

His rehearsed rant aimed at Biden fell flat and won’t win anything but performance awards.
I think the governor is listening to the wrong people….l

next time do a poll ;)

not so, you can turn on Fox News any day of the week and get "fair and balanced" news.

download.jpg

His rehearsed rant aimed at Biden fell flat and won’t win anything but performance awards.
I think the governor is listening to the wrong people….l

Are you talking about this:

I agreed with everything he said, but did think that last shot he took at Biden over the border was unnecessary.

Ron Death Sentence has violated every scientific mandate in a vain attempt to Blame Biden for the deaths and hospitalizations in his State. He has sued companies for requiring vaccinations and refused to follow CDC rules about masks in public and schools with predictably deadly results. We have the most cases and deaths in the nation and there is no end in sight. School starts in Florida totally maskless on Tuesday but our pediatric hospitals are already full of covid sick children. What could go wrong with that?

Florida reports record high number of new Covid-19 cases this week

(CNN)Florida reported 134,506 new Covid-19 cases over the last week on Friday, more than any other 7-day period during the pandemic.
Data published Friday by the state health department shows the state reported an average of 19,215 cases each day.
The previous record high was set January 8, with 125,937 cases reported over seven days, for an average of 17,991 cases each day, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
This week's total is about 22% higher than last week, when the state reported 110,477 total cases, for an average of about 15,782 new cases each day.

About 1 in 5 Covid-19 cases have been reported in Florida over the past couple weeks, though the state accounts for less than 7% of the US population, according to US Census Bureau data.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/us/florida-covid-19-data-friday/index.html

According to World o meter Florida had 22,783 new covid cases today and 199 new deaths. So all the BS going around here about Delta being milder is total BS.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Are you talking about this:

I agreed with everything he said, but did think that last shot he took at Biden over the border was unnecessary.

Watch his Pence bobble-head behind him. This wasn’t spontaneous, imo!

I was speaking generally... Fox News is an oasis in a sea of liberal biased media outlets.
Of course Fox news is an Oasis, their moniker is "fair and balanced" and every time I turn on Fox news I see just how fair and balanced they are.

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.png

Back
Top Bottom