• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Politicians and Pundits Lie About Colorado's Voting Laws In Attempt To Embarrass MLB

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Republicans lied about Colorado voting laws being more restrictive than Georgia, here's more info.
Last week, the MLB announced it would be pulling its All-Star Game out of Georgia in response to the state’s restrictive new voting law, and moving it to far more voter-friendly Colorado.

The bill was passed by Georgia’s Republican-dominated legislature and signed into law by Gov. Brian Kemp (R) at the end of last month. Now, the GOP machine is scrambling to defend the action the prompted the move — and its mouthpieces have chosen to lie, loudly and repeatedly, about Colorado’s voting system.

On Tuesday, Republican politicians and conservative outlets alike claimed that Colorado’s and Georgia’s voting laws are actually quite similar. Fox News went further, suggesting that Colorado’s laws may actually be more restrictive. Even the smallest amount of research exposes these claims as clearly false.

The basis of the argument here is that if Colorado’s laws are just as bad as Georgia’s now are — they aren’t — then Georgia shouldn’t be punished for its Republican-backed voting restrictions. Republican legislators argue that the real enemy is the MLB, for caving to what Kemp lazily dismissed as “the ‘woke’ mob’s lies.”

But when it comes to election laws, Colorado and Georgia aren’t even in the same ballpark.

Republicans lied about Colorado voting laws being more restrictive than Georgia, here's more info.

The fact that right-wing extremists are so butthurt about the All-Star Game moving to Denver makes a compelling case that it was the right move.

Pure bullshit. The argument relies on the lax rules in Colorado. I would expect no less nonsense from HuffPew. “Easier” isn’t synonymous with “Better” or “Secure".

Last edited:
Pure bullshit. The argument relies on the lax rules in Colorado. I would expect no less nonsense from HuffPew. “Easier” isn’t synonymous with “Better” or “Secure".
You're gonna need more ointment for the butthurt.

How do their lax rules make it more difficult to vote in Colorado?

Where is the security problem.

I presume you have a penis. Do we get to assume you're a rapist due to your possession of a rape weapon?.

No. The answer is no.

Nor do a lot of mail in ballots mean fraud. Or any of the other things being done to make you feel more confident in election security when the only reason for that concern was a bunch of people you trust lied to your face for months.

Colorado has same-day voter registration and Georgia does not. It's that easy lol.

Your posts are pure bullshit. The rules are not lax and Colorado elections are the Gold Standard, better and Secure. By the way, doesn't matter the source of my article if they are reporting truthful facts. I don't refer to fox news or other extremist rightwing fake propaganda sites, because they lean on spoon feeding their mindless viewers with conspiracies and lies. I understand, you wouldn't know the difference.

Conservatives are making it increasingly clear that the point is to suppress the vote. Their politicians say it, the National Review says it, some poster here say it should be limited. Security is a charade.

Your posts are pure bullshit. The rules are not lax and Colorado elections are the Gold Standard, better and Secure. By the way, doesn't matter the source of my article if they are reporting truthful facts. I don't refer to fox news or other extremist rightwing fake propaganda sites, because they lean on spoon feeding their mindless viewers with conspiracies and lies. I understand, you wouldn't know the difference.
Great serving of LW nonsense. The article itself more than illustrates the laxity. I do agree the source of your article wouldn’t matter IF THEY WERE REPORTING TRUE FACTS. - They’re not. Mail ballots to everyone is secure? Using a utility bill for ID? Really? I’ve never seen a utility bill with a picture or any other unique personal identifier on it. HuffPew just regurgitates Co. Sec of State’s assurances without question.

Last edited:
You're gonna need more ointment for the butthurt.

How do their lax rules make it more difficult to vote in Colorado?

Where is the security problem.

I presume you have a penis. Do we get to assume you're a rapist due to your possession of a rape weapon?.

No. The answer is no.

Nor do a lot of mail in ballots mean fraud. Or any of the other things being done to make you feel more confident in election security when the only reason for that concern was a bunch of people you trust lied to your face for months.
LOL, thanks for the robotic LW Nuh-uh. :rolleyes: Enjoy your Kool Aid and cookies.

Republicans thought that sending ballots to every registered voter in CO was just fine, when the rep. SOS first did it. Low voter fraud, too - “Our referral rate for potential double voting and further investigation into in our 2018 general election was 0.0027 percent of all ballots cast,” said Griswold. That meant 62 ballots out of 1.5 million cast. Referral means sending them over to the attorney general for a further look. CBS4 has asked, but they did not have figures available on the number of ballots or voters who faced legal action at the time of this writing."

Great serving of LW nonsense. The article itself more than illustrates the laxity. I do agree the source of your article wouldn’t matter IF THEY WERE REPORTING TRUE FACTS. - They’re not. Mail ballots to everyone is secure? Using a utility bill for ID? Really? I’ve never seen a utility bill with a picture or any other unique personal identifier on it. HuffPew just regurgitates Co. Sec of State’s assurances without question.
Seems it would be easier to catch those rotten Dems in states trump won.

Funny how all those states' elections were flawless, huh?

Y'all already finished it all. Just like you to grab everything with both hands. Selfish bastards!
You didn’t think much before you tossed out this grade school “I know you are but what am I” come back. :ROFLMAO:

You didn’t think much before you tossed out this grade school “I know you are but what am I” come back. :ROFLMAO:
Y'all are only good for mockery.

Your thoughts are all installed. I know because they are all identical.

Since you're known for believing and spreading lies and disinformation, your bullshit posts are worthless. You truly drank all the KoolAid trump was serving, and ate all his red meat too. 🤡

Since you're known for believing and spreading lies and disinformation, your bullshit posts are worthless. You truly drank all the KoolAid trump was serving, and ate all his red meat too. 🤡
Got nothing but personal attacks, eh? I just keep knocking over you guys houses of cards, don’t I?

The fact that right-wing extremists are so butthurt about the All-Star Game moving to Denver makes a compelling case that it was the right move.
Staci Abrams step on her own toes with this one. The truth of her pressure to move the game is going to hurt Atlanta, black businesses, the MLB and Staci Abrams intended run for the governors seat. It's so typical with democrats, their feelings seem to betray them as they consistently screw over their voters.

Looking forward to seeing your evidence that there is a problem with election security in CO. Let's make it easier for you...anywhere.
Do you believe that President Biden won a fair election free from statistically significant voter fraud last November?

Looking forward to seeing your evidence that there is a problem with election security in CO. Let's make it easier for you...anywhere.
Do you believe that President Biden won a fair election free from statistically significant voter fraud last November?
Hold you breath until I present it.

Staci Abrams step on her own toes with this one.

Actually she came out against the move. But we all know that you're not honest enough to admit that. :)

Back
Top Bottom