• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Government Ruins Everything: Housing the Homeless in Winter edition

They can have food and shelter and warm clothes, after they voluntarily enter treatment programs because they have no other choice. Homelessness due to drug addiction is not what Jesus was talking about. By making their stay on the streets easier YOU are the one morally wrong because you are providing a disincentive for them to change their decision making.
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.

Your knowledge of authentic Christian theology appears very weak.

This is not even relevant to the discussion. It’s evidence you buy homeless people warm coats to make yourself feel better. In and oddly Ayn Rand fashion, you buy yourself satisfaction and whether or not they die on the street is irelevant to you. You might as well buy them cemetery plots

Your knowledge of authentic Christian theology appears very weak.

This is not even relevant to the discussion. It’s evidence you buy homeless people warm coats to make yourself feel better. In and oddly Ayn Rand fashion, you buy yourself satisfaction and whether or not they die on the street is irelevant to you. You might as well buy them cemetery plots
Yup, just as I thought.

Yup, just as I thought.

And yet you haven’t posted any actual policy ideas for homelessness or the logic behind it. Because once more, they are pets you buy jackets for and don’t actually care if they get better. But when someone suggests actually fixing their problem you get angry. And then post irrelevant Bible passages to show “hypocrisy” that doesn’t exist.

The alternative is they sleep in the street without shelter, and their sanitation facilities don't change either way.

People are donating their time and money to improve the lives of those who have nothing, and you're against it, because it doesn't fit into some arbitrary regulatory model.

If it turned out that some of these homeless people froze to death because these small structures were removed by some vile bureaucrat, would you view that as a net win for society?
Isn't this simply a guy trying to provide some basic shelter for people who will have no shelter during a Canadian winter? I don't see any posters here heading north to do something better for those homeless. I don't see anybody except this carpenter doing anything better for them. So maybe STFU.

Isn't this simply a guy trying to provide some basic shelter for people who will have no shelter during a Canadian winter?

Pretty much, plus they are only putting them on private property.

If Americans wanted to reject government they would massively support a candidate that says he will dismantle it.

They never do

Hmm... wasn’t Trump elected in large part based on his promise to reduce federal income tax rates and to reduce federal regulations?

I guess sometimes they do. ;)

Read the article, and tell me if the homeless people are better off or worse off without the small, insulated structures this guy is building form them with donated money.
The obvious answer is that some will benefit, and others will not. As it is with so many social issues, there isn't any one-size-fits-all solution. They depend on how close or how far from ideal the available alternatives are.

Back
Top Bottom